Second 100-Day Challenge Started Today...

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Buddy Rydell, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    I was going to make it for Hanzy. Kind of like those WWF Mr. Perfect videos from back in the day. If LOK can KO a watermelon, then watching me nail a maple leaf from 20 paces with an axe would be my watermelon victory. As for the ropeclimbing, I was gonna do that one for you, honeybummy. I know you're dying to see my rippling muscles in action. After all, you're begging me for pictures.

What's wrong, "boss"? You seemed so happy-go-lucky last week. Trouble at work? Trouble on the unemployment line?

2. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I am just sick and tired of your lying. I can only take so much.

3. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Oh wait, I got this one, "boss". It's a Jeopardy Question, and the answer is "Things You Say To Your Employer When She Has You Bent Over Her Desk With A Strap-On" for $400!!!!! :lol:

4. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Damn, I just got down below 181 and lower than 20% bodyfat for the first time in quite some time. I'll drink to that.

5. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Might as well say you're 168 with 4% body fat. No one believes you anyway.

6. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Nice work Buddy!

7. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Dude, I celebrated yesterday with my junk food day. It was raining here the whole day, but I am so very close to cracking the 170s for the second time in 17 years. Most importantly, the way I've done it is by keeping as much muscle as possible. I've definitely lost a bit of muscle because I was at over 33% bodyfat at 223. Now I'm in my low 180s with less than 20% bodyfat. I want to get my bodyfat percentage down to about 10% because it's just weight that I don't need. You can pick up 20lbs and carry it around on your back, but as soon as you drop it, you feel more energetic. I know I'm getting close to the end because when that baby comes in February, my time for getting in shape will be cut down to a certain extent. If I want to get down and maintain it, now's the time.

8. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I'd have to be in competitive bodybuilding and use drugs to do that. It would also mean losing stamina and strength. I don't need you to believe me. I discuss it with LOK and others because they enjoy training too.

9. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Post a shirtless picture. It won't kill you to do it.

10. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Why would I do that? To give someone a pic to photoshop? I think 15-20lbs more will be ideal for my frame. I haven't been this light in about 20 years.

11. BOSS

BOSS TBD

You already posted pictures of yourself so why is this any different?

12. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Because you've kind of turned into a bitch lately. LOK will be able to check them out on my Facebook as will Hut, Caligula, TKO, Punk, and a few others.

13. BOSS

BOSS TBD

:lol:

When are you putting them up on facebook? I wanna know by when I should make up with you.

14. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:

I'm not going to rush it. I know there is plenty of room for improvement. I think 160-165 would be ideal with very little visible bodyfat. At that weight, I'll definitely have a 6-pack going, and I'll be light enough that I can put on 10lbs of muscle without feeling like I'm overloading myself. It would bring my legs in line with my upper body.

15. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 81: Only 19 days to go. I might be able to hit the 170s, but it will be after a long jog. I'm comfortably in the low 180s though, and that's a good feeling.

16. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Hope you aren't losing too much much strength/muscle losing all this weight Buddy! Good going.

Are you doing long runs or are you mainly doing sprints/HIIT?

17. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Hey Hut, it's mainly long slow to medium-paced jogs for me combined with tabatas-style rowing and elliptical. I tried the HIIT for a few months, and it just didn't do it for me as easily as the longer runs. I wonder if it might have anything to do with me being used to doing cross-country running in high school and also running long distance in my early 20s. You get so into a groove that you do it regularly.

I'm doing jackknife pullups and climbing rope using just my arms, but the muscle and weight I'm keeping is functional weight. I used to think it would be great to be built like a bodybuilder, but you don't really use that muscle for anything. I like obstacle courses and playing with the young lad, showing him how to use monkeybars and swings, so I don't want to carry a bunch of muscle that is only good for lifting a very heavy weight for a short time. Athleticism is where it's at for me.

18. LOK

Buddy..great work

I was on a similar path and then I rejoined the gym. I started lifting again..I forgot how much I loved it.
    I put on a couple lbs but am going to keep at it and not worry about calories for another month or so just getting stronger.

19. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I know what you're saying, LOK. After a certain point, I'll be hitting the heavy iron for awhile to get the strength back to peak form, but other than that, I'm all about getting better conditioning. This summer looks to be the best shape I've ever been in. In fact, I'm pretty close to that now. With your kindergarten, I'd think you'd need the energy even more than I do, big boy.

20. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Dear lord, LOK, my arms are singing with pain. As soon as I get up to significant poundages, I'm going to make videos of me climbing rope with weights attached. I just had a killer workout and finished it off with rope-climbing using just my arms.

21. LOK

Nice BUDDY

After doing bodyweight Only stuff for a while then going back to the gym I was ridiculously sore for a WHILE

22. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I find that after the first week, the soreness is minimal. I will definitely feel it when I get back to heavy training.

23. StingerKarl

StingerKarl Ace Degenerate

Just started heavy lifting again this AM.

Benched this morning, arms tomorrow, shoulders next day and I hit the treadmill for an hour every day as well.

Doing three on one off and on the off days its heavy bag for an hour, 15 three minute rounds with one minute rest in between.

Going back to club security, AKA "Customer Safety Ambassador" starting the Friday before Halloween through the Holiday Season.

24. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Is that how you see yourself Karl? Like the pictures in your sig?

TFK

25. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Well, I'm back in the 170s for the first time in a decade. Unlike the imposing figures in Karl's picture, I'm going for lean and mobile with improved strength per bodyweight for rock climbing and general fitness. I'm climbing rope with a 20lb weight vest using just my gloved hands---no legs wrapped around the rope on the way up. I made it down to 178 last Thursday, but you fluctuate day to day in the amount of water you retain by up to 5lbs. While bouncers can be quite large, I'd rather just be lean and functional. There's no real reason for me to get massive---it looked neat when I was a kid, but it's a lot of maintenance to keep the massive bodybuilder look.

I guess if I were bouncing, I'd want it. Fortunately I stopped bouncing around 20 years ago. Too little money for too much risk, and I'm just not cut out to be Ace Slaughter. Now THAT was a character with promise! :lol:

26. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Man, hitting the treadmill for an hour everyday is pretty decent as long as you increase the incline. I don't know what the settings are for treadmills in the states, but here you have to tap the incline button 3 times or so to get it at the elevation to emulate the effect of running on solid ground. Fortunately I don't need to do that just yet. I run outside for 5 or 8km a day just up and down my country road, and then I can hit the weights or climb.

I might even get down to 160 and then fluctuate between 155-170. As soon as I hit 170, it's time to go back down to 155-160.

27. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

What a rude piece of shit this guy is.

28. LOK

i'm trying to get my strength back.. then will lean down some
    i can't imagine 170's it's been a long time since I was that

29. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Well dude, it's the high 170s---178.2 as of about 20 minutes ago. It fluctuates, but I've been around this weight for a week or so. The daily cardio (rowing and running) and improved eating habits are sticking with me. I can totally see hitting the 160s by Christmas. I plateau for a few weeks and then a few pounds drop off suddenly in the space of a day or two. I guess it takes awhile for the body to adjust to the increased metabolism, and I've found that a few times I've lost weight AFTER eating junk food. I guess the junk food gets my body more responsive to weight loss.

The biggest change has been to totally drop beer. I've even lost my taste for it. I still like wine though.:dunno:

30. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Fuck you, dude.