AB aka band camp aka about billions!

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by bigdawg, Dec 15, 2013.

1. bigdawg

bigdawg Undisputed Champion

P.O.
    This dude is the problem with todays younger generation of athletes. He talks the talk but dont have the nuts to walk the walk. He wants to be like Money Mayweather soo bad. Well guess what idiot Money aint gaining excessive weight in between fights. Money aint gettin drunk and high while goin on rap tours. Say what yall want about Money but the dude is serious about his craft and his career. This dude aint serious. We can complain about all the people Money has in his camp all the yes men but just think when Money was 23 he was a gym rat. And im willing to bet he didnt have all the yes men that bone head broner has. Bone head didnt lose this fight last night. He lost this shit months ago. Hes at the club gettin faded goin on tour. Hey idiot guess you aint got the Money Mayweather God given talk. Instead you out their partying he shoulda had his dumb ass in the gym perfecting his craft. Now Im not sayin he wont be back but you know what boxing is a sport where you have to 100% committed and i dont think he is. Dude wants all the glory and dont want to put in the work. What does Money say HARDWORK = EASYWORK! Oh and then for him not to give the post fight interview. Thats that new generation punk bitch shit. Hell even my fuckin idiol Roy Jones Jr gave interviews after his ko loses. Like I tell my kids that I coach you win like a champion you lose like a champion. I'll Holla 5000

2. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

You better teach your son not to behave like new generation punk bitch shit when the going gets tough! :nono:

3. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Have you warned your kids about the dangers of blowing up between paragraphs?

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

I Feel You, Dog...

Broner Needs To Give Floyd his SCHTICK Back, Ditch "Band Camp", the Rap Career & All the Other Nonsense...The Most Important Phase of Adrien Broner's Boxing Career has Officially BEGUN....

REED:hammert:

5. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Broner is a cunt and nothing will change that.

6. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

The most alarming thing to me about Saturday is this; sometimes you can tell that a guy has a lot of talent, and is unprepared, and not putting it together. But what I gathered from Sat is that Broner simply isn't as talented as we thought. If he was the talent he was hyped to be, he likely would have found some way to eek out Maidana, who lets be honest, is simply not a high quality fighter. That fact that Maidana pushed Broner's shit in and won by a WIDE margin is alarming to me about Broner's future. The guy simply did not look NEARLY as talented as his hype, and himself suggests.

As cocky as a young Zab was, Judah at least had LEGIT handspeed and power. Broner doesn't have either. He's a less talented version of Judah.

7. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

AB = Average Boxer

8. Slice N Dice

I never understood the hype, there was nothing which stood out for me.

9. Xplosive

Well for ONE, he has no business whatsoever at 147. He needs to drop to 140 asap. At 140, I think he'd make for a good scrap with Peterson, but based on Sat I think he needs to stay FAR the Hell away from the Big 3 at 140, which are Garcia, Matthysse, and Provo.

10. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Same here... The guy has talent, but he's never looked exceptionally gifted to me

On top of that, he has never appeared to fully grasp the style he is imitating... Floyd Mayweaher makes that strategy work, not just because he has talent, but because he has the technique, he understands every aspect of it, how to execute it, he is well-schooled... Broner does not and has never struck me as well-schooled...

When an opponent attempts a bum rush on Mayweather the way Maidana did in the first round, Mayweather still blocks pretty much everything and is able to counter with short shots to back the guy off and reclaim the range he wants... Broner's only response was backing up and then trying to hold, he didn't have any idea of how to avoid getting hit and reclaim the range...

It's not just speed... Floyd Mayweather has nowhere need the speed of hand or foot he did 10 years ago... It is skill, it is knowledge... Broner has superficially adopted Mayweather's style without having any of the brains to pull it off

11. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Can't see him beating any of the likes of Garcia, Matthyssee, Bradley, Provodnikov, and possibly even Rios.

The lack of ring IQ is what's alarming to me. Even Khan was able to evade a lot of Maidana's wide hooks in the early going of their fight before Maidana started to fight him inside more. Broner kept getting hit with the same fucking punch over and over again. I kept wondering "does this dude not see this?" A young Zab beats the hell outta Maidana IMO.

Not looking like a bright future for Broner. He was supposed to be THE GUY who was gonna headline a big ppv vs Danny Garcia.

12. Xplosive

I never ever thought he was EXCEPTIONALLY gifted. Nowhere close. I consider EXCEPTIONALLY talented to be Floyd, Whitaker, Roy, and Leonard. THAT'S exceptional talent. Never saw anything like that in Broner. I just thought he was more talented than he really is.

13. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    I figured he'd handle a glorified clubfighter like Maidana

14. Xplosive

Exactly. And I figured he was probably good enough to beat Garcia. But Danny would hand him his ass.

15. Slice N Dice

I've always thought Danny's displayed a much higher ring IQ than Broner, against far superior opposition to boot.

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

What was MOST Glaring to REED was Broner's FAUX Shoulder Roll...

Floyd Mayweather Sees EVERY Shot Coming his Way & has a Combination of ANTICIPATION & Great REFLEXES...The Shoulder Roll COMPLIMENTS Floyd's Natural Defensive Prowess...Maidana Literally WOULDN'T Lay a Glove on Floyd's Face Even 1nce, if they Ever Fought...

Broner's Shoulder Roll is SUPERFICIAL...He Does it Simply Because Floyd Does It...Broner Doesn't Even Know WHY Floyd Does It & Doesn't Realize he LACKS Floyd's Defensive Wherewithal to Pull it Off...Broner Kept Shoulder Rolling & Shoulder Rolling & Maidana Kept DRILLING Him & DRILLING Him...w/EASE...

It Reminded REED of Andre Berto's FAUX Shoulder Roll, when Robert Guerrero was Whipping his Ass...

REED:hammert:

17. Xplosive

Yup, and that's what else was alarming. He ain't too bright in there.

Not saying I'm writing him off as a bum, but a future top 5 P4Pder looks pretty doubtful for him. He'll never be the caliber of Ward, or Rigo, let alone Floyd.

18. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Exactly

19. Xplosive

Floyd, and Toney are the only two of recent years to master the shoulder roll. Everyone else is just a pretender.

20. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

And Micky Ward.

21. Xplosive

Ahhhh, when I think of master technicians, how in the world could I forgot Mickey Ward?

22. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    X, who would win between Ward and Maidana? Maidana is vulnerable to bodyshots.

23. Xplosive

Maidana would've beaten the Hell outta that bum.

24. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Well yeah, that's very true, but to be honest with you X, me, Slicey et al have been telling you for ages Broner's talent is nothing special. Nothing at all. He has accurate punches and a servicable level of fighting proficiency.

As you said, if he had anything approaching elite level talent and skill, he would have found a way to beat a guy like Maidana that is often referred to on fightbeat as a "Glorified clubfighter".

25. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    He would hit the canvas at least once along the way... Body shots... Maidana is shit... Better than Ward, but shit nonetheless

26. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Hahaha, that's exactly right. He doesn't know why or how he's doing it, he's simply copying something at face value for the sake of it. It's actually quite pathetic and contemptible.

BTW your line about Floyd seeing every shot coming, with the combination of anticipation and reflexes is possibly the most impressive thing about him. It's always amazed me. For any of you who have boxed before, even a little bit, you know how hard it is to see the shots coming and the level of focus and concentration it requires. It's almost like Floyd is seeing the punches in slow motion, I guess it's his crazy sense of anticipation that helps create that illusion.

27. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Yup, and even when he very occasionally gets caught out and ships one, 9/10 he still sees THAT coming in time to roll it enough to take the sting off it. Watching him react to and avoid shots in slow motion is heavy mental.

28. Slice N Dice

Yup. The replays of the pull shots he was doing against Shane were great to watch.

29. Xplosive

I'd like to see Maidana vs Matthyse at this point. Despite the Garcia loss, Matthysse would likely stop Maidana. Be nice to see Lucas finally win a belt (should have against Peterson).

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED & Bigdawg were Speaking Last Night & APPLAUDED Andre Ward for OVERCOMING his Desire to Fight Like Roy Jones, to the BETTERMENT of his Career...Ward was Getting HURT & DROPPED by CERTIFIED Club Fighters, Digging Into Roy's Bag of Tricks...But just Before the Super 6 & Thereafter, Ward Became HIS OWN Man, Stylistically, his Boxing Acumen SKYROCKETED & he Became a Consensus Top 3 Fighter in the World, Lb for Lb...Broner's @ a SIMILAR Crossroads as we Type....