weight loss - free information on losing weight

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by NeighborMike, Aug 6, 2004.

1. NeighborMike

NeighborMike Senior Member

Home Page:
    weight loss - free information on losing weight
    Author..???

When you think of weight loss and losing weight, the first things that probably come to your mind are either those "lose weight fast !!" articles that are in every magazine and newspaper in the world that usually never work and are writen by some "personal training idiot" that has no idea what their talking about... or maybe your thinking of all of those weight loss pills that claim to be safe and allow you to "eat whatever you want and still lose weight because the pill will do all the of the work for you" or whatever stupid line they are using to get you to buy their useless unsafe weight loss product. Or, maybe your thinking of rice cakes and never eating and being hungry all day long.

Well, if you are thinking any of those things, forget it! Forget all of it!

What I am about to give you is totally FREE, detailed, easy to understand information on weight loss and losing weight and how to lose weight and fat without using any type of pill or supplement, without using some "fitness magazine" diet, and by eating not 1, not 2, not 3, but 5 meals a day! Sound impossible? Sound too good to be true? Sound like I'm going to make you buy my "book" or order my "product" first before I tell you? Well I'm not! I don't have a book and I don't a have product. I am not trying to sell you a damn thing! What I am trying to do, no... what I am GOING to do, is tell you exactly how you can lose weight. Enjoy...

Weight loss is simple, burn more calories then you consume. If you can fully understand that then you are on your way to losing weight. There are 6 simple steps. Here they are:

1) Count how many calories you eat in a normal day. Thats right, wake up, and eat like you would normally eat and count the calories in everything you eat and everything you drink and keep track of it on a piece of paper or on the computer some where. You might be thinking to yourself, "yeah right, I'm not gonna sit around counting calories all day." Well, if your thinking that, then your obviously not dedicated enough to losing weight. If this is the case, then feel free to go waste your money on the newest useless weight loss pill. But, if you are dedicated enough to take 10 minutes out of your day and count the calories, then keep on reading.

2) At the end of that day, add up the number of calories you ate/drank. Be as exact as possible. Once you add it all up, you now have the total number of calories you consume daily. Also, weigh yourself.

3) Starting the day after you counted calories, eat 500 calories LESS then you normally do. So, lets pretend that the day you counted calories you counted 2000. For the rest of the week, you would eat 1500 calories a day. Understand? All you have to do is subtract 500 from the total number of calories you consume in a normal day, and eat this new number of calories every day for the next 7 days.

4) Instead of eating 3 big meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner), or eating all day all the time, spread those calories out over 5 smaller meals. Eat one meal every 2 and a half to 3 hours. Doing this will speed up your metabolism.

5) Cardio. Cardio is a must for weight loss. If your serious about losing weight, but don't want to do the cardio workouts, then you are wasting your time. Jog, walk, swim, jump rope, ride a bike, take an aerobics class, whatever.. just do it! All it takes is 30 minutes a day, 3 - 5 days a week. I say 3-5 days a week because I don't know if you have 5 pounds to lose, or if you have 50 pounds to lose. So, depending on how much your looking to lose, figure it out. 3 times a week is the minimum though. (For information on the most effective time of the day to do your cardio workout, read doing cardio for maximum weight loss)

6) At the end of that week, weigh yourself. You'll notice a difference just after one week! Now, don't expect to see a 20 pound difference. Losing anymore then 1 or 2 pounds a week is unhealthly. So look for a 1 or 2 pound weight loss at the end of the week. Don't sound like much? You can lose 5-8 pounds a month! Thats around 75lbs a year! So if you have ALOT of weight to lose, you can lose it. If have just a few pounds to lose, you can lose it.

Important weight loss tips for losing weight effectively! (extremely important!)

- THE FAT MUST GO! Stay away from fat! Get rid of all the chips and candy. No more fast food, nothing fried. No more cookies, no more cake, no more of these saturated fats. There is no question about it and there is no way around it, get rid of these types of foods. Don't get me wrong, there is no way to eat 0 grams of fat every day. BUT, the only places you should be getting any of your daily fat intake from are lean meats (not the fried fast food kind), chicken (again, not fried!), etc. as well as the foods that contain the "healthy" types of fat, which can be found in just about every type of fish (tuna fish, salmon, etc.), nuts and flaxseed oil.

- LOWER THE CARBS! Most people think that it is fat that makes people fat and that just by eating less fat, they are on their way to weight loss! WRONG! They are only half right. Carbs are just as bad (if not worse) than fat when it comes to losing weight. Stay away from high carb foods. Carbs will eventually turn into fat. Foods like bread, rice, pasta, potatos, etc. are high in carbs. Sure, you need some carbs, which is why foods like these are ok to eat, but only eat a little of it! Stick to high protein low carb/low fat foods like tuna fish (and other seafood), chicken breast, turkey, fruits and vegetables etc. (For more information, read the Diet and Nutrition section.)

- WATER! Drink water! Get rid of the soda, get rid of the beer, and get rid of the sports drinks. Drink around a half gallon of a day, more if you can. Spread it out throughout the day, just like your 5 meals. Yes thats alot of water, but its that water that will give you energy and speed your weight loss.

- STRENGTH TRAINING! YES! Weightlifting isn't just great for muscles, its great for losing weight. Muscles burn calories.

- Weigh yourself at the end of every week. If you ever have more then 2 weeks go by without losing 1 pound, its time to change something. Eat 250 less calories then you've been eating. And keep everything else the same. Each time you see weight loss stop for more then 2 weeks, decrease calorie intake by 250 until you get down to where you want to be. Remember, NEVER starve yourself!

- Sleep! YES! Sleep! The easiest, yet most over looked step. Get atleast 8 hours of sleep a night. Trust me, your gonna need it! =]

- Food cravings! Can't stop giving in to your food cravings?
    Read this: food cravings

- Still don't understand weight loss yet? Read this: How to lose weight: My day in a weight loss chat room

There you have it. You now know everything you need to know about losing weight. You didn't have to buy any weight loss pills or books on losing weight, instead, you should use the money you just saved and go buy some good food or a gym membership.

Now, I never once said this would be easy. If it was easy, you would have done it already. Losing weight isn't something you can just do "on the side." You also can NOT lose weight fast. You are going to have to dedicate your mind and body and your time to doing it! So, you now have the information you need, all you have to do now is use it.

Looking to buy weight loss, diet, and nutrition related books? Looking to buy food counters (books that contain a complete listing of foods along with how much fat, carbs, protein, calories, etc. are in them)? If so, make sure you get them cheap at Amazon.com. Clicking here will take you to the Amazon.com, which is BY FAR the CHEAPEST place to buy books of any kind!

- Want to measure your body fat? Use body fat calipers

2. Mr Roboto

Mr Roboto Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    that 2 pds shit is for people who just need to lose like 10 pounds

good job payton :lol:

3. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> alot is prolly water

its not really healthy to lose weight at such a rapid rate

1-2 pounds of fat a week is good and healthy

plus if you lose weight so damn you wont give your body time to adjust and youll have all sorts of nasty sagging excess skin

:puke: [/b][/quote]
    Well, really I just kinda let myself go for a while. Right now, I'm about 12 pounds above what I was a year ago.

I got up to 322 :shaneUD12Oscar: but now I'm at 287. My ultimate goal is to get in the 245-255 area.

I'm just starting to get back to the gym. My bench press has REALLY dropped. At my peak, at the end of my bench workout I could get up 350 about two or three times.

The other day, at the end of my bench workout, the most I could get was 255 for one rep. I've become weak... :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    how tall are you?

as far as bench i can prolly do my weight or a tad less, i weight 174

weighed 198 earlier this year, just started to eat a bit less and better, drink alot of water and weight just came off

funny part was when i was 198 everyone thought i weighed about 160-170 [/b][/quote]
    I'm 6'3"

4. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> weight loss - free information on losing weight
    Author..???

When you think of weight loss and losing weight, the first things that probably come to your mind are either those "lose weight fast !!" articles that are in every magazine and newspaper in the world that usually never work and are writen by some "personal training idiot" that has no idea what their talking about... or maybe your thinking of all of those weight loss pills that claim to be safe and allow you to "eat whatever you want and still lose weight because the pill will do all the of the work for you" or whatever stupid line they are using to get you to buy their useless unsafe weight loss product. Or, maybe your thinking of rice cakes and never eating and being hungry all day long.

What I am about to give you is totally FREE, detailed, easy to understand information on weight loss and losing weight and how to lose weight and fat without using any type of pill or supplement, without using some "fitness magazine" diet, and by eating not 1, not 2, not 3, but 5 meals a day! Sound impossible? Sound too good to be true? Sound like I'm going to make you buy my "book" or order my "product" first before I tell you? Well I'm not! I don't have a book and I don't a have product. I am not trying to sell you a damn thing! What I am trying to do, no... what I am GOING to do, is tell you exactly how you can lose weight. Enjoy...

Weight loss is simple, burn more calories then you consume. If you can fully understand that then you are on your way to losing weight. There are 6 simple steps. Here they are:

1) Count how many calories you eat in a normal day. Thats right, wake up, and eat like you would normally eat and count the calories in everything you eat and everything you drink and keep track of it on a piece of paper or on the computer some where. You might be thinking to yourself, "yeah right, I'm not gonna sit around counting calories all day." Well, if your thinking that, then your obviously not dedicated enough to losing weight. If this is the case, then feel free to go waste your money on the newest useless weight loss pill. But, if you are dedicated enough to take 10 minutes out of your day and count the calories, then keep on reading.

2) At the end of that day, add up the number of calories you ate/drank. Be as exact as possible. Once you add it all up, you now have the total number of calories you consume daily. Also, weigh yourself.

3) Starting the day after you counted calories, eat 500 calories LESS then you normally do. So, lets pretend that the day you counted calories you counted 2000. For the rest of the week, you would eat 1500 calories a day. Understand? All you have to do is subtract 500 from the total number of calories you consume in a normal day, and eat this new number of calories every day for the next 7 days.

4) Instead of eating 3 big meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner), or eating all day all the time, spread those calories out over 5 smaller meals. Eat one meal every 2 and a half to 3 hours. Doing this will speed up your metabolism.

5) Cardio. Cardio is a must for weight loss. If your serious about losing weight, but don't want to do the cardio workouts, then you are wasting your time. Jog, walk, swim, jump rope, ride a bike, take an aerobics class, whatever.. just do it! All it takes is 30 minutes a day, 3 - 5 days a week. I say 3-5 days a week because I don't know if you have 5 pounds to lose, or if you have 50 pounds to lose. So, depending on how much your looking to lose, figure it out. 3 times a week is the minimum though. (For information on the most effective time of the day to do your cardio workout, read doing cardio for maximum weight loss)

6) At the end of that week, weigh yourself. You'll notice a difference just after one week! Now, don't expect to see a 20 pound difference. Losing anymore then 1 or 2 pounds a week is unhealthly. So look for a 1 or 2 pound weight loss at the end of the week. Don't sound like much? You can lose 5-8 pounds a month! Thats around 75lbs a year! So if you have ALOT of weight to lose, you can lose it. If have just a few pounds to lose, you can lose it.

Important weight loss tips for losing weight effectively! (extremely important!)

- THE FAT MUST GO! Stay away from fat! Get rid of all the chips and candy. No more fast food, nothing fried. No more cookies, no more cake, no more of these saturated fats. There is no question about it and there is no way around it, get rid of these types of foods. Don't get me wrong, there is no way to eat 0 grams of fat every day. BUT, the only places you should be getting any of your daily fat intake from are lean meats (not the fried fast food kind), chicken (again, not fried!), etc. as well as the foods that contain the "healthy" types of fat, which can be found in just about every type of fish (tuna fish, salmon, etc.), nuts and flaxseed oil.

- LOWER THE CARBS! Most people think that it is fat that makes people fat and that just by eating less fat, they are on their way to weight loss! WRONG! They are only half right. Carbs are just as bad (if not worse) than fat when it comes to losing weight. Stay away from high carb foods. Carbs will eventually turn into fat. Foods like bread, rice, pasta, potatos, etc. are high in carbs. Sure, you need some carbs, which is why foods like these are ok to eat, but only eat a little of it! Stick to high protein low carb/low fat foods like tuna fish (and other seafood), chicken breast, turkey, fruits and vegetables etc. (For more information, read the Diet and Nutrition section.)

- WATER! Drink water! Get rid of the soda, get rid of the beer, and get rid of the sports drinks. Drink around a half gallon of a day, more if you can. Spread it out throughout the day, just like your 5 meals. Yes thats alot of water, but its that water that will give you energy and speed your weight loss.

- STRENGTH TRAINING! YES! Weightlifting isn't just great for muscles, its great for losing weight. Muscles burn calories.

- Weigh yourself at the end of every week. If you ever have more then 2 weeks go by without losing 1 pound, its time to change something. Eat 250 less calories then you've been eating. And keep everything else the same. Each time you see weight loss stop for more then 2 weeks, decrease calorie intake by 250 until you get down to where you want to be. Remember, NEVER starve yourself!

- Sleep! YES! Sleep! The easiest, yet most over looked step. Get atleast 8 hours of sleep a night. Trust me, your gonna need it! =]

- Still don't understand weight loss yet? Read this: How to lose weight: My day in a weight loss chat room

There you have it. You now know everything you need to know about losing weight. You didn't have to buy any weight loss pills or books on losing weight, instead, you should use the money you just saved and go buy some good food or a gym membership.

Now, I never once said this would be easy. If it was easy, you would have done it already. Losing weight isn't something you can just do "on the side." You also can NOT lose weight fast. You are going to have to dedicate your mind and body and your time to doing it! So, you now have the information you need, all you have to do now is use it.

Looking to buy weight loss, diet, and nutrition related books? Looking to buy food counters (books that contain a complete listing of foods along with how much fat, carbs, protein, calories, etc. are in them)? If so, make sure you get them cheap at Amazon.com. Clicking here will take you to the Amazon.com, which is BY FAR the CHEAPEST place to buy books of any kind!

- Want to measure your body fat? Use body fat calipers [/b][/quote]
    I've been on a diet. In the last five weeks, I've lost 35 pounds. :Calvin Brock:

5. atomicdOGg34

atomicdOGg34 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

student
    Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> weight loss - free information on losing weight
    Author..???

- Want to measure your body fat? Use body fat calipers [/b][/quote]
    I've been on a diet. In the last five weeks, I've lost 35 pounds. :Calvin Brock: [/b][/quote]
    alot is prolly water

plus if you lose weight so damn you wont give your body time to adjust and youll have all sorts of nasty sagging excess skin

:puke:

6. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> alot is prolly water

Well, really I just kinda let myself go for a while. Right now, I'm about 12 pounds above what I was a year ago.

I got up to 322 :shaneUD12Oscar: but now I'm at 287. My ultimate goal is to get in the 245-255 area.

I'm just starting to get back to the gym. My bench press has REALLY dropped. At my peak, at the end of my bench workout I could get up 350 about two or three times.

The other day, at the end of my bench workout, the most I could get was 255 for one rep. I've become weak... :mellow:

7. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> alot is prolly water

The other day, at the end of my bench workout, the most I could get was 255 for one rep. I've become weak... :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    how tall are you?

weighed 198 earlier this year, just started to eat a bit less and better, drink alot of water and weight just came off

funny part was when i was 198 everyone thought i weighed about 160-170

8. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> alot is prolly water

how tall are you?

funny part was when i was 198 everyone thought i weighed about 160-170 [/b][/quote]
    I'm 6'3" [/b][/quote]
    lucky scumbag

im like 5' 8"

doctors predicted id be like 6' 2", so much for that :teh angry:

9. MassaCure

MassaCure Undisputed Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>that 2 pds shit is for people who just need to lose like 10 pounds

good job payton :lol:
    <div align="right">[post=14230]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]
    i agree, 2 pounds a week, for someone 400 pounds aint gonna do shit, gonna take them 4 years to get in shape

10. NeighborMike

NeighborMike Senior Member

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i agree, 2 pounds a week, for someone 400 pounds aint gonna do shit, gonna take them 4 years to get in shape
    <div align="right">[post=28000]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

better then never being in shape negative nancy

11. SlapperJoe

SlapperJoe Scrub

12. timmothysmith01

timmothysmith01 Leap-Amateur

The best plan for weight loss is with these 12 diet and exercise tips.

1. Do not skip breakfast: Skipping breakfast will not help you lose weight.

2. Eat regular meals: Eating at regular times during the day helps burn calories at a faster rate. It also reduces the temptation to snack on foods high in fat and sugar.

3. Eat plenty of fruit and veg: Fruit and veg are low in calories and fat, and high in fiber – 3 essential ingredients for successful weight loss.

4. Get more active: Being active is key to losing weight and keeping it off. As well as providing lots of health benefits, exercise can help burn off the excess calories you cannot lose through diet alone.

5. Drink plenty of water: People sometimes confuse thirst with hunger. You can end up consuming extra calories when a glass of water is really what you need.

6. Eat high-fiber foods: Foods containing lots of fiber can help keep you feeling full, which is perfect for losing weight.

7. Read food labels: Knowing how to read food labels can help you choose healthier options. Use the calorie information to work out how a particular food fits into your daily calorie allowance on the weight loss plan.

8. Use a smaller plate: Using smaller plates can help you eat smaller portions. It takes about 20 minutes for the stomach to tell the brain it's full, so eat slowly and stop eating before you feel full.

9. Do not ban foods: Do not ban any foods from your weight loss plan, especially the ones you like.

10. Do not stock junk food: To avoid temptation, do not stock junk food – such as chocolate, biscuits, crisps, and sweet fizzy drinks – at home. Instead, opt for healthy snacks, such as fruit, unsalted rice cakes, oat cakes, unsalted or unsweetened popcorn, and fruit juice.

11. Cut down on alcohol: A standard glass of wine can contain as many calories as a piece of chocolate. Over time, drinking too much can easily contribute to weight gain.

12. Plan your meals: Try to plan your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for the week, making sure you stick to your calorie allowance. You may find it helpful to make a weekly shopping list.