::::NBA:::: 2016-2017-2018 Season

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    there was never any chance of george staying.

2. TexMex

TexMex Fightbeat IQ Champ

Oh I've seen enough and so has the national media to know WB is a stat stuffer. Why do the rebounds come naturally for him? Because the entire team is boxing out for him to get them!!

At this point, it's very difficult to say WB isn't a stat padder and be taken seriously.

Melo was kidding? Then why did he say that "the team didn't mind?"

I could care less about triple doubles anymore, WB has single handedly made them mean nothing.

Oladipo also said that it was practicing in the off season with Wade in Miami that contributed to his play this year.

WB will go down in history as players like Starbury, Francis, and Iverson.

There's a reason no one wants to play with him. PG will be gone, Melo will ask for a buyout. Durant had enough of his shit.

Getting manufactured triple doubles by leaving your man early & having your teammates box out for you, slam dunks, horrible inefficiency, and making mean faces doesn't make you a great player.

Shit like "Rubio, I'm going to shut that shit down" or whatever the fuck he said is just one of the many reasons I despise his ass. Was he not aware of what Rubio was doing last game? Or too busy looking for those stats?

Freak athlete, Forest Gump when it comes to BB IQ.

3. TexMex

TexMex Fightbeat IQ Champ

Within the next 20-30 seasons, perhaps you're right.

4. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I have no idea why the city of Oakland decided to blast a full minute of fireworks for the Dubs eliminating a Kawhi-less Spurs team. Maybe they were celebrating Ginobili's career

5. Neil

Sixers vs celtics or bucks is an interesting series

6. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Like I said, if you don’t watch the games you shouldn’t debate. The fact you’re claiming the whole team boxes out for him lets me know you don’t and that you’re just regurgitating national media bias which probably has it in for WB on account of how badly he treats them. When the ball goes up most of the team is running the court not boxing out. I say the rebounds come naturally to him because like Kevin Love WB is a naturally good rebounder who happens to have a very fast first jump. This is something most people don’t recognize but I’ve seen Russ in the post with centers and power forwards and he’ll often get to the ball first because of outstanding timing, a quick jump and flat out wanting it more.

Westbrook said if a teammate or anyone else wants the ball they'll go get it. I’ve seen him occasionally secure a rebound that a teammate was going to get, but it happens a lot less often then WB haters make out. In other words it’s not as a big a problem as the possibility of him leaving opponents open to go get a rebound which I’d actually be less inclined to argue doesn’t happen. Now whether he’s doing that specifically to pad stats or just feels a need to get the offense moving as quickly as possible is an entirely different debate.

Oladipo has been practicing with Wade since he came in the league. I’m also sure he has trainers and dieticians who’ve helped him reach the success he’s at now. According to him Westbrook played a big role in that as well but I’m sure you’d rather do like the rest of the WB haters and say he was a detriment.

Of those three, only one is a highly respected player, MVP and hall of famer. Barring a major injury that is easily the path WB is already on. Even if he never wins a championship that’s still a very successful NBA career as much as I’m sure you don’t want to hear it.

All season and most of these playoffs I’ve watched Russ give Melo and George the ball and try his best to get them and others involved in the offense and all season and especially in these playoffs I’ve watched them both brick open shot after open shot but of course it’s Russ’s fault they’re playing bad. Right? I mean he’s literally bad luck and causing them to miss right? Yes Russ often takes bad shots early in the clock but what great scorer doesn’t? To this day Durant continues to come down and take terrible three pointers off the dribble. Russ has also led the league in assists two seasons straight, so with all of that, please, explain to me what Russ is doing so bad that makes him hard to play with.

By the way, Paul George can kick rocks for all I care. With how he’s played most of this season I won’t miss him nearly as much as I miss Kanter. And if you think anyone in OKC wants Melo to come back next season you really haven’t been watching. You’re also nuts if you think Melo won’t pick up the option on the final year of his contract which pays him 28 million. So unfortunately he will be back in OKC next season.

Is Westbrook a flawed player? Of course he is, but he’s also a great player who brings it every night. It’s often hard to defend him especially after yesterday. He continued his historical run of being pretty bad in the playoffs where his worse regular season issues seem to get ramped up. Despite his bad qualities there are often games when his shot is falling, he’s hitting his teammates with perfect passes and he is single handily the best player on the court that reminds you how great he is and why you love him. It may not happen every game but then no player is great every game. Russ is like a three pointer, you live by him and die by him.

7. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    LeBron really is amazing, but his streak of going to the Finals probably ends this year. The Cavs needed LeBron to play out of his mind to barely win those 4 games

8. Neil

if cleveland makes it to the finals james will be spent. im sure he'll go 6 or 7 if they beat toronto and he'll need 35 to 40 every night if they are to win.

9. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

When will people realize that DeMar DeRozan is absolutely WORTHLESS come playoff time? Truly a fraud star.

10. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

They can dump DeRozan for George or Kawhi

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Like REED Says Everytime Toronto CHOKES in the Playoffs, DeRozan’s a 2nd Option Guy on a Championship Caliber Squad.

Lowry’s a 3rd Option Guy...

REED:cool:

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

If Philly Wins Game 5, They’re Gonna Fuck Around and STEAL the Series from Boston...

And That’s NOT Good for Cleveland, As They Match Up CONSIDERABLY Better w/the Celtics than the Sixers...

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Funny As Hell Seeing Golden State BITCHING to the League About Rondo PRETENDING To Put His Foot Under an Elevated Steph, to Take Out his Ankle...

Xplosive likes this.
  14. Xplosive

It's not happening, bruh.

There's a reason why no team in history has EVER come back from down 0-3.

15. Xplosive

I trust Lowry's offense in the playoffs more than DeRozan's. Lowry is a better player in general.

But no, neither one are first option type of guys.

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Again, if Philly Wins Game 5, That’s Exactly What Will Happen. Boston Gave Them a GLIMMER of Hope Last Night...1 More Win and Philly Will BELIEVE...

Worst Thing You Can Do is Give a YOUNG Team Confidence...

17. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

disagREED....

DeRozan’s Better, it’s Just That He Sucks More When They Inevitably Bump Heads w/Bron in the Playoffs...

DeRozan’s Better Than Lowry Though...

18. Neil

A heathly jrue holiday is a much better player than derozan as far as LA boys go

19. Neil

really if simmons didnt play dumb as fuck at the end of game 3 the series would be tied.

20. Xplosive

EASILY. DeRozan can literally do NOTHING else on a basketball court besides score... and he's not even an elite scorer, like a Bron, KD, Curry, Harden.

DeRozan plays putrid defense, and has no playmaking skills whatsoever.

I'd take Holiday over him 7 days a week.

21. Xplosive

Lowry is a capable defender, a much better shooter than DeRozan, and a solid playmaker. DeRozan, as I said, is PURELY a scorer.... and isn't even an elite scorer.

The Kobe comparisons that DeRozan has sometimes received are laughable... he's a lot closer to Jerry Stackhouse level than Kobe level. Only I think prime Stackhouse was in fact better.

22. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Finishing w/Just 1 Point ISN'T "Playing Dumb as Fuck", it's NOT Playing @ All...

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Who's Comparing Him to Kobe???

DeRozan Averaged 23, 5 & 4 This Year, on 46%FG. Career Average of 20, 4 & 3, 45%FG...Lowry Averaged 16, 6 & 7 This Year, Career Average of 14, 4 and 6.

DeRozan > Lowry

24. Xplosive

1. Usually delusional Raptors fans. I've heard him referred to as "Kobe-lite" before. In reality, even the OLDER, past prime Kobe was better than the BEST version of DeRozan.

2. Stats don't tell the full story, especially considering the playoffs are what REALLY counts, and in the playoffs, DeRozan is BAD... for an all star caliber player, he's EXTREMELY bad in the playoffs.

Lowry has always been the leader and catalyst of that Raptors team. DeRozan was always the highest scorer, but that doesn't always translate into being the best player.

25. Neil

He had 16 points 8 rebounds and 8 assists in game 3

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Stands Corrected...

That 1 Handed Inbounds Pass was Dumb for Sure, but Not as Dumb as that Cross Court Shit Reddick Threw, to NO ONE in Particular...

@ Least You Could Tell Who Simmons was TRYING to Pass To...

27. Neil

reddick fucked up as well. but the real dumb shit he did was when he got the rebound with philly up by 1 point and about 20 seconds left or some shit. rather than pulling the ball out and giving it to reddick or some other good FT shooter, he tried to shoot a floater and missed.

very disappointing for someone with his level of basketball IQ

28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

1. If Anything, DeRozan’s More of a Poor Man’s DWade, Stylistically, in REED’s Opinion. Kills You from Mid-Range and Via Slashing, In Lieu of the 3.

Wade SHITS on DeRozan Head to Head, But There’s Glimpses of Him In DeMar’s Game.

2. Stats Tell SOME of the Story Though, Bruh. When You CONSISTENTLY Outperform Another Player Statistically, Chances Are You’re BETTER.

DeMar’s Only a BAD Playoff Performer When He Faces LeBron, and He’s EPICLY Bad in Those Instances. But Just Last Series Alone, vs. the Wizards, DeRozan Had 3 30pt Games.

Lowry’s a Dime-a-Dozen PG in the League. DeRozan’s a LEGIT Perennial All-Star; a Top 10-20ish Player for Sure.

29. Neil

Mitchell reminds me of a young wade more tha n derozan does

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

agREED...

If DeRozan’s a “Poor Man’s DWade”, Donovan Mitchell Could Very Well BE “The Next DWade”...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.