((((NBA)))) --2018/2019 SEASON

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Nobleart, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    thompson was clearly taking advantage of the refs not calling him for invading hardens landing space after they didnt call it the first time

2. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Watching the Denver-Portland series I surprisingly found myself rooting hard for Portland and yelling at the tv like it was an OKC game. The main reason is because even though we traded him away I still got made love for Enis Kanter whom I’d trade in a second for the overrated Adams.

Denver won but I’d be shocked if Murray plays that good in every game, as his consistent inconsistency is the main thing stopping him from becoming a star. I think Denver wins the series as I doubt Portland can do anything about Jokic and it doesn’t help when they make Milsap look like he’s 27 years old.

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

He "Didn't Utilize" His Shooter???...

Durant Had Season Averages of 32, 30, 28.2, 28.1 and 28, ALL w/Westbrook Running Point...How is that NOT Utilizing Your Shooter Muzse???...This Narrative that Russ was Holding KD Back is FALSE Bruh...

Bron Leaving Cleveland Is ENTIRELY Different than KD Joining Golden State...Now, if Bron Joined Boston's Big 3 (Who Eliminated Cleveland Prior to Bron Bouncing), THAT'D Be Similar...But Even Then, Bron Would have to CHOKE AWAY a 3-1 Series Lead, THEN Join Boston, for it to Be 100% Analogous...

In the COMPETITIVE World of Professional Sports, What Durant Did is WEAK as Fuck Bruh...You Normally Take the Ol' School Angle in Sports Debates & Across the Board, Ol' School Hoopers Universally BASHED Durant's Move...

REED:cool:

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

We'll have to Agree to Disagree Bruh...

For 1, Pachulia and Bruce Bowen Would Place Their FOOT in the Shooter's Landing Spot, Whereas Klay Turned His Back to Block Out...2nd, Only Once Did Harden Appear to Go STRAIGHT UP and DOWN While Klay was in his Space...

The Shooter is Entitled to LAND in the Spot he JUMPED From; Not Several Feet In Front, Behind or to the Side of Where he Jumped From...In MOST of those Game 1 Instances, Harden Jumped OUT a Good 2-3 Feet FROM the Spot he Shot From...That's Not a Foul Bruh...

REED Will AGREE Changes Need to Be Made w/the Refs Though...They're Waaaaaaaaaaaaay Toooooooooooooo SENSITIVE and TRIGGER Happy When Challenged...REED Thinks Ref's Should Be Subject to Post Game Interviews Just as Players and Coaches Are...

The More ACCOUNTABLE Refs Are Held, the BETTER They'll Perform...Guarantee It...

The Genius likes this.
  5. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I completely agree with you about Durant’s move in that it was weak and it’s the reason I’ve rooted against GState every year since he joined. The funny thing is once he leaves there I think the Warriors will actually be better because they’ll be able to balance out there team with better role players instead of being so top heavy and having to rely so much on the stars.

Also Durant has been painting this narrative about he’s the best player in the league now and a lot of analysts are agreeing with him including Stephen A Smith. Sure Durant made his bones in the playoffs looking amazing and what not, but that’s kind of easy to do when you’re not being double teamed because the splash brothers are on the floor with you. I say let’s wait til next year when Durant is on the Knicks and dealing with the kind of defenses guys like Harden and Khawi have to face.

Well I could actually be wrong about the Harden thing. A lot of analysts have also said Harden has been jumping forward. Watching the game it didn’t appear to me that he was but maybe it was slight enough that I didn’t notice.

I actually listened to a podcast that said the Rockets sent a complaint to the head referee office complaining about them using experienced referees for the post season games. Basically their issue was they can’t manipulate those refs as easily as they can the newer ones. The balls of those guys, it’s almost enough to make me root against them in the Warriors series.

Almost.

6. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Actually stayed up for the 4OT game last night. Entertaining as hell. McCollum was a Terminator from the 4th quarter on. Jokic was gassed in Overtime though. They should have figured out a way to give him a break. He couldn't do much more then act like a decoy and pass the ball off for the last 20+ minutes of the game.

Also nice to see two teams not flopping all over the place and crying to the refs all game.

7. Neil

That had to be a back breaking loss for denver

8. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Would Be Shocked if EITHER Team Has Much to Offer Tomorrow...

9. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Jokic gonna get a DNP tomorrow

10. Neil

Siakam may get a dnp today. Philly surprising me this serie . Toronto is probably toast without him

11. Dog Jones

Curry is shot

12. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Who is the best player in the league this season?

13. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

I lost count of the number of layups he missed. I assume the dislocated finger was throwing him off. He's a finesse player so the littlest thing out of whack can screw him up.

14. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

I assume Harden will get the MVP.

I pick Durant as the best player in the league, Harden right behind him, and Giannis right behind him. Durant is head and shoulders the best player in the Playoffs right now.

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Would Say Giannis...

His Team Wins, He Puts Up #'s and There's ZERO Manipulation in his Game...Giannis Simply Walks on the Court and Whups Your Ass...He Plays BOTH Ends of the Floor and SHARES the Rock Also...

As Noble Stated, KD's Been THE Best Playoff Performer This Year...

Dame Lillard WAS in the Discussion, But w/Out Westbrook Constantly Fueling Him, Dame's Performances have Dipped (Though Portland IS Up 2-1)...Kawhi's Having a STELLAR Playoff Run Also...

The ONLY Missing Component from Giannis is a Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Playoff Run...

16. Dog Jones

He's close to DWade status during the last year of Bron on the Heat

17. Dog Jones

18. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

No, Giannis will get MVP.

19. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

That would make me happy, but I'll be surprised.

20. Neil

Seth is clearly the top curry in the league now

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

There ALWAYS Seems to Be Something w/Joel Embiid...

It's Bad Enough He's Played No More than 64 Games a Season, in What's Supposed to Be The HEALTHIEST Portion of his Career...There's Also Rumors He Has the Same Chronic Tendinitis that Ended Andrew Bynum's Career Prematurely...

Fresh Off a Brilliant Game 3 (33pts, 10rebs, 5blks, 3ast), Embiid's Game 4 Performance is Compromised from Being "Sick"???...

Embiid's Personality is GOOD For the Game and REED Likes Watching Dude Play, But it Must Be HELL on Philly Coaches, Fans and Teammates, NOT Knowing What They're Going to Get from Him, Game to Game...

22. Dog Jones

Embiid is fat.

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Absolutely...

The Excuse is his Tendinitis PREVENTS Him from Running as Much as he Should, to Keep the Weight Down:D...

Like REED Said, There's ALWAYS Something w/Embiid...ALWAYS a "But" or Some Last Minute Shit that "Just Came Up", Chipping Away @ His Overall RELIABILITY as a Player...

As Jerry Jones Said, "The Most Important Ability an Athlete Can Have is AVAILABILITY."

24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

While REED's Dogpiling Embiid, Shout Out to Ben "Self Checked" Simmons...

25. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I think he's pretty clearly the front-runner.

MVP is still heavily weighed by wins - Bucks finished with the league's best record, Giannis has single handedly turned around their franchise, Bucks will go deeper in the playoffs, Harden ALREADY won it last year, all the cards are in Giannis' favor.

26. Neil

I didn't understand why Durant wanted to leave the warriors but lookin at them now it makes sense

They probably wouldnt be able to keep him, Thompson and green.

Curry is unreliable and on the decline

And igoudala / Livingston are older

He sees the writing on the wall with them the same way did James did when he left miami

27. Dog Jones

I don't see Durant going to a shite ownership in New York even though a ton of people are certain that James Dolan is going to swoop him up. Watch the Knicks big off-season signing is Tobias Harris lol

I see him doing another 1+1 with the Dubs unless Toronto makes the Finals. Then Kawhi becomes convinced he could win a title over there and allows Masai to re-sign him, which makes LA Clippers, who were gonna attempt to sign Kawhi in the off-season, push for KD instead. That's where I think in my mind he signs with

28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

The Other Side of that Coin is KD Doesn't Have to Invest as Much of Himself in the Regular Season, Which Allows Him to Be an Assassin Come Playoff Time...

As Currently Constructed, KD Can Takes Quarters, Halves or Even GAMES Off, Yet GS Still Wins and Maintains Strong Playoff Position...But if KD Goes to the Knicks (For Example), They'll Be SCRATCHING and CLAWING Their Way to the Playoffs and KD Will Need to Be THAT DUDE More Often Than Not, to Get Them There...

Very QUIETLY, KD Will Turn 31 This Year...That's an Age Where Superstars Do JUST ENOUGH in the Regular Season, to Pave the Playoff Way...

29. Neil

Speaking of Leonard, the guy is having an all time great series vs philly so far

Somehow managed to get them a road win with about 10% from siakam

If Durant goes to the Knicks it surely will be with the knowledge that some or at least 1 other bigtime player is joining him there

30. Dog Jones

If Celts can't pull off three in a row, does Kyrie pout his way to the Knicks or the Clips

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.