Jim & Andy trailer

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Fascinating Netflix documentary about the unseen footage of the behind-the-scenes craziness of the filming of 'Man in The Moon'.

2. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Man In The Moon was a terrible movie and Andy Kaufman was this ´|´ ...interesting/entertaining.

3. Panchyprsss

I agree with both conclusions, however, Jim Carrey's 'method' acting for that role became the stuff of Hollywood legend. Now we will be able to see it after all these years. Looking forward to it.

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Eh?
    I thought "Method Acting' to its extreme was De Niro, Day-Lewis, Bale, Brody? Ledger....etc

Never heard of Carrey being in the mix...

5. Panchyprsss

You think those guys are the only ones who use Method Acting?

6. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

No, bur I've never read or heard of Carrey being included in a 'Who's Who Of Method Acting'
    (Strasberg, Stanislavski, Adler or otherwise)

7. Panchyprsss

Watched the documentary last week. Like Andy Kaufman the documentary is hit or miss. Carrey undeniably immersed way too much into this role and his sanity, which was already in question, paid the price. Very interesting how many in the cast who knew Kaufman got spooked by Jim Carrey's behavior stating that it was like Andy came back through Carrey. 6.5/10

8. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Saw this a couple weeks ago. Interesting concept but a big part of me thought it was bullshit.

I liked "Man On The Moon" when it came out, even though I was never a huge fan of Kaufman. Thought Carrey did a great job on it.

Something about the doc just didn't smell right though. I think Carry was pulling a Kaufman almost 20 years later by releasing this using select behind the scenes footage from the movie set.............but I'm pretty sure that was all just a long con as a tribute to Andy, and not exactly the method acting the doc purports it to be.

I thought it was odd the only person from the movie interviewed in the present day was Carrey himself.

Jerry Lawler was the person who probably came off the best, putting up with both Andy's AND Carrey's bullshit and playing along as the supposed bad guy, who's really the good guy in all of this.

I agree with Panchy's 6.5/10

Somewhat interesting but mostly bullshit.

9. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Yep.
    I called it again.

4/10 tops.

10. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

LOL, another self-fulfilling prophecy from Mean Mr. Magus.

11. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I never thought Kaufman deserved a film about his life. The only reason it happened at all is because Carey -who I believe was the biggest star in the world at the time- wanted to do it seeing as how Kaufman was his comedic idol.

Kaufman was an average comedian with an uninteresting life so no surprise The Man On The Moon was an average uninteresting film. I see no reason why I should waste my time watching a documentary on the making of that film because from what I’ve heard about it, it sounds average and uninteresting.

12. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

And as post #2 says, you'd be 100% correct in your opinion.