Feminism and Chivalry: Mutually exclusive?

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    It's actually hard to be an admin and an active member of a board like this. There is a reason why most mods dont last long. I get in arguments all the time and dont abuse my mod powers, but Im sure it gets tempting for mods feel they should be respected as an authority and still want to go toe to toe with someone. We have had a shit load of mods here. 90% of them got a power trip and abused their powers. That is why i had to put in rules that stated mods/admins involved in a beef cant mod that specific thread or anything that happens there.

That is tough for me now, because i am the only Admin/Mod left. I think im gonna recruit a few people.

2. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    why? what's the point? The genuinely racist POVs being mocked still stand unedited

3. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I just hate the word man. I hate seeing it. I hate hearing it. I dont know. And i dont like the fact that you use it, specifically in quotes, when other people did not use it.

Also many times, you use it, as a mock quote when i dont think what that person said was even racist. Like you said before, we see racism in different things.
    And since i have to make those judgement calls as an admin, i just edit it. Ya dig?

4. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I remember I used the word "Polack" and Anthony took it out, as he did with "boner" .

When I posted a photo of an SS Officer in my Sig, he told me to take it down.

I have seen him at work and he is an efficient fair operator.

5. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    You don't think anything is racist, really

I don't really care either way... I just think it's funny... "boner", "nagger", "Polack"... better edit those before somebody gets offended ... but racist opinions are cool as long as you use "Mexican", "Black" and "Polish" instead

6. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    :scratcher:

What you looking for, Saints :dunno:

7. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Not true. there are people here that can tell you the PMs i send them regarding things they say. I just don't think NOT being PC = Racism

Good.

I know you dont see the difference. But a discussion about race does not mean racism. Stating a negative about Mexicans for example does not automatically mean you are calling them a "boner" And I think that is where we differ.

8. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    I'm not looking for anything... Just think it's hilarious that in light of the kind of serious opinions freely bandied about on here, there's a genuine worry about the use of slurs

I don't give a fuck, it's just an observation

9. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    what?

10. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

99% I reckon. You do a good job man.

11. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

There seems to be a double standard, as to when the n-word will become the n-word instead of the original word.

Funny thing is the n-word is now the worst thing you can call someone, when trying to be racist. And that is kinda racist itself. It's the only word where you have to say the beginning letter and the term word instead of using it even when only explaining things... There's no b-word or p-word. Nobody would even know which one you mean... :lol:

12. Punk

Every time someone posts a kangaroo reference, I get very upset.

13. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

kangaroos are cool animals

14. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    whatever, Kookaburra-fucker

15. Punk

:baa:

16. Anthony

Motherfucker
    You are right. But that is how things go. If there is enough protest and complaining about change, people tend to just comply just to shut people up.

17. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Whit? Ah won’t insult Ye ba being all coy aboot it and will instead address the accusation that whit Ah wrote is ‘bullshit’, factually…

:will: Ye admit the N word is used – choof.

:will: Rainmaker receives dogs abuse aboot being Turkish – choof.

:will: Loadedvest is the victim o’ a crusade against him – choof.

:will: Hanz is regularly called a parki – choof.

Noo then, Ye didnae dismiss ma claim aboot Loadedvest’s victimization but merely excused it. As fer ‘But Muslim isnt a race. And since being Christian is open season around here, so should being a muslim.’… who said this wiz solely aboot race? Look at the context o’ whit Ah wiz replying tae:

Ye might be questioning why Ah wid make such a remark? Ah’ll tell Ye. Yesterday, Ah wiz enjoying the tennis and Ah missed auld Hanz commenting on the matches and Ah got tae wondering why he diznae post much anymore? Ah then went way back and remembered the way that Rainmaker used tae love tae discuss fitba, a pattern seemed tae be forming and that’s whit coloured ma opinion on Fightbeat today.

Here’s yer response tae Hanz when he asked Ye aboot whit yer opinion on the word parki wiz:

(follow link tae thread: http://fightbeat.com/forums/showthread.php?48290-Daily-reminder&highlight=spinc )

Noo, Ah’m no complaining, like, but it that term diz seem tae be in violation o’ TAA rule ‘2) No racial or ethnic slurs. This includes ALL Races. Examples (Spics, N-word, Hick, boner, Hillbilly, chank, towel Head, Etc. When addressing a member on this board) This will not be tolerated.’

Incidentally, 2 of the TAA big rules are Buddy’s own self titled rules… that smacks o’ wearing the six pointed star tae me. There can be more than one sheriff, Ye ken? Ah think ootae all o’ ma remarks this wiz the one that drew a – dare Ah say – hot tempered response:

Tae which Irish quickly coountered wi’ an allusion which indicated that may have been the case but it wiz a ‘Quaker’ saloon in which there wiz no fun. Ah must admit Ah found this funny and true, this can be a grand place and Ye are a key part o' making that so.

Ah didnae mean tae suggest Ye were doing a bad job and Ah apologise fer any offence.

Hoowever, Ye did dismiss the word ‘parki’ being used taewards Hanz, yet he spent at least 2 weeks in klink (i.e. Time Oot) fer calling the chief offender a ‘Pollack’, so Ah cannae apologise fer that.

Fightbeat is a free market and there is no welfare tae be had. Necessary cuts have been made and the Ownership has been reduced from 4 tae 2, during yer tenure, and bandwidth sucking members have been sliced doon foorfold tae make fer a more efficient site. We are very much following the Republican model. Ye have been chief amongst those driving those changes and Ah respect Ye fer it.

BBC Peace.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  18. Punk

There is no doubt than Rainy and Hanzy get shit said to them that's massively racist.....but here, the ones that get punished are those against more "USA-understood" racism I.e. boner, nagger, poleark etc.

parki, Jap etc are just as racist if you know the origins and usage. Calling Indians "curry munchers" is equivalent to fried chicken/watermelon shit against blacks, or "dog eater" gags about Koreans.

It's all exactly the same stuff, but not understood and thus get used quite a bit here without knowledge of the level of racism inherent in their use.

If racism is to be banned, it ALL should be banned.

19. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Punkster,

Ah cannae argue wi' a word Ye've said but Ah just wantae make clear that Ah wiz no' proposing any changes, merely responding tae a post from Irish, like.

Ah kenned whit Ah wid be getting masen intae, joining this site, when Ah read the vile anti-protestant and pro-terrorist posts - the worst o' which being the protestant caricatures in the style o' the 'Jewish Rat' cartoons drawn ba the nazis. Since then Ah've SEEn all sorts ranging from death being wished upon Prince George tae the glorification o' Norman Tebbit's wife being crippled in the Brighton bombing. But Ah'm still here, talking aboot fitba, and all the stronger fer it.

Ye're a good laddie, Punk, Ye have alsae had yer trials and tribulations being both Australian and ginger. As fer Anthony... Ah believe he has renoonced his catholicism so he's alright in ma book.

20. Punk

Look, this place is insane, which is why I spent $25 buying it.

21. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:

:lol: Remember Kookaburra Tree vs Men Down Under.

It was a big Australian scandal........bigger than that Dingo Baby case.

22. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Listen, people can say "Irish potatoes" and nobody gives a fuck.

I say let it all stand where it falls..............or we can go back to drinking Buddlez Decaf Iced-Tea from a tall, dirty glass.

23. Punk

Leprechaun fuckers

24. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Is that "fuckers" used to describe the Leps or the people who intercourse with them :dunno:

Shit is getting sloppy around here.

25. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Its 5:30 in the morning here. Going for a swim and some Coffey. Hopefully that will help me translate hunger's accent properly and give a good response. It just took me 5 minutes trying to read it in my morning haze and i have given up without the drink. Bare with me

26. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Coffey? as in Susan Coffey??

[​IMG]

27. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Yes! Don't remember the outcome though

28. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Now that is some faggot talk.

29. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    MAW were deemed to have infringed on Kookaburra Tree's copyright and were forced to pay.

Which, for me, was the equivalent of Henry Ford being told he had to make royalty payments to some shit-kicking Sumerians over his use of the wheel.

30. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I'd rather not, thanks.