Lomachenko vs Juan Manuel Marquez at 130

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I'm sure most would pick Lomachenko, but I'm not so sure. There's ZERO quit in Marquez and if he can stand up to Pacquiao's firepower and speed, he can do so with Lomachenko's. Of course Lomachenko provides a different puzzle to solve with his footwork and bag of tricks, but Marquez in addition to being filled with heart, also has stamina for days, hit's HARD, and knows how to adjust midfight after studying his opponent.

Pick'em

2. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Marquez at 126 was no joke. And he did pack some serious pop at the lower weights.

Tough fight to choose because I think Marquez would have to fight coming forward to win this. He'd have to cut the ring off, make it an inside fight, dig the body, plus take the incoming.

I think Loma pulls it off via decision. Marquez won't quit but I think he'd have a terrible time trying to consistently find the mark in this one.

3. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I think Id pick marquez

4. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Can Loma stink effectively enough to win because if he wins it'll be via stink

5. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

I think it's really competitive for the first six but Loma would take over past that point. Lomachenko's manipulation of the opponent's guard and overall defensive nous wouldn't allow Marquez the same countering success he enjoyed against Pacquiao.

6. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Agreed

7. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    marquez by KO

8. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Many mention Pac, but while Manny had a lot of athletic qualities, he was rather predictable for some on like Marquez, who basically sat back and came over the top of Manny's overextended left with the right hand. Loma has more variety in his attack than Pac and he doesn't make the same mistakes Mamny does.

9. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

But lomachenko doesn't have pac's power or handspeed either.

Jesus of montreal likes this.
  10. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Certainly not the power, which would likely take away 2 point rounds but I don' think the gulf in speed is massive. Either way Loma is still way quicker than Marquez. Obviously Marquez wouldn't quit and he was excellent and setting traps and countering. I question how many of them Lomachenko would fall into however. It's not just about quickness of hand and foot. Loma also thinks very quickly on his feet and regularly makes adjustments. I think it would be difficult for JMM to lure Vasyl into vulnerable positions consistently.

Fascinating matchup and no matter who'd win and would shit all over Loma-Rigo in terms of entertainment.