Couple of thoughts by a wald pussy lover

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Ugotabe Kidding, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    After the Joshua fight, do you think...

1) When Wlad's former opponents seemed clueless against him, could it be that prime Wlad was a difficult guy to attack, as now in his forties he blocked most of Joshua shots. Maybe those guys were not just unmotivated?

2) Can it be that Wlad didn't clinch only because he was a pussy but because it was an effective tactic, as he didn't do it here against a stronger man? I don't claim all his fights had been watchable of course.

3) Did this fight change any thoughts about him always guitting?

4) Can we say that this more-measured Wlad was better than the aggressive version of 97-04?

5) Can it be that Fury isn't quite the clown he seems like?

Not trying to be a prick here, nor do I try to twist the fact that wald pussy was blasted out. Just interested to hear if this bout changed any perspectives about the 'weak champ of a crap era'

2. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Wlad deserves a bit of credit for fighting back and showing sone heart, but this lose is still mostly due to his lack of balls. Dude was in perfect control of the fight, yet was happy to peck away instead of going for the ko, and he paid dearly for it.

This was his chance at real greatness, and he squandered it miserably

And concerning number 4, the dichotomy between aggressive and cautious wlad is a false one. Dude was always cautious as fuck against dangerous opponents, except in some very rare circumstances

3. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    How on earth was this a chance for greatness since you don't rate his earlier career at all? Had he won, he would have just beaten an untested up-and-comer, which is what he has done for a decade. You can't give him more credit for struggling

4. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    I would agree with all 5 points and would have done before the fight. None of it clears the stink from the room unfortunately

5. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

Wald did fuck up by not trying to get rid of him there and then, but maybe he was gassed himself

6. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Fury is definitely a lot better than given credit for.

7. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

Wlad was on his way to being dominated and KO'd when his opponent who had less than 20 fights and had rarely made it to the middle rounds suddenly gassed out.

I'm not sure why Wlad fighting back against a dead on his feet opponent and still getting knocked out puts his career in some new perspective.

How good Fury is doesn't really matter because he dominated Wlad.

8. Jesus of montreal

This post is full of nonsenese.

Where the hell did I say that I don't rate his early career at all? Secondly, I've said prior to the fight that I would give huge credit to Wlad if he beats AJ, even if AJ turns out to be a fraud afterward.

But again, like a star strucked girl, you are so emotionnally invested in that giant coward that you're unable to discuss him rationally.

9. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Fury is still a bum. Wlad was CLEARLY 10x more motivated for AJ than he was for Fury. He didn't take Fury seriously in the least bit.... he took AJ extremely serious.

AJ would fuck Fury up badly.

He'll KO Wilder as well, but the wild swinging bama has a puncher's chance.

10. Jesus of montreal

Lol, fury is clearly a better fighter than AJ

11. Xplosive

You'll be sadly disappointed should the fight get made.

AJ will walk through that headcase.

Not saying Joshua is some great, he isn't. But Fury sucks.

12. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

The Sly One is compelled to weigh in on this (interesting new forum layout btw)

Wlad looked better than I had seen him since his pre-Sanders days. He came to win and prepared better than he had done for a decade it seems. I even felt that the stoppage was a little premature...but not bad enough to cause complaint.

To Business first:

Joshua will beat Fury and Wilder

Now that we've got that out of the way...

This fight was impressive for Wlad but it doesn't remove "the stink" as Hut says. Nevertheless I have always maintained that Wlad is grossly underrated on this forum and have always been a fan. He was a smart fighter with lots of tools...and he used all of them to remain unbeaten for over a decade.

I thin koshua passed the test, although, obviously, his chin and stamina are a little shaky. He showed heart though which is the important thing

13. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    I always thought I was emotionally invested in Wlad but I have to admit you take it to new levels

14. Jesus of montreal

Im not the one that is so emotionally distressed that he need to resort to making things up

15. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Fury is NOT a better fighter than AJ.

He'd get badly fucked up in a fight against him.

But I would take Fury to beat Wilder.

16. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Fact is we saw Joshua beat a very strong Wlad. Joshua certainly passed the test.

17. Xplosive

I really have zero interest in seeing Tyson Fury fight ever again. He's horrible to watch.

Joshua-Wilder is the division's premier matchup now.

Wilder can't box for shit, but he can punch. AJ has tremendous heart, we know that now, but his chin isn't the best. If Wilder catches him clean with his right hand, AJ could get stretched.

But AJ has much better tools than Wilder, and figures to land first. And when he does, Wilder won't handle much of it... as Wilder has a mediocre chin as well.

18. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Wlad could have won. After he took that big uppercut, he could have held. Instead he tried to box. He could have easily held,Joshua was that tired. But he was trying to prove everybody wrong and do the things people want, and it cost him.

If anybody had said "Wlad ahead after 10", there is not many would have believed them.

19. Xplosive

Yeah, Wlad could have won.... if he was younger.

He was too disoriented after the uppercut to hold and AJ followed up too quickly.

Look, I hate Wlad, but even I'll admit... in his early 20s he'd have smoked Joshua pretty quickly. AJ is pretty robotic.

Let's be VERY HONEST guys... Joshua, Wilder, and Fury all basically suck. AJ just sucks the least of out of the three.

The Tyson, Lewis, Holy, Bowe era this is NOOTTTTTTT!

20. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

To be honest, I'm bored of comparing eras, things are never going to be completely parallel and you end up missing out on just enjoying the fights. I'd rather do the comparisons when careers are over anyway, at least then you have a full body of work to go off.

Last Saturday was one of the best things that could have happened for boxing, everybody was talking about it.

21. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I agree Slice but X vs Y is always part of boxing.........."Randy Turpin would have bursted Nigel Benn" etc etc.........it's how it is. It exist in most sports that aren't chrono-metrically determined, i.e. teams sports "Barcelona would smash Puskas Hungary" etc etc.

And I think there is every chance that Bowe would have gotten the shit kicked out of him by a lot of HW's, before and after his era.

22. Jesus of montreal

A bit like bute, wlad got a bit more heart as he got older, and at the very least, didnt fold like a cheap tent at the slightest contact. Considering this, it is far from sure a young wlad would have won.

And fury would always best wlad. Too big too slowly too manly

23. Xplosive

Who kicks the shit outta Bowe today?

24. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Pre-Joshua Vlad. AJ. Fury.

Unless you think those guys bring less to the table than Golota and Hide.

25. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Hide kicked the shit outta bowe?

Oh, I see. I thought he got bounced off the canvas like a yoyo

26. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Bowe was out on his feet vs Hide. A bigger man would have ended it.

Bowe was exposed by Golota who was basically an early prototype for what would come out of Europe in years to follow.

27. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I think prime Bowe beats Fury. Mostly because he wouldn't be hesitant of letting his hands go, especially in close. If Fury was quicker handed and a harder hitter, he'd have the edge but I'm not convinced he has enough dynamite to keep Bowe off him.

Wlad on the other hand, if he fights smart has a good chance of winning a decision but if he fights too aggressively then that plays into Bowe's hands. That fight would largely depend on Wlad's approach, I think.

AJ vs prime Bowe right now??... Styles make fights. I'd lean towards Bowe right now because AJ would fight Bowe in the trenches and I don't think at the moment AJ has the right mix of knowing when to fight inside vs when to outfight. In a couple years, I think AJ, depending on how much better he gets will probably have the edge.

28. Jesus of montreal

Bowe would ko Wlad.
    Wlad would win the early rounds, but eventually, Bowe pressure and heart would get to him,

29. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Vlad has heart, he's proved it on numerous occasions. Two of Bowes "Big Heart" occasions were more "Small Brain" occasions from Golota.

30. Jesus of montreal

Lol at wlad having heart. Just because he showed a bit of it at 41, doesnt erase the rest of his cowardly career. Guy quitted mentally and folded every time the going got rough