Hatton-Lazcano rating on Versus

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Mitchell Kane, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

According to John Chavez:

2. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

It sounds pretty shitty. FNF gets over a million viewers, right? And that's for nothing and it used to be for $50K.

The best comparison would be to see what HBO KO Nations got when they were being shown in the afternoons, or what the last few network telecasts got. Also, how did MSG do when they've taken foreign telecasts?

3. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I'm not sure what the difference is in the number of homes ESPN2 and Versus reach, I figure there's got to be a decent gap.

The MSG numbers might be tough to gauge, since that was picked up by Fox Sports at different times in their sectionalized coverage areas.

I don't know if they ever released the numbers for the Adamek fight on ESPNClassic...or even the replay numbers for Ibragimov-Holyfield and Mayorga-Vargas.

I would say one comparison would be the WEC card tommorrow, but that's not really an equal comparison considering the WEC is regularly on Versus, whereas this was the first Saturday boxing show they've had...and really the first card of note. Also, I don't remember much promotion of it. During the NHL playoffs and the Hatton fight they were consistently running ads for the WEC event.

Heck, even when I go On Demand and view some of the boxing clips they have, I have to sit through a WEC ad.