Terence Crawford vs Miguel Cotto

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by puerto rock, Dec 12, 2017.

1. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

At 140. How does this go down?

2. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

From the little I've seen of Crawford I would expect him to stop Cotto in about 8 rounds.

3. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Cotto wins this one.

4. Jesus of montreal

Lol, who the fuck ever stopped cotto so rapidly??? Prime pacman needed 12 rounds to stop cotto, and crawford is a far cry from beinga s good offensively

5. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

Gotta go with Cotto. Crawford has beaten no one to tell be that he can handle Cotto.

6. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I'd go with Crawford. He's a more intelligent, more versatile technician than Cotto ever was. "However", he sure as Hell ain't stopping Cotto in 8 rounds.

I'd go with Crawford by competitive, but clear UD. He'd pull away down the stretch as Miggy fades, as always.

7. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I would pick Crawford by SD at 140 but Cotto by UD at WW

8. Jesus of montreal

Agreed. Cotto would have killed anybody on Crawford resume. The best opponent TC fought is probably Postol, and I can't see how he doesnt ends up gutted like a fat pig against Cotto.

TC is getting way overrated based on blowing up mostly C, and a few B, level guys in style

9. Xplosive

If we're talking about 140, then Cotto didn't exactly go through murderers' row himself, and Crawford looked far more impressive in beating a similar level of opposition. I mean, does ANYBODY here think that Crawford goes life and death with Ricardo Torres? Cotto's high level of opposition didn't begin until he hit 147. Before that, people were saying the SAME THING about Cotto - that he had fought no one. How quickly we forget...

147 might be a different story, it remains to be seen until we see TC at the weight.

But I'm confidently taking Crawford at 140.

10. Jesus of montreal

yeah, but we have the advantage of hindsgith with Cotto, which we don't have yet for TC

11. Xplosive

We have the advantage of knowing that Cotto was never THAT good. His signature win was over a faded Mosley in a fight I personally thought was a draw. Let's not act like he was invincible.

The guy was NOTORIOUS for fading late in fights, while Crawford actually picks it up more and more as the fight progresses.

I think Crawford has all the tools to beat Cotto - not one sidedly, but by a clear decision.

12. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I don't give a FUCK what Crawford has proved to date and who did or did not stop Cotto in 8 rounds or less...Cotto was vulnerable at 140, only survived Corley because Corley is a jackass....and Crawford is clearly a better fighter than he was.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  13. puerto rock

Unlike Corley and Torres, I'm not so sure Crawford let's Cotto off the hook if he hurts him. The man is a good finisher.

14. Jesus of montreal

Lol, you don't have to invincible to beat TC, guy was getting his ass beat by small ass Gamboa before size difference kicked in.

TC is good, but he still have some ways to go before I pick him over a proven guy like Cotto. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have it in him, and I think he'll fight the Indodo of this world for the next few years

Jeffy likes this.
  15. puerto rock

Cotto's best did come at 147 if we look at it. It was a more comfortable weight for him and he filled out. He was probably struggling to make 140.

I think Crawford is a better fighter, but we don't know how he'll take the punch Cotto has. But I don't trust Cotto's gas tank. Especially against a guy who does appear to do his better work as the fight wears on.

I won't comment about 147 because we indeed have not seen Crawford there and there's no telling how he'll handle the bigger guys.