((((NBA)))) --2018/2019 SEASON

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Nobleart, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Russ Picked the WRONG One in Lillard…This was Obvious By Game 3...

Dudes Typically Wear # 0 for a Reason, They Have CHIPS on their Shoulders...Lillard's Isn't as Big or OUTWARD as Russ', but it's THERE...And Lillard's NOT the Type of Dude to Let an Opponent Play to the Crowd, Gesture and Be Demonstrative @ HIS Expense, w/Out Repercussions...

Russ Had Lillard's FULL Attention, EVERY Game...The 25 or 27pt Quarter Lillard Had in OKC was BECAUSE of Russ' Rock the Cradle Shit...& Now He's Gotta SIT On This All Summer Looooooong…

OKC Obviously Needs Shooting...BADLY...Surround Russ w/Shooters, Because he Penetrates @ Will...Force the Defense to Collapse then Dish it Off...

Predictably, Fans are Dogpiling...This is the Happiest that Racist Fan in Utah has Been SINCE Being Banned for Life from Jazz Games...But it'd Be UNWISE to Write Off Russell Westbrook...

REED:cool:

TexMex likes this.
  2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I think it's pretty damn safe to write off Westbrook as guy who can lead a team to a ring.

He's not that guy.

TexMex likes this.
  3. TexMex

TexMex Fightbeat IQ Champ

Russell Westbrook

That's all I'm going to do, the rest is very accessible if you have an internet connection. 9.1 uncontested rebounds. That would lead the NBA. An uncontested rebound is one where another player isn't within 3.5 feet of you.

It's really irrelevant at this point. We'll see if he makes adjustments to his game. This whole stat padding triple double thing that no one really cares about anymore is just me giving one of the reasons why i don't like the dude.

George is the better player, and you're correct, he fell off. I'll reserve judgement until I see exactly what was up with that shoulder. You could definitely be on to something.

4. TexMex

Now this I can 100% agree with, great take. I love Dame, even though he killed my team 5 yrs ago. I like that he don't take shit off nobody, plays his game, and let's that do the talking.

The other guy is different, you know how I feel about him Reed. :D

As far as the addition of shooters and driving and kicking out, we'll that's better than Barkley's plan of making him a SG. It would be very difficult for them to acquire shooters however as they aren't cheap these days and OKC's payroll is at 150 million. Maybe it's time for Presti to go.

5. TexMex

I agree, maybe he would shoot less, he needs to at the % he shoots at. Also WB needs to chill just a bit when he's driving in, a lot of times he's out of control, I think if he took a Xanax he'd be a better player. I get that one of his strengths is his relentlessness, but throwing the ball out of bounds, getting called for offensive, or just missing the layup when he's taking it to the rack is hurting himself & the team. He will be 31 next year, calm down not so young man, be a little more graceful.

6. TexMex

Do the Clippers take it to 7 games? If they get a star this off-season, their tickets will cost more than the Lakers :eek:

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Russ DIDN'T Come Into the League w/That Weight on His Shoulders Though...

Again, Dude Rocks # 0 for a REASON...NO ONE Was Checking for Him Like THAT Coming Out of College NOR Entering the Pros...Honestly, Westbrook is Probably THE Reason OKC Started Forging a Reputation for Having Strong Front Offices, Pulling UNKNOWN Diamonds from the Rough...Literally, That was Westbrook...

It's Not Like Russ Was Some Heavily Touted, "Can't Miss" NBA Prospect...At All...And Until KD Left 3 Seasons Ago, Russ HADN'T Been "The Man" on a Team in his NBA Life...

Beyond Westbrook Himself Saying "My Goal is a Championship", or Whatever, Who Else Has Placed Him on a Pedestal as THE Guy on a Championship Team???...

8. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Dude you’re focusing on one singular aspect of a guy’s game when there are so many more things you could nit pick about Russ. Once again I don’t care if Russ leads the league in uncontested rebounds, that doesn’t diminish much less prove he isn’t a very good rebounder overall and an all time great one for his position. All that stat proves is that his numbers are being padded a bit.

Also why do you give a shit about playing the game with honor when Harden does similarly shady shit to get his points by flopping for free throws and stuff?

9. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

The thing is, Westbrooks rebound stat padding isn't necessarily without a purpose. I don't remember the exact numbers but the reason they want Westbrook to get a rebound, say over a guy like Adams, is he gets the ball down the floor much quicker, and without Durant on the team and or any number of other reliable 3 shooters, transition offense is a much more important thing to the Thunder to capitalize on, then it is for other teams who can afford to be more patient and spread the ball around to the open 3 guy.

I believe this was a couple years ago, so I don't know how it applies statistically to this year, but the points per possession was much higher for the Thunder when Westbrook grabbed the rebound, compared to when anybody else on the team grabbed the rebound.

So, while Westbrooks game doesn't endear himself to lots of analytical critiques, the rebounding one was actually something that was working out to his teams benefit.

Oh...............and good point about Harden. Fuck that guy, LOL!

10. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:

The only bit I disagree with is giving Westbrook shooters...when he drives he still won't kick. I know you're not a Durant fan but Kev wasn't all that wrong about him. Much like Kyrie, I can't see him being "the man" on a championship team.

Russ has the dog in him, he's missing the clutch gene...the one Dame has proven he possesses.

11. lb 4 lb

Dude if you don’t watch the team you probably shouldn’t post what you think is the case or what you hear others say, because like you they’re probably just repeating old myths that don’t hold water.

To say Westbrook wouldn’t pass to shooters is asinine and shows your ignorance on the subject. Not only did he lead the league in assists this year just like last year, but he also lead the league in potential assists which means his teammates brick a lot of the shots he sets up for them.

Many have pointed out how Westbrook took a back seat to Paul George earlier this season when PG was putting up MVP numbers. But when George’s offense fell off (much like the rest of the teams did) Russ was forced to force more of the offensive action. OKC had the worst offense in the league after the all star break and while many would like to pin that on Russ, he wasn’t the only one on the team shooting bricks.

12. TexMex

Oh I nitpick about everything, don't worry. His stat padding is just one of the main things I don't like about the guy.

There's no point mentioning Westbrook in the same sentence as Harden, James is on another level. Flopping? Ha, everyone in the NBA does that.

Westbrook is done. Dame broke that dude.

13. lb 4 lb

Well the funny thing about his rebound padding is there has never been any actual evidence that he does it. Sure people say he does it but like I said, I watch every game and it isn’t obvious. In fact I see many more instances of rebounds falling near him and another teammate and Westbrook letting the teammate get it. If you believe otherwise I ask you to post a YouTube video that proves it.

They play in the same league so you kind of have to. And just because most players flop doesn’t make it right. Besides, nobody gets away with more stuff or gets more leeway with the refs than Harden. It’s gotten so bad that a ton of players have gone in on Harden and his style lately. I don’t hate Harden though, I love his work ethic and think he’s probably top 3 in the league and kind of underrated. There’s something to be said for a guy who’s been 1-2 in MVP voting for 5 years running. I just don’t like watching him hunt fouls the way he does. Unlike you I can still appreciate the positive things a player like him brings to the game rather than letting one little dislike and the fact he isn’t on my team make me a hater.

Last season most people thought Dame was broken by AD. Instead it pushed Dame to improve so you never know. To be honest though I doubt Westbrook is going to improve. Not only is he older, losing athleticism and offensive skills but he just flat out was never able to effectively improve on any of his weaknesses other than maybe being a better point guard/assist maker. I doubt Dame broke Russ though. If I had to guess I think Russ will show up next year pretty much the same guy as he was this year and he likely won’t average a triple double again.

14. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Leonard and siakam are reminiscent of Jordan and pippen defensively

lb 4 lb likes this.
  15. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Giannis is literally diet young Bron with the Cavs, same role-playing 3-point shooters and all.

So that means he won't win in Milwaukee, and some bigger market team will steal him and that team will win a title

16. lb 4 lb

They actually kind of remind me of those two more from an offensive perspective than a defensive one.

17. lb 4 lb

Funny thing about me debating with TexMex so much is that I’m actually rooting for Harden and his Rockets now, such is my extreme hatred of GState.

By the way this game was a reffing fuck up. They constantly let The Warrior defenders land in Harden’s landing space when contesting his three pointers. Harden would fall down every time and I think the refs took that as Harden trying to sell the foul but I believe Harden was doing it to ensure he wouldn’t land on the defender’s foot and wind up injuring his own ankle.

18. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

LOL, c'mon. You drinking the Harden Kool-Aid now?

I've said it a million times. This motherfucker would rather miss an open shot, then miss the opportunity to go full retard.

He shot 14 free throws as it was. Him bitching about the refs treatment of him, is like the Kardashians bitching about not getting enough coverage on social media.

Oh, he's sooooo smart..................it's part of the game now and he's the best at it....................fuck that shit. I've always liked Chris Paul to, even though I've always known he's been a bit of a crybaby throughout his entire career (he's also been a grinder, a teammate motivator, and a historically efficient PG), but the Harden stink is rubbing off on him now to. Fuck those guys. Refs won't allow it but I hope Golden State sweeps them under the rug, though I wouldn't be shocked if Houston came back and won the whole thing TBH.

19. Muzse

Home Page:
    Westbrook played with one of the greatest scorers/shooters this game has ever seen. There are hours of video of that same guy standing and clapping for the ball.

That guy decided he had enough and couldn't win with him.

To think Russ would suddenly develop the aptitude or desire to consistently kick out to inferior players is ridiculous.

20. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
  21. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Double Cunt!

Landing Spot? Fuck you! It get tiring when even the announcers are buying this shit.

Harden not only jumps forward when he shoots in a totally unnatural motion......he also kicks his legs forward in mid-air after he releases the shot. His "Landing Spot" is supposed to be about a 5 yard radius? If he shot to actually make the shot, more of his shit might actually go in the basket.

Dov Kleiman on Twitter

22. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Nah, Harden Typically Jumps Outward TOWARDS the Defender...

"Law of Verticality" Entitles the Jump Shooter to Land Untouched from the Spot he Shot From...Harden Rarely Does That...In Fact, of the 4-5 Instances Being Replayed Today, REED Only Saw 1 Where Harden was LITERALLY Fouled (When Klay Thompson Turned to Box him Out)...

The Rest was BULLSHIT the Refs Refused to Buy Into or Fall For...

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

The ULTIMATE Pot/Kettle/Black Moment...

Players that Rely on MANIPULATION and REF BAITING are the Worst...It's a Tacit Admission You're NOT Good Enough to Beat the Man Across from you HONESTLY...Instead of CONNING the Ref into THINKING This or That Happened, How About BEATING Your Fucking Man???...

ACTING Like You were Fouled or FLOPPING Your Way in the Good Graces of Ref's is CHICKENSHIT Basketball, Period...Guys Usually Do it @ the Tail End of their Careers, When Athleticism Has Waned...

Harden's Tactics are an INSULT to His Legitimate Talent and He's THE LAST Motherfucker That Should EVER Bitch About Not Getting Calls...

24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

There's Hours of Video of That Same Guy MISSING Wipe Open Jumpers and/or SETTLING for Jumpers w/6' Motherfuckers Like Chris Paul Guarding Him, Also...

Durant Decided he Had Enough Because He was PART of the 3-1 Choke Job to G-State...Unless You're HONESTLY Telling REED that was All on Russ???...Are You Honestly Telling REED JOINING the Team He Helped BLOW a 3-1 Lead to Wasn't WEAK As Hell on the Part of KD???...Weakest, Most BETA Minded Shit REED's Ever Seen from a Certified "Great" Player...

Russell Westbrook COMFORTABLY Led the League in Assists this Year Muzse...You're Just HATING w/This Post Bruh...

25. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Would Be Funny as Hell if Harden, Paul or ANY Player INJURED Themselves Blatantly MANIPULATING Refs Like That...

Just PLAY Ball Bruh...Leave the Bullshit to the Side...Are You the Better PLAYER Or Just Better @ MANIPULATING Ref's for Your Own Benefit???...

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

No Mention of Harden Pushing Off w/his Right Forearm Either...

As Such, Fuck Dov Kleiman, Whoever That Is...

REED:D

27. Muzse

Home Page:

Not hating on Russ at all. I like Russ.

Yes he led the league in assists. Yes he's averaged a triple double the past three seasons...BTW, I saw his press conference answers as well, no need to regurgitate his quotes. With that said, because he's such a poor shooter (which he sarcastically said he'd address this off-season) he should average more assists because he should shoot less. When he had a shooter, he didn't utilize him.

Your anti-Durant stance is well documented. I don't look at Durant joining GS any differently as I do Bron joining Wade and Bosh in Miami. 'HOWEVER" one could say part of Bron's motivation to leave was finding out Delonte West was banging his mother.

28. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    James could just have had west exiled if that was the issue. He left to play with wade

29. lb 4 lb

To judge a player today on mistakes he made so early in his career while at the same time not giving him credit for the growth he’s obviously made is unfair don’t you think? Leading the league in assists 2 years in a row and taking a back seat to Paul George this season shows he did eventually develop the aptitude you speak of.

If you’re going to continue to not acknowledge it seems like you’re a hater to me. Since you say you’re such a fan of Westbrook however I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you want to follow the crowd and just criticize Westbrook because it’s the thing to do. Either way, your point of view makes zero sense to me.

30. lb 4 lb

Look I hate the way Harden plays for fouls as much as anyone but when it comes to people walking under someone’s feet like that it has to be consistently called. Hate Harden all you want but nobody wants to see another series marred by a team’s superstar getting his ankle twisted like Khawi did. And I disagree Reed that Harden was at fault on those shots. Maybe the Draymond one was arguable but Thompson was blatantly walking under Harden’s feet and remaining there while turning to see if the shot went in.

I also saw 3 missed traveling violations a double dribble and an obvious back court violation right in the refs face. Funny thing is, all these uncalled violations were committed by GState players. Could all this have something to do with it coming to light that Houston submitted a formal complaint report regarding the officiating in last season’s western finals claiming it cost them the championship?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.