Meldrick Taylor vs the 140 DLH

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Xplosive, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Who wins?

2. Maverick

Maverick Undisputed Champion

Oscar has problems with fast fighters, but Taylor's defense or lack of it would be his downfall. Oscar by decision.

3. CleanYourClock

CleanYourClock "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Taylor has never beaten anyone of DLH's caliber. The most we can give him is his losing effort against the smaller Chavez.

I don't know. I would like to say Taylor but , I just see DLH hurting him and knocking him out somewhere during the fight.
    Faster hands don't always win the fight.

4. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Taylor would give Oscar absolute hell and would be ahead of the cards early, but you HAVE to think that Oscar would at some point hurt him and begin to finish him off before the final bell given Taylor's mediocre defense and toughness.

So it's Taylor by clear decision or Oscar by late stoppage. I'm leaning towards the latter...

5. Donnybrook

Donnybrook The Greatest of Are Times

That's it.

This would be a shoot-out....and quite simply, Oscar will be much bigger and stronger, and at that point in his career WILL let his hands go....

DLH never "liked getting hit" - but then again, Taylor cannot hurt him, and Meldrick would provide DLH with ample opportunities to land his biggest, best shots.

DLH is not THAT much slower than Taylor - and he's delivering punches with much more power.

Peace.

6. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Agreed. Oscar easily

7. svenottke

svenottke Leap-Amateur

Taylor would seriously push Oscar, he'd be up on the cards before getting stopped late.

8. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

9. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Taylor would give Oscar problems with his speed and workrate, but would take too many shots over the course of the fight.

Oscar would have a big edge on the outside, where he was most effective anyway. It would be somewhat like the Chavez fights, perhaps more like the rematch, but the damage Taylor takes will be at longer range rather than on the inside. It would be similar in the sense that Taylor has a good start but ends up taking too many shots and gets stopped, I’ll say 10 rounds.

10. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Good fight... I'd lean towards Oscar because I think his power would tell the tale and though he might be overwhelmed at moments by Taylor's remarkable speed, he's got a big height advantage and a great jab to help diffuse some of that

I think Oscar either gets him out late or at the very least hurts/drops him enough to swing the cards in his favor should it go to the final bell

11. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Hoya would win at any weight