UFC 205| MSG| Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez | Weidman/Romero| Woodley/Thompson

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Anthony, Sep 27, 2016.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Yep...

Instead of Picking Their Spots to Land a TAKEDOWN, Guys Come Out Anxiuos to PROVE Conor Doesn't Belong... They RUSH Him While Standing and Play Right Into Conor's Hands, or FISTS, as the Case May Be...

That's a DIRECT Reault of McGrgor Mind Fucking Them Into Wanting to KILL his Ass from the Opening Bell...Fight Plans, Patience and Playing to YOUR Strengths Goes Out the Window...It's All About Wanting to HURT the Dude That's Shit Talked You for Months....

Classic BOXING Mind Game...Particularly Effective for a Shit Talking COUNTER PUNCHER...

REED

2. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

...and a fucking quick puncher too.

I'd love to see him fight vs my boy Maia....but 170lb? :scratcher:

3. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Boxers have trouble with southpaws, so it must be extra tough for cage fighters to deal with one who has decent timing.

Second, the guys height and range is a factor in a few of his fights that I've seen. These shorter guys are made to order.

4. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Yeah that reach over Alvarez was significant.

5. Anthony

Motherfucker
    btw, it's insane that this fight broke ever MSG record. Even most attendance, beating out Ali/Frazier.

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

@ Least Hillary Won the Popular Vote...There Wasn't a SINGLE Aspect of the Fight Won by Alvarez...

REED:mut:

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Not Surprising to REED...

Surely, MSG GAH-den's Been Renovated a Time or 2, to Allow for More Seating???....

REED

8. Anthony

Motherfucker
    meh. the popular is equivalent to eddie having the home court advantage. Meaningless.

9. Anthony

Motherfucker
    not sure. something to look into for sure.

10. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I don't think he'll even have Woodley to eat, poor boy gunna be fighting Aldo for a barbecued rat, you see, Conor has been elected as our glorious leader, and every fighter from featherweight to welterweight is transitioning through the "growing pains" of trickle down economics.

11. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I never like or thought much of Weidman. Everyone always talked him up but I just never saw anything special about him. I think he was just a typical good at most everything great at nothing guy who caught an old slipping Silva at the end of his reign.

I agree I thought Woodley won the fight too. I don't think the brass are too keen on Woodley though, he doesn't seem to have any fans and his super quiet demeanor isn't helping.

12. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I agree, I can never watch the full 5 rounds of her boring slap boxing fights. I do see what separates her from the pack though. She fights with full aggression the entire time and I noticed that as the fight grew on Karolina seemed to lose her edge almost like she had lost her confidence as she wasn't fighting with the same fire she started with.

I partially about McGregor. I think he's a legit lightweight but ALvarez did have a slight point about how overrated he's become. Also the fact McGregor seems intent on picking on bigger guys just adds to the illusion because when he loses to guys like Diaz it's seen more as he fought a bigger guy so he gets a pass. If McGregor keeps doing fights like that he'll continue to get passes whenever he loses.

I full agree with you on Alvarez. I can't believe people gave him a shot here. I mean I haven't seen much of him but I thought he landed a lucky perfect shot on Rafa to get the title. Before that all I remember is Cerrone literally kicking his ass and Cerrone may be a top 3 guy in the division but he's proven he'll never hold the title even if he does eventually win it once, just like Alvarez.

13. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

McGregor v Alvarez........from Alvarez´ perspective:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpunditarenamma%2Fvideos%2F341422836212989%2F&show_text=0&width=400" width="400" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>