Edwin Valero vs Lomachenko

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I know we all hate Valero for murdering his wife...but don't let that bias us against him in this matchup. Fact is he was 27-0, 27 KOs , with titles in two weight classes and 8 championship fights. and was a southpaw that hit like a motherfucker with either hand.

2. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Lomachenko schools him. Never rated Valero.

3. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I never let any fighter's outside of the ring occurrences cloud my judgement of them as fighters.

Monzon was a murdering psychopath just like Valero (only Monzon had a lot less remorse), but still one of the greatest middleweights ever.

Valero was a legit talent, and would be the most dangerous opponent Loma has faced to date. However, the opposite is also true. The best guy Valero ever beat was Tony DeMarco, and obviously, Loma is leagues better than DeMarco.

Valero was dangerous and talented, but at this point, I'd have to make Loma a solid favorite. He has generational type talent.... Valero did not. Loma by UD, or possibly even late TKO.

And for the record, not part of this discussion, but I'd pick Mikey Garcia to KO Valero. In fact, Mikey is a HORRIBLE matchup for Valero.... far moreso than Loma.

4. Destruction and Mayhem

BOOOOOOOOLSHEEEEEET!!!

As you were....

5. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Are you referring to your hero? Cause I've always acknowledged Floyd as being an ATG fighter, despite being a piece of shit human.

6. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

I can't really blame people for not rating Valero very highly but clearly there was "something" to him. Even though his opposition was sub par, the early knockout streak can't be dismissed entirely. It's not as if every one of his opponents were unknown scrubs fed to him like George Foreman's son's were.

With that said his #1 attribute was clearly his power. What does he do when faced with someone who he can't hit cleanly?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  7. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

His power was definitely legit, can't argue with that.

8. Destruction and Mayhem

Floyd is far from being "my hero". He's younger than me for one thing. But anyway....yes you're notorious for denigrating fighters that you personally hate. I'm not the only one that's noticed it. And it's not just Floyd.

9. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I'm assuming this is at 130, and based on what I saw in the Mosquera fight, that guy gets out-boxed and stopped late against Lomachenko

Xplosive likes this.
  10. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I don't think Valero was that special. Broner also looked exceptionnal beating bum ass de marco. Loma easy