Retro-trailers

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

The official thread to dump any old movie trailers of not-so-great movies. The movies themselves might have been as bad a rotten broccoli, but maybe the trailers were worth watching!

My first picks:

the dueling roller disco films of 1979

Skate Town USA (Patrick Swayze was the 'baddie' looking like a left behind Warriors gang member!)

Roller Boogie (Linda Blair was freaking hot here. Too bad the studio decided to pair her with the roller disco champion, whatever his name was, who had zero acting skills, was very gay and no charisma)

the only good scene just because of EWF 'Boogie Wonderland' (why they didn't put that song in the trailer is beyond me)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  2. Panchyprsss

The Ultimate Warrior 1975 with Yul Brynner, Max Von Sydow, William Smith and other good actors that deserved better than this microbudget scifi film.

3. Panchyprsss

Charles Bronson in "Assassination". Smashing trailer; awful film.

Another Bronson film "Telefon". Great trailer...not so great film.

and I wish I could find the original theatrical trailer for Bronson's 'Breakout'. That must be one of the best trailers ever...and very misleading as the film was as campy as Flash Gordon.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  4. Panchyprsss

Scorpio (1973) ah those generic 70's sound effects used a thousand times on every action movie!

5. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

One for you Panchy.
    Thank God It's Friday (1978):

6. Panchyprsss

That was a good example of a better-than-the-movie-itself trailer. Honestly I watched it on its release because the title song was #1 that week and also for Donna Summer. The film sucked bad then and is unwatchable today.