Crawford-Indongo

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Jimmy, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

Surprised there isn't a thread already up for this. Glad this unification fight has been made. Surely Crawford's last fight before moving up to '47.

2. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Didn't saw a lot of Indongo, and from the little I've seen, I don't think he has a chance

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Never Seen Indongo Fight...

Strange that he's 34 w/Only 22 Bouts...Doesn't Have Much Power Either, Based on his Record...

REED:cool:

4. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

well, he ktfo the russian dude in a few seconds to win the title, so his power seems legit. But he's slow and ankward

5. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Troyanovski fought again last weekend. He beat an Italian Euro champ but took plenty of clean shots in progress. Thus KOing him doesn't say much about Indongo, but whupping Burns is a legit merit

6. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

I've only seen the Troyanovsky and Burns fights, the former was a quality knockout and the latter was pretty much a whitewash. Both very impressive performances. From what I've seen he's very good, I don't expect him to beat a guy like Crawford but it's a quality match up all the same.

7. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I watched Indongo vs Burns on Youtube. Solid fighter, but he ain't fuckin with Crawford.

8. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

80/20 Fight, or Worse???...

9. Xplosive

80/20 is too harsh. Crawford isn't exactly prime Roy/Floyd difficult to beat.

But it'd definitely be a big upset. I think you need firepower to beat Crawford, and Indongo doesn't seem to have enough of it.

Skill wise, Crawford's a lot better, so I can't see Indongo outboxing him.

There's really nobody capable of beating TC at 140 right now. UNLESS... Mikey destroys Broner in style, then that becomes a compelling matchup.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  10. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

Indongo's awkward rangy counters could give Crawford trouble early.

11. Xplosive

Yeah, that will most likely happen. Crawford always has problems early.

But once he gets into his groove in the mid rounds, he'll pull away.

Whether or not if goes the distance depends on Ingongo's chin, which we don't know about.

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED's Done a Bit of Research on Indongo and Thinks This Could Be an INTERESTING Fight, Fellas...

No, REED Ain't Picking an Upset, but he Expects Indongo to Trouble Crawford Early (as a Couple of Ya'll Have Already Stated) and BEYOND...And if this Dude Can TAKE a Punch, This Could End Up Being THE Toughest Bout Crawford's Had Thus Faaaaaaaaaaaaar....

Indongo's a BIG Ass Jr. Welter...TALLER than Crawford, Clearly...Remains to Be Seen Who the THICKER Man Is...

Indongo's Also a Souf' Paw and Has an "Annoying" Jab...Even when he's Not Throwing it, he's MOVING It, PAWING w/It, Drawing Attention to it, Basically...If a Guy WAITS, As Burns Did, Indongo Lulls You to Sleep w/the Souf' Paw Jab, then Unloads Looping Overhand Lefts...

Crawford's 1 of those Guys that LIKES to Beat an Opponent @ his Own Game, but Trying to Win from the Perimeter Might BACKFIRE, Stylistically...Instead of Looking to Jab/Counter w/Indongo, Crawford Needs to Fight him @ CLOSE Range...

Intangibly Speaking, This Bout is Right Up Indongo's Alley...He Stretched Troyanovsky in Russia and Whipped Ricky Burns in Glasgow...The Idea of Going to Nebraska to Fight Crawford Will Be NATHAN to Indongo...The "Occasion" Won't Be Toooooo Big Either...

Crawford SHOULD and Probably WILL Win, but if Indongo Has Respectable Punch Resistance, This Shit Will Be Intriguing...

13. Xplosive

I really really hope you're right. Crawford hasn't been in a competitive fight since the Gamboa fight, which is partly to his credit being so good. I hope Indongo can serve as a true test, especially considering it's on ESPN.

14. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    that was a brutal one punch KO.

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Unless Crawford REINVENTS the Wheel by Starting Fast, it Should Be a Competitive Fight...

Crawford Being a SLOW Starter Plays Into Indongo's Hands, it Seems...Indongo's a Guy that WANTS to Counter, but Being Matched Up w/Non-Descript Foes in Africa, he's LEARNED to Lead, Which he'll Gladly Do, Until Crawford Finds his Rhythm...

From There, Indongo Will Look to Counter, Which he's More Comfortable Doing...

This is Crawford's Chance for a LEGIT, Yet UNDERRATED Win on his Resume, ala, Floyd vs. Phillip N'Dou, Who WAS a Pretty Good Fighter, that Got Taken Apart by a SUPERIOR Fighter in Floyd...

16. Xplosive

You actually prompted me to watch more fights of Indongo on Youtube, and I think you're 100% right. This guy is a live dog. I'm very much looking forward to next week now.

He's DEFINITELY the most dangerous puncher TC has faced, so it'll be interesting to see how Crawford reacts when nailed by Indongo's left hand.

17. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    if Indongo defeats crawford does that put him ahead of harry simon as the greatest boxer from Namibia?

18. Xplosive

Hell yeah.

Simon's best win was over a Winky Wright who hadn't quite hit his peak yet. Winky wasn't on ANY p4p list in 98.

Crawford's at the apex of his career, and is a consensus top 5 p4p guy. Indongo beating him would biggest win for any African fighter in quite some time.

19. Xplosive

I'm excited for this fight, and if some of the so-called "fans" on this board would get their heads out the ass of Mayweather-McGregor, they'd be excited for it also.

20. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I am too. I watched Indongo destroy Burns. Yes. It is only Burns. So it does not count for too much. But it was a very calm and collected performance. Regardless of Burns' standing, shows Indongo is not a complete bum.

21. Slice N Dice

He surpasses Simon if he wins, I agree, but Simon was one hell of a fighter and I disagree that Winky hadn't hit his peak yet. Maybe it's different from a British perspective but we'd seen Winky come over to these shores and put absolute clinics on Bingham, Foster and Adrian Dodson (who was actually a very good fighter, albeit a headcase). We knew how good he was and weren't surprised in the slightest when he gave Vargas hell. For Simon to beat him with such little experience was a great achievement.

22. Xplosive

Ok, I can admit when I'm wrong. I'll agree with this.

Wright-Simon was an excellent fight, btw. An action fight fought at a high skill level.

Slice N Dice likes this.
  23. Slice N Dice

It really was, very underrated fight.

It's a bit of a shame Tito came up to 154 when he did, obviously I don't blame him as he'd outgrown 147 and I don't blame Reid or Vargas for taking the big fight but it would have been cool to see those guys develop and have big fights down the road against each other, with Simon and Winky in the mix. Could have been some classics.

24. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Simon/Vargas would have been an interesting fight. Seems like Simon's volume was the key to beating Wright.

25. Slice N Dice

Yeah Simon's workrate was nuts. I saw him beat seven shades of shit out of Kevin Lueshing in Crystal Palace, we were rooting for Kev but there was no way he could keep up with that pace, felt sorry for the dude about halfway through the first round because there was only one way the fight was going. I remember coming out of the arena and thinking "Vargas-Simon HAS to happen".

26. Xplosive

Vargas-Simon would have been an excellent scrap. I'd take Nando in a close war.

I'll say this... Simon would have beaten a certain Mexican Irishman.

Slice N Dice likes this.
  27. Slice N Dice

Agreed, Simon beats Canelo no question.

28. Slice N Dice

I always forget about Harry Simon, even though he was the first world champion I actually went to see live, that guy was class, big waste of talent.

29. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Yeah but Crawfish will counter him all day,.. Dongy's an overextending, Dhalsim type, who wont have the length or girth advantage over someone who's also in the industry,..maybe I expect too much but I'm not impressed by either one of your boys. Now as for what Shawn Porter might do to them? it's an excellent question.

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Indeed it Does...

"Greatest" Isn't About who was BETTER, Necessarily, it's about Who ACCOMPLISHED More...Considering Indongo's ALREADY Unified, Becoming Fully Undisputed AND Beating a High Ranking Lb for Lb'der Surpasses ANYTHING Harry Simon's Done...