Ward vs Golovkin

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Xplosive, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Fans were disgusted with the Berto matchup (and for good reason) as well as teh quality of the Pacquiao fight (and for good reason). My reading of Floyd is that he doesn't want to be remembered for that. If GGG becomes the superstar of the sport, Floyd may be tempted to fight him.

2. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I'd applaud him as would anybody else in his right mind.

3. Ali

Ali Leap-Amateur

I'd bet my house Floyd will never go anywhere near GGG...your fucking mad if you think otherwise

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

There's a BETTER Chance of Muhammad Ali Being Granted a Boxing License and Returning to Professional Boxing, than There is of Floyd Getting in the Ring w/GGG...

REED:l2:

5. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Floyd really should stay retired.

He can't come back and sell another fight against some average dude, and if he fights someone dangerous, there's a chance he gets beat.

A lot of casuals think he really is TBE. Fine, let it be. But I think boxing will be just fine without Mayweather.

6. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

7. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

Floyd will avoid GGG like the plague. He prefers the soft touches these days.

8. Destruction and Mayhem

It's likely, for sure.

I mean which 40 year old in their right mind, that's used to fighting Welterweights wants to come out of retirement and fight a prime undefeated Middleweight monster?

But....MAN...I'd love it if that fight were made.

I may be a Mayweather fan, but I'd love to see him step up to that challenge.

9. Jeffy

Thats something that you just need to do if you ever want to be even considered to be one of the best ever.

10. His_Royness

it is not... He is considered one of the best ever and coming back two weight classes higher against Golovkin would be more of a suicide mission. I hate Mayweather but you act like he is required to do something like this to justify his status. If he did that it would be a ballsy move that would elevate him much higher and something that has rarely been done before. It's not like every all time great has done something like this.

11. Jeffy

That is your opinion...

In my opinion, someone who claims to be on such a higher level than everyone else should have no fear of such a fight. That Pac fight certainly didnt cement his legacy.

12. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Jeffy is right. Floyd is CLEARLY a great fighter, it isn't questionable, but to actually earn "TBE" status or whatever the fuck he's saying now he'd have to do something like that.

13. Destruction and Mayhem

Even if he were to challenge and beat GGG, his haters would give him no credit.

They'll say GGG is unproven, overrated, would have lost to Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Hagler, Mugabi and whoever else....and that Floyd ducked Paul Williams and Margarito.

14. His_Royness

TBE sure - I thought we were just talking about a "great" or all time status.

15. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

But all of this is true....GGG is overated and would have lost to those guys..except Mugabi(maybe)...and Floyd did ducked Paul and Margarito.

16. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

I don't get how anyone can just assume GGG would lose to every fighter that came before him. Sure, his resume is shit but he's done what he's needed to do. If he was getting dropped, winning split decisions or dropping loads of rounds then you'd have a case but he hasn't. He hasn't proven himself to be a great but by the same token he hasn't proven himself to be overrated yet.

17. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    This. I believe everybody understands this, except illuminati

18. Destruction and Mayhem

word.

19. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

:nono:I said maybe not mugabi.......when a fighter of his resume is put in the top 3-5 p4p list, when he get all the hype from the networks w/out having fought one A Level fighter, when he is talked about one day as being a HOFer.....IMO that fighter is OVERATED....

20. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

It's Because those Others Fighters HAVE Proven Themselves...

Pit "PROVEN Entity" vs. "UNPROVEN Entity" in ANY Sport, and it's Quite Natural, Rational and LOGICAL to Pick "PROVEN Entity" to Win, Right???...Same Rule Applies to Boxing...

It Takes a LEAP of Faith to Assume GGG Beats Any of the Aforementioned Names, Given How UNPROVEN he Currently Is...GGG Fans WANT to Believe he'd Beat Some of those Names, Whereas Fans like REED and Brother Illu, Simply Want GGG to PROVE HIMSELF 1st, Before Being Mentioned in the Same Breath/Context as Those PROVEN Fighters...

REED:dunno:

21. Destruction and Mayhem

REED,

You're my boy, but I get tired of this type of logic.

34-0, 31 KOs, including some 15 or so championship fights, when you haven't even come close to being defeated is proving oneself. A person CANNOT get that kinda record, including championship fights, without having proved themselves. Cannot.

If he had amassed that record without ever fighting highly ranked contenders you'd have a point, but that isn't the case.

We don't have time machines, so he can't go back and fight historical legends, he can only fight the guys that are put in front of him.

He has shown chin, stamina, power, finishing ability, boxing skills.

He's proven himself to be a very good fighter, potentially great.

22. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Ok. It's fine and dandy to want Golov to prove himself against Ward, but if he loses to Ward keep in mind that Ward is a super middleweight. More than that, Ward is one of the best suppermiddleweights of all time.

In comparing Golov to MIDDLEWEIGHTS, who exactly would you like for him to "prove" himself against? All that's left at this point is the Canelo-Cotto winner. Golov WANTS the winner. Assuming the winner fights him, he WILL beat the ever living shit outta them. At which point, guys like you will simply say "they were too small for him".

Yet at the SAME time, if Golov were to lose to Ward, you'd probably say that Dre "exposed" him, and attempt to refute any argument about Golov's lack of size being a factor.

So, while Golov's groupies are currently going overboard comparing him to guys like Robinson and Hagler, he also can't WIN with his haters also.

It seems at this point that you'll never be satisfied by Golov. Which is disappointing, considering you seemed to believe that both Stevens and Lemieux would "test" him. Golov batters both those guys around the ring like abused children, and you still cry that he hasn't proven himself.

I can't effin WAIT til Golov-Canelo, cause I know you think highly of the Ginger. Once Golov molests Canelo, what will your excuses be then?

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

So You Basically Want GGG to Get the "Wlad Klitschko Fights in a SHIT Era, But it's NOT his Fault" PASS???...The 160lb Division is Soooooooooo BAD, a Stench Emanates From it When You Look at the Rankings...They Should Be Called STANKings, in Fact...

Miguel Cotto was an UNDERSIZED Welter Who Won "The Linear Middleweight" Title...Who'd he Win it From???....A Career Loooooooooong JR. Middleweight...Who's he Fighting in the "Middleweight SUPER Fight of 2015"???...Another Career Loooooooooong JR. Middleweight...

HBO FELLATED GGG for his Disposal of Daniel Geale, yet Cotto (Who by his OWN Admission "Is NOT a Middleweight") Beat the Same Cat Even EASIER...Plain and Simply Put, the Middleweight Division is PUTRID...As Bad as it's EVER Been and Arguably as Bad as ANY Current Division in the Sport...Even 10 Years Ago, Cotto Wouldn't have Ventured Even 6 lbs South of the Division, but NOW it's a Safe Haven for Smaller Guys to Accentuate their Careers @ the Tail End (Cotto, Martinez)...

On the Strength of Being the Best Guy in THAT Division, You Think it's JUSTIFIED to Say GGG's "Proven"???...Sorry Bruh, but REED Respectfully DISAGREES...

REED:nono:

24. Xplosive

Yup. I'm with you on this one Sly.

REED simply doesn't like Golov. Muzse doesn't either.

Who exactly would he be satisfied to see Golov face? He's cleaning out 160. It's not even that 160 is a terrible division. He's simply HEAD and SHOULDERS above any other middleweight in the world.

REED likes Canelo though. It's gonna be a sad day for him next year when Golov makes Canelo's face match the color of his hair.

25. Xplosive

Then who would you like to see him face? Name names.

I'd like to see the Ward fight, but looks like that ones officially off the table. HBO is intent of Ward-Kov now.

Let's not forget, Golov was DOWN for and READY to travel to the UK for Froch. Froch retired rather than face him.

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

For @ Least the Last COUPLE Years Now, REED has Wanted to See GGG vs. ANY Supermiddle, Not Ward Exclusively:nono:...But As Usual, You See and REED What You WANT to, as it Pertains to REED's GGG Posts...

PRIOR to him Moving Up to Light Heavy, REED Thought Sakio Bika Would Be a Good Intro Opponent to '68...REED's Mentioned EITHER Dirrell Brother as Well...Badou Jack or George Groves Would Probably GLADLY Take it Up the Ass @ the Negotiating Table, to Get a NAME Like GGG's on their Ledger...

REED Gave Lemieux a PUNCHER's CHANCE of Making an Entertaining Go of it for 3-4 Rounds...To his Credit, GGG's Jab NULLIFIED the 1 Chance Lemieux Had and the Rest is History...Does that Somehow Illustrate how PROVEN GGG is, All of a Sudden???...

REED:mut:

27. Xplosive

Groves?? Jack?? The Dirrell brothers????

REED, you can't be fuckin serious. You CAN'T be serious. Those dudes are all mediocre fighters. They're SHIT, actually.

I'd MUCH rather see Golov-Canelo/Cotto than that bullshit.

More interesting to see Golov against a talented smaller man than SHITTY bigger ones.

There were only TWO supermiddles who would make an appealing fight with Golov - Ward and Froch. That's it.

Actually, I can't even call Canelo a smaller man than Golov anymore. Canelo has been shrinking himself down to 154 for years now. He's really a middleweight at this point.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  28. Xplosive

BTW - it wasn't JUST Golov's defense. The guy didn't turn into Nicolino Locche overnight. Lemieux DID hit Golov with several clean shots. Golov didn't blink from them. So, he's officially PROVEN his chin, given that LeMoo has more pop than Canelo and Cotto.

29. Ali

Ali Leap-Amateur

The same lot.who rate Tyson

Diss our eastern European Golovclit

Compare

Very interesting.

Also...in my.mind for the record.of.all.mindednessnessness....
    Lemoo had a plan. From experience.... When your head is.snapped back every few seconds by a.crisp to hard.to crisp to accurate to cute jab
    ...its disorientating

30. Ali

Ali Leap-Amateur

That jab though

Anyone else dissolve at seeing such beauty

As a total neutral boxing fan

I.mean I was.never even convinced of the cute little cunt. He is fucking awesome. Shame no.fucker wants to fight him/