Ozark - Trailer/Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Anthony, Jul 25, 2017.

1. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

You thought TNO's middle eps were a drag? So you think Ozark is more watchable? Ok in that case I'll put it on the list. I also need to get to Breaking Bad one of these days as well as Sons of Anarchy which a couple people keep telling me is amazing.

2. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    I'd never say "Ozark" was better then "The Night Of", but it might be an easier watch. The very best episodes of "The Night Of" are far, far better then the very best episodes of "Ozark", but "Ozark" may have been more consistently entertaining to me.

"Sons Of Anarchy" is a guilty pleasure type show. I wouldn't call it amazing, but it was certainly entertaining in it's own way.

3. lb 4 lb

Thats confusing to me. I think the better the show the easier it is to watch. For me I can't separate those two things.

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

The main reason I've not even attempted to watch The Night Of - Jon Turturro as a lawyer (so, cue, boring courtroom drama right off the bat) representing a parki (no explanation needed)

5. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Don't watch it. Now that it's over it's not talked about much.

6. lb 4 lb

Do you like dramas at all? I personally like court room dramas and one of the more disappointing aspects of this show was how little of it they had. I think it was maybe just the last two episodes that really dealt with courtroom stuff.

7. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Not always to me. I can often separate my own personal tastes and recognize something I'm not necessarily into is objectively better then something I am not.

For some reason I am super into the Discovery Channel show "Gold Rush". There are a million shows better then "Gold Rush" I do not watch.

"The Americans" is objectively better then "Sons of Anarchy". I watched the entire run of SOA, and I haven't seen an episode of "The Americans" in like two years. It just doesn't grab that pleasure center part of my brain for some reason. I mean I watch it and go, "this is a really, really good show" to myself, but then when it comes on again I'm not really looking forward to it like other trashier shows I might watch.

8. lb 4 lb

I think I had a similar experience the first season of House Of Cards. Ep 1 grabbed me like it was going to be a great series but as the season went along I started liking it less and less and it got to the point where I was only watching it just to finish it and I couldn't wait to just be done with it. I didn't even bother with season 2.

9. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Yup. I've heard lots of good things about "House Of Cards" (though not so much the last couple of seasons). I really have no intention of watching it. It just doesn't interest me. It's just sitting there on my Netflix while I scroll by without even giving it a second thought. I'll wager it's loads better quality then "Orange Is The New Black", which I watched the entire run over the course of 6 months or so (which for me is binge watching).

"Orange Is The New Black" is trash but somehow compelling to me. It's a poor mans, toned down female version of "OZ". It's really not that good and I hated the last season, but I'll likely watch the next season when it pops up.

"The Walking Dead" is a pretty shit show, with stupid situations and stupid people populating nearly the entire universe; but you can bet when it comes back on, I'll be there hate watching every episode of it. Hard to explain, LOL.

10. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Ditto.
    I just about got through season #1 and all I could think of was "soap-opera with zombies".

11. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

LOL, and if the first 6 episode season run of "Walking Dead" was "Godfather II", any season following it was "The Sicilian" in comparison.

It went to shit after Frank Darabont left the show, but people still eat it up like it's candy, myself included unfortunately.

12. lb 4 lb

You don't have to explain because I'm right there with you. I hate watch that show too and for some reason I can't quit it even though it's just constantly recycling the same situation over and over.

13. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

House of Cards is dead to me after this past season. It's just completely lost all imagination, and is all over the fucking place. I hope they decide to end it.

If you ever do decide to watch it though, the first two seasons were awesome, they truly were. Great acting across the board, compelling characters, great plots and sub plots, very imaginative, everything. It constantly kept you guessing and interested. It appeared on its way to being an all time great show, then, season 3... it started falling apart. Basically, House of Cards is the Donald Curry of TV shows.

OITNB is compelling every now and then... but it's 80% a stupid show.

The Walking Dead... has to the worst popular show of all time.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  14. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I've always thought that The Wire and The Sopranos were considered to be the best two drama series of all time.

15. lb 4 lb

Yeah the Wire was awesome. Only Thrones is better because it's the best ever. I never did watch the Sopranos.

16. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I think you would like the sopranos.

17. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

I watched The Sopranos (a few of s1), The Wire (all of s1), Game Of Throne (2 episodes), Breaking Bad (42mins).

So far this year: Ozark, Narcos (s1 and s2), Stranger Things, Daredevil (s1) - have all been instantly addictive and watchable (to me, anyway)

18. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Game of thrones you have to get to around episode 6 or 7. Then you will be hooked.

19. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

I have to endure 5 hours of dragons, wenches, dwarves, and swords, etc - all of which I fuckin hate anyway?

Fuck that.

20. Anthony

Motherfucker
    It's a political show that has those things in it from time to time.