I’m torn on Wilder vs Ortiz

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

totally on the fence with this one.

Wilder is bigger, younger, faster and more powerful....but Ortiz is the better overall fighter and more skillful and I suspect that he has a better chin. I could see a KO for either guy. At the moment I lean toward Wilder early, Ortiz late.

Can’t wait for this fight by the way.

Thoughts ?

2. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Wilder is overrated as fuck. He's this generation's Michael Grant. Ortiz will counter those wild amateurish sloppy punches and put that bum to sleep.

3. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I think old man Ortiz will counter him silly.

4. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Ortiz KO's him and fails the piss test

5. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

I think Ortiz wins as well...

SAYING THAT...I'll emphasise the point I have made many times before. If I was a heavyweight boxer, I would legit be terrified of facing Wilder, the guy is an awful boxer but he's pretty fast and that power is CHILLING. One lapse of concentration and you could be looking up at those lights, dribbling all over yourself like a massive spastic.

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Seems Pretty Obvious Ortiz NEEDS PED's @ This Stage of his Career...

If he Pisses Dirty Yet Again, his Career is Pretty Much a WRAP...This Tells REED Ortiz Will Come in Clean, Much to his Dismay...He's Basically Cashing Out in REED's Opinion....

The 1st Round or 2 Will Be Interesting, but Wilder Does him in Eventually...5 or Less...

Fans Persist in Critiquing Wilder's TECHNIQUE, but Even Mark Breland has Basically Given up on Fine Tuning It Because being Wild WORKS for Deontay...He's a Loooooooooong, Athletic, ANGRY Fighter w/Thor's Hammer in Both Fists...

And the Unorthodox Footwork he Displayed in the RE w/Stiverne Should Be Equally Effective Against an Old, Slow, Plodding Guy Like Ortiz...

Loooooooooooooong Story Short, Ortiz's Window of Opportunity (as it Applies to Deontay Wilder) has CLOSED...

REED:cool:

Ugotabe Kidding and Slice N Dice like this.
  7. Slice N Dice

Agreed with what you're saying about Wilder, even though I think Ortiz has the skill and more importantly, calmness to get the win. Wilder is a dangerous dude, that power is ridiculous and he's so unorthodox and athletic it's very hard to predict what he's going to do in there.

8. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I don't think Wilder punches hard at all.

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

He's 39-0, 38 KO's and has LITERALLY KO'ed Every Single Man that's Shared a Ring w/Him...

But Yeah, Okay...

10. Slice N Dice

Wilder clearly punches hard.

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Even Wilder Himself DOESN'T Know What he's Going to Do In There...

He Has Hurtful INTENT, but Beyond the 1-2, the EXECUTION is All Freelance...

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Undoubtedly...

To Have Amassed the GAUDY KO % he Has, w/Such PISS POOR Technique, Illustrates just How HARD the Motherfucker Punches...

Imagine if his Shots WERE Precise, Textbook and Properly Leveraged?...

REED:eek:

13. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Bums. How many rounds did it take to take out Molina? Even Szpilka took a lot of flush shots before walking into one he didn't see. (Szpilka also said Mollo hit harder) His punches don't have any snap to it. Just awkward haymakers that a lot of the time are rabbit punches anyway. Wilder just beat a lot of bums who didn't wanna be there in the first place. I'd rate his power at most 7/10. Lennox being 10/10

14. Destruction and Mayhem

I tend to see Ortiz winning...when I do the styles analysis but wilder is so wild and crazy with legit power in both hands (I like REED’s Thor’s hammer reference to that regard) that anything can happen. But assuming Ortiz’ chin is at a good standard, he should win.

I want Wilder to win though as much as I love Ortiz. Wilder is GREAT for boxing. Boxing needs a wild animal KO artist like him. He’s a Nigel Benn with more personality. And we NEED to get that Joshua vs Wilder fight for all the marbles.

15. Destruction and Mayhem

Wilder IS overrated by some casual fans but he is far more formidable than Michael grant ever was. Grant was a complete and utter bum with no punch resistance whatsoever. Wilder has an amateurish style but he’s effective.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  16. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Once he steps up he will step down and stay down. Just like M.G

17. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

You are grossly overrating Wilder’s power. Most heavyweights would have just as much power if they threw haymakers from the floor like he does. Most top heavyweights, however, are more technical and disciplined so they don’t load up so much on bombs to avoid being countered.

Wilder just hasn’t fought enough high caliber opponents to counter the shit out if him. I think Ortiz may he that guy.

18. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    People talk about Wilder being overrated but Ortiz has gained quite a reputation considering how little he has done, too. He shone against Jennings, has had a couple of lackluster performances against semi-credible opponents and taken down a list of utter cans, getting busted for roids meanwhile.

His techniques are more traditional but the results are clearly on Wilder's side, not that his resume was anything special either.

Also, no matter how clumsy ge looks, Wilder doesn't get hit too much, when you look at his fights. And what he hits, he seems to hurt. In boxing, that is usually a pretty good start

19. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Heart would love to see Ortiz hospitalize that loud mouth... head says that Beyonce will catch Ortiz with something big and stop him.

20. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I just rewatched some of Wilder's kos. LOL he looks like he's straight out of a tough man contest. He swings like a windmill with the form and grace of a special Olympian. Lennox would figuratively send his head to the moon.

21. Destruction and Mayhem

Ortiz may turn out to be the Eubank to Wilder's Benn

22. Destruction and Mayhem

Funny enough although he has a loud mouth, Wilder's personality doesn't bother me anymore. I've recently grown to like his personality. Guys like Fury and Saunders annoy the hell outta me...and I didn't like David Haye or Chris Eubank Snr either (in case Mustard or BOSS think it's a black/White thing).

23. Jeffy

He bugs the shit out of me. He needs to earn the respect that he feels so entitled to.

24. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I agree with Hanz.

25. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Dude, Please Tell REED You're NOT Falling for the Lamest Boxing Trick in History???....

Szpilka KO'ed Mollo in 5, was Knocked UNfuckingCONSCIOUS and Left the Ring on a STRETCHER vs. Wilder, yet You REALLY Take Szpilka @ his Word that Mollo Hits HARDER than Wilder???o_O...

If Roy Jones Said Richard Hall or Clinton Woods Hit HARDER than the 5-10 Guys Who've KO'ed him by Now, Would YOU Believe It???...Of Course You Wouldn't...Szpilka and Wilder Exchanged Harsh Words Pre-Fight and it was a Highlight Reel KO, So of Course Szpilka's Trying to MINIMIZE it...REED Doesn't Blame him 1 Bit Either, but it's BULLSHIT for him to Say a Guy HE Beat Hits Harder than a Guy that Legitimately Fucked him Up as Wilder Did...

Wilder's Lack of Snap is Due to his Flawed TECHNIQUE...But he's HEAVY HANDED as Hell and Possesses HANDSPEED, Which Makes Up for it...

And Wilder's Power DOESN'T Wane...It Bailed Him Out vs Szpilka and Washington, Who were Both OUTBOXING Him Rather Easily, Up til Then...

Even if Wilder Fought All Bums, Which he HASN'T, You've STILL Gotta Knock Their Asses Out...39-0, 38 KO's Speaks for Itself, Sorry...

26. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I see what you're saying and it might be true however I honestly think Szpilka didn't feel/see/nor remember that punch that put him in la la land. He's referring to the ones that he took without taking a nap. But yes it's common practice to downplay the power of the ones that put you in deep sleep.

Thing is Wilder's shots don't seem nor sound powerful. It looks more often than not that opponents are scared and quit because this maniac is swarming them with some windmill punches. I have yet to see anything remotely close to Lennox Rahman 2 from wilder and given the number of bums he fought we should see it all the time.

27. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

[​IMG]

No One Else has Done Bermane Stiverne Like THIS...Not Even Close...

28. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I don't know man. He takes his punches fine for 36 minutes then folds like an accordion in the rematch......i don't know

29. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

...and Folds His Legs Under Himself, LIFELESSLY Resting on a Rope???...

Sure, Guys Can Become Intimidated and WUSS OUT, but Not Like THAT...

30. Jeffy

Honestly, Jermaine came into the ring that night to lie down. That was painfully obvious. Not that he was ever elite in the first place.