Garcia and Loma trading words

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Jeffy, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko (7-1, 5 KOs) was more than ready to fire when he was informed of the recent comments that were made by WBC lightweight champion Mikey Garcia (36-0, 30 KOs). Last week, Garcia spoke with Brian Campbell of CBS Sports and explained why he wasn't impressed with Lomachenko's accomplishments and felt the two-time Olympic gold medal winner was getting way too much hype. Garcia explained that he beat Orlando Salido, who gave Lomachenko his only career defeat. And he discussed how he knocked out Roman Martinez in 2014, and Lomachenko was getting a lot of praise for knocking out Martinez two years later.
    He got beat by an experienced, rugged fighter [Orlando Salido] and after that, he has improved a lot,” Garcia said. “He has a lot of credibility. But even at that, he’s only doing stuff that I already did three, four years ago. “He couldn’t beat Salido, who I completely dominated. He wins his second world title, a title I had vacated that ends up going back to Rocky Martinez, the guy who I had previously knocked out. Then Vasyl Lomachenko knocks him out and all of a sudden he’s this greatest star because of victories that I already accomplished? Well, I don’t give him credit for that.” Both Lomachenko and Garcia are recognized as being two of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport. Lomachenko also spoke with Brian Campbell and not only explained why he wasn't impressed with Garcia's wins, but he also challenged Garcia to stay put at 135-pounds so they can get in the ring and settle their war of words the old fashioned way.

“Let’s talk about that. I read that interview when he was talking about that he destroyed Salido,” Lomachenko told Campbell. “I especially looked at that bout and he got lucky because he broke his nose. After the fourth or fifth round, Salido had already gotten to him and was ready to destroy.”

If we want to talk about Rocky Martinez, let me ask you: Who was on the floor from Rocky Martinez? Yes, [Garcia] got a lucky punch and knocked him out in the eighth round, which I did in the fifth round. So we can talk about that as much as we can but if he wants to get my attention and he’s going to be staying at the 135, I’m going to come up at 135 too. “If, right now, people are talking more about me, with me being the foreigner in this country, and not talking about him, that’s not a problem. We can meet in a few fights to find out who is better.”

Love to see this one happen. One of the best fights that could happen in boxing.

2. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Garcia has a point.

3. Jeffy

So does Loma.

4. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    lomachenko is excellent but i think garcia gives him problems with his height, size and power. great great match up at 135 and pretty much a pickum. these two know each other quite well as they trained out of the same gym

5. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

"Lucky punch" ,..

6. Jeffy

I think it's one of the best fights in boxing.

7. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

That goes without saying

8. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Let's hope it happens, would love to see it.

9. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Seems highly unlikely it will ever happen

10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Contingent Upon Bob Arum...

He's ALREADY Fucked Off Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux, a VERY Favorable Bout for Loma, in Hindsight...No Talks of Pacquiao vs. Crawford Either...

Garcia Just Sat On the Shelf for 2 Years, RATHER than Finish Out his Contract w/Top Rank...Doubtful Arum's ANXIOUS to Match his Best Guy Against the Guy that LEFT his Stable, Anytime Soon...

agREED it's Highly Unlikely to Happen...

REED:hammert:

11. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Underarming a hobble-tied rabbit.

12. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    Maybe Arum dies soon...

13. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Yeah. That'll fix the problem.

14. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    sounds like Lomachenko vs Salido july 15th in carson, california. joe smith jr vs sullivan barrrera on the undercard

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Glad Lomachenko Wants to Erase that Defeat...He'll Do a Number on Salido in the RE...

Lomachenko KO6...

REED:cool:

16. Jeffy

Great news. Glad to see Loma wanting to erase that bullshit blemish. He will handle things much differently this time.

Source?

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  17. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I'd pick Garcia