Why Star Wars: The Last Jedi will suck

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Since watching the trailer I couldn't help but feel very unhyped about this film. The trailer itself got significantly less views than those of The Force Awakens which is also very telling. Then we got to see some of the images from the movie which look downright stupid. Like these ones:

A Guinea pig pilot? Really?
    [​IMG]

Are these Red Guards from a Lego Star Wars?
    [​IMG]

Is Benicio Del Toro in Blade Runner or Star Wars??

[​IMG]

This is a nun.

[​IMG]

The chubby chank in the film in yet another SW 'lets dress as the enemy' scene.

[​IMG]

plus on-the set photos of either a club or opera where the male characters (including big head aliens) are wearing tuxedos.

And now we found out that there will be an evil goth BB8 droid! really?? how any more dumb this can get?
    [​IMG]

2. Panchyprsss

Test: chank

Test: spinc

Test: nagger

Test: nazi

Test: whitey

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  3. Panchyprsss

LOL this fucking PC forum software is changing the racial slurs! I wrote c-h-i-n-k twice but it came out twice as 'chank'! Same as the other two, but the slurs for whites were not changed...hmmm

4. Double L

Double L Book Reader

lol

I agree. Based on your observations, there is reason for doubt.

5. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Yep. 100% agree with you, Panchy.

It looks like its all done in the name of ´stupidity´´ masquerading as ´creativity´ and of course, ´Diversity´.

6. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I agree. It's going to suck. Too many people were complaining that the force awakens was a remake of a new hope and went on to speculate that this one will be a remake of empire strikes back. As such the writers have gone out of the way to distance themselves from Empire strikes back which is a mistake....they should have stuck to that formula. They're going to make this campy and stupid

7. Panchyprsss

Well the scene in the trailer of small rebel ships racing toward a bunch of imperial walkers is straight out of The Empire Strikes Back Hoth battle.

[​IMG]

All that said, I'll watch the film mainly because I want to see what they do with Luke and how they resolve the Leia/Carrie Fisher departure. Besides those two whose fates can change, I don't give two hoots about Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo or BB8 since those poorly developed characters get no love from me and I KNOW all of them survive at the end.

8. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Who cares. These movies are for kids anyway

9. Panchyprsss

Millions of baby boomers, gen Xers, Millennials do care and disagree with you.

10. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    I could figure out this movie would suck based on it having star wars in the name.

11. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Episode 9 is looking for another director. They may be fucking up this franchise.

12. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

It's going to suck for these reasons:

The Force Awakens sucked - It was a bland, lame story and now they're just going to continue that bland, lame story.

We've all seen this before - How many more spacecraft battles, light saber battles, laser gun battles do we need to see in a different SW film? It's just not interesting anymore and hasn't been for a long time.

It's typical CGI fare - The focus isn't going to be on telling a top notch story, but rather the action sequences first and foremost. That almost always makes for a bad movie.

The characters suck - They're all one dimensional, uninteresting, and lack charisma. Seriously, it's like everyone in this movie is like a third tier character and don't get me started on the very unintimidating villain.

I said I wouldn't go to the movies to see the sequel but after treating some friends who are sorta hardcore fans to the first one, they pressured me into going to this one by claiming we have to do it again. So I agreed, mostly just to hang out with them.

13. Destruction and Mayhem

This film is VERY important for the franchise. If it sucks the franchise is dead.

14. lb 4 lb

It doesn't matter if it sucks or not because even if it does suck, it won't.

Allow me to explain that nonsense. If the sequel sucks much like the first one did it will just be the same outcome, a bunch of die hards claiming it's the greatest shit ever.

15. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Everything lb 4 lb said nails it really.
    And at the time, everyone's jerking-off over the 'feel' resembling the first movies, the aerial battles, the return of Han & Chewie bur worst of all, that uppity little bitch who is 'empowering' for girls.

Fuck.
    Off.

The best thing about this movie?
    My now-classic spoilers that ruined it for everyone a week before it was released.
    :emoji_clap: :emoji_joy: :emoji_muscle: :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_v: :emoji_ok_hand::emoji_kissing_heart:

16. Joe King

Player
    You're proud of releasing spoilers?

17. Destruction and Mayhem

Nah...if it sucks...it sucks. No star wars fan will claim it was good.

18. Double L

Double L Book Reader

What is the general consensus on episodes 1-3? Did those suck?

19. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

For that (and who it affected), yes.

Plus you needed to read the thread to see the funny side.
    Anthony couldn't go in and delete the posts because then he'd be exposed to them too.

For Panchfail & SlyHomoHater, it was like telling little kids that Santa Claus didn't exist...

20. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    the force awakens really sucked

that girl almost defeated a jedi master the very first time she swung a lightsaber...that sets this whole movie up to fail

21. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Good point.

I'm interested in people's opinion of ep1-3 compared to ep7. Ep7 seems like all sizzle and no steak. Ep 1-3 had deeper plot seemingly.

22. Destruction and Mayhem

They sucked ass and swallowed.

23. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Didn't George Lucas receive death-threats over Eps I-III? :D

24. Destruction and Mayhem

Deservedly so

25. Panchyprsss

And I still fucking hate you for that! If I am now a radical conservative was because of THAT!! No more Mr. Nice Guy towards liberal snowflakes evil doers spoiler bending!!

26. Joe King

Player
    It's odd how highly the franchise is regarded considering even Return of the Jedi was ridiculed. That makes 4 out of the original 6 let downs in the eyes of the general public.

I enjoy them all though, except Rogue One.

27. lb 4 lb

Uhm...I thought I mentioned before that that is exactly what happened the first time with The Force Awakens.

Jedi wasn't ridiculed. It had some criticisms but was considered a decent film within the franchise, and deservedly so. To try to lump it in with the rest of that muck is doing it a severe disservice.

Also the root of the franchise is still a brilliant one. The problem is that it seems to have become damn near impossible to turn a good concept into a decent coherent movie lately. Everything from the Star Trek's to Star Wars even the Alien franchise all turns out to be mediocre at best.

28. Panchyprsss

Star Wars (retitled Episode IV: A New Hope) was great
    The Empire Strikes Back was a masterpiece
    Return of the Jedi was just good

29. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Very valid points.
    Just shows you how deluded and obsessive people can get over entertainment...

30. Joe King

Player
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all of them. I've just seen a lot of criticism. I think the original trilogy is overrated and the prequels underrated. It's just crazy fandom and I'm a huge fan of the series.

People were let down by Jedi, I remember the vibe when it came out. It gets regarded higher because it's lumped in with the first group.

The prequel trilogies have been bashed. They weren't stellar, but worth watching. Personally I rank Revenge of the Sith over Return of the Jedi.

Rogue One getting such high praise is incredible. Especially since it was set between the two trilogies. With all of that material, they based one movie off of ONE LINE in the original trilogy. "Many men sacrificed themselves to get these plans". Colossal letdown. The female lead was wooden and predictable. The best thing was the ending when they all died. It's the only movie that I don't have in my collection.

Back to the root of this thread topic, I think The Last Jedi is in real danger. I totally understand The Force Awakens playing it safe and introducing the core elements of the franchise.

The Last Jedi is supposed to take the franchise in a fresh direction with those elements but it looks like more generic safe playing by Disney. It's different from the Marvel franchises because there are 70 years of storylines and characters to play with and adjust. The Star Wars universe for better or worse, decided to limit themselves to 6 movies in the cannon.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017