Michael Moorer vs Sergey Kovalev at 175lbs ( obviously )

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Two dangerous bangers go at it. Would be a thriller

2. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Agree it would

3. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    I would lean towards Kovalev but I wouldn't be confident about it. Moorer had a glossy record at 175 but faced rather limited opposition.

I'm not really sure as to how exactly rate Moorer at 175. Obviously he was a powerful guy and a big LHW, he had a nice southpaw jab and could put punches together. On the other hand, his competition was weak and I was rather underwhelmed with his performance against Leslie Stewart, who was probably the best guy he faced at the division.

4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I was more confident in a Kov win back when I had more confidence in his chin.

At this point, I dunno. Kov was overall better at 175, but I won't pretend like there's not a legit chance that Moorer blasts him out.

My gut tells me that Kov is controlling the fight for a while, then gets caught with some bombs he can't recover from. Moorer, if nothing else, was a great finisher once he got a guy going.

Moorer by stoppage.

5. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Kov lost by a bullshit stoppage after repeated illegal lowblows. So I will go with Moorer.