Nick Diaz just signed a 3 fight contract with the UFC

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Anthony, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
  2. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Not interested. B+ at best fighter who thinks he’s elite, cries like a baby with a poopy diaper when things don’t go his way, and is a borderline waterhead.
    Guaranteed he retires again or cries about his contract long before the 3rd fight ever happens.
    TFK

3. mw314159

mw314159 Undisputed Champion

I'd love to see a rematch with Robbie Lawler. Lawler won't run like Condit or wrestlefuck him like GSP. Diaz is an exciting fighter when his opponent comes to fight.

4. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Don't say that to Godfather. He thinks Daley is top 10 which would make Diaz Top 5.

5. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Diaz is clearly a top 10 welterweight.

6. TFK

Not when his opponent comes to fight, but rather when he comes to just stand there and let Diaz tee off on him with his butterfly kiss punches rather than use any kind of movement or defense.

TFK

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

You Forgot to Mention he's 1 of THE Most Popular Fighters in UFC...Diaz has COUNTER CULTURE Appeal That Will Make ANY PPV He's Involved in Successful...

He May Even Get an Assist from Ronda Rousey, Here & There, to Help PROMOTE his Fight...

Rousey is the FEMALE Nick Diaz...

REED:elmo:

8. TFK

No she isn't.

TFK

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Yes She Is...

REED:hammert:

10. mw314159

Diaz loses to people who come in with a strategy to outpoint him. To "win" a fight based on what judges think. When his opponent tries to fight him, it's always memorable and exciting. Daley, Gomi, Lawler, even Frank Shamrock and BJ Penn when they were past their primes.

I hardly buy PPVs anymore with all the free streams available online. I won't hesitate to buy Diaz vs Lawler or Diaz vs Anderson. I'd pay double for those fights if they were charging double.

11. TFK

Again, it's not an opponent coming to fight, it's an opponent who isn't smart enough to stand there and let Diaz tee off on him. The blueprint on how to beat Diaz is well known. Playing Diaz's game isn't coming to fight, it's fighting to lose.

TFK

12. TFK

Nope.

TFK

13. mw314159

Diaz is a fan favorite among potheads. :) Like me. They took away his biggest win (Gomi) for testing positive for weed. Which makes the win that much more awesome. He defeated Gomi in a way no one could have expected or predicted.

He also has the balls to strike with strikers and grapple with BJJ black belts. He has a weakness in wrestling, but he's never been defeated by a wrestler. Only outpointed.

14. mw314159

The blueprint for beating Nick Diaz is to outpoint him. Not to beat him in a fight. "Fighting" to outpoint your opponent goes against the spirit of mixed martial arts and combat sports in general.

That's why I was so disappointed in the Condit fight. Condit is a tenacious fighter, a vicious finisher. In every fight except the Diaz fight. I love fighters like Condit and Lawler because they always try to finish the fight. Almost always.

15. TFK

The point of fighting is to win. Diaz is completely unable to adapt when fighters don't fight the way he wants them to. You fight to win, and if taking away your opponent's biggest strength means you just don't stand there and let Diaz hit you, then that's what a smart fighter does.

TFK

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Yep...

REED:hammert:

17. Anthony

Motherfucker
    i dont consider what condit did as running. He fought smart. Moved from side to side and actually landed more punches. Hell, he landed more power punches too.

18. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

I have to agree with TFK on this. It's a sport, not a streetfight. The aim is to win by any (legal) means possible. If that means fighting like a negative creep, it might be frustrating to watch, but it's still a legit win if you fight within the rules. I hate boring wrestlers and dry humping, but if you can use that to exploit a weakness in your opponent and get an easy win, then so be it.

There is nothing wrong with the Condit win. He fought fairly negatively, but well. You can't call it running, he was just moving constantly. He was throwing too much for it to be discarded as "running".

19. mexican wedding shirt

Yep :bears:

20. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Why because she mean mugs during ring-walks, intro's and fights? It takes a lot more than that to be the female Nick Diaz. I would think similar fighting styles of which I see none, would be the comparison point, rather than facial expressions and the occasional opponent diss. So I agree with TFK here, although I'm interested in hearing your reasons for the comparison.

21. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Yup. Other than a mean mug there is no comparison

22. Jab Hook

Jab Hook Leap-Amateur

That nasty cunt is definitely the female incarnation of that american boner...

23. BOSS

BOSS TBD

They should just match Diaz up with brawlers. Period. Forget title contention forget rankings just give us good brawls. That way Diaz is happy and we're happy.

24. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

It seems like Diaz-Silva is official for the main event of the UFC's Super Bowl weekend card.

Dana White is calling it a Super Fight.

This Diaz kid must be a pretty big draw?

Oh, and Anthony, it's at 185.

25. Anthony

Motherfucker
    yeah i saw it's at 185. Interesting, because Silva said he wanted to fight at 205 now.

As for the big draw comment, not sure if it was directed at me, since i never said he wasnt a big draw. But to be fair, Silva is a huge draw and GSP was an even bigger draw. If you look at the difference between diaz vs. condit and diaz vs. GSP. the buyrate for GSP vs. Diaz was almost double of the condit fight.

This fight is a super fight, but more because it's silva and more because it's silva's return after what many believed was a career ending injury.

26. TFK

Let's be honest, in the UFC, Diaz is an average fighter. He has a 7-6 record and his 'best' win was over a terribly shot BJ Penn. Diaz has never gotten it done on the big stage. And unless Anderson has completely fallen off, that's not gonna change in January. He may be a draw, but he's loved more for his outspoken love of getting high more than he is for anything he's ever done in the cage.

TFK

27. mexican wedding shirt

I can't quite believe Andy Wandy is fighting again tbh. Looked like the most career ending injury ever :lol:

28. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I'll admit I'm not as much of a fan since the pussified faux retirement, but let's not pretend Diaz is some hack that doesn't deserve to be in the UFC.

Oh, and personally, I've been a fan since seeing the gogoplata win over Gomi. It's still one of my favorite MMA submission finishes. Ironically however, he might have been high at the time.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  29. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    like him or not, diaz is very fun to watch. not sure what to think of the silva match up though.

30. mexican wedding shirt

It is a weird matchup, I can't really imagine them in the ring together.