>>>>>NBA<<<<< 2019 - 2020 SEASON

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Tacko COULD Have Declined as Well...Dude was Dressed About as NICE as a 7'5" Motherfucker Could EVER Hope to Be, and REED Certainly Wouldn't Have Faulted Tacko @ All for Passing On Being Part of the Act...

But That's Just It, Tacko Seems ACUTELY Aware of How/When to Poke Fun @ Himself or Play Into the "Gentle, Accommodating GIANT" Image...Literally, Dude Got MORE All Star Votes Than Devin Booker, as a Gimmick:Dont:...

Both Dunkers Copied Each Other Towards the End, but the Bottom Line Is, Jones Jr. DIDN'T Get 5 Consecutive 50's, the Way Gordon Did:Dont:...Should've Been a TIE or W for Gordon in REED's Opinion...

Thing w/Gordon Is, He REALIZES His Lot in NBA Life...Doubtful He'll EVER Be an All-Star and His HIGHEST Profile Moments Have All Been NBA Dunk Contests...He's Easily 1 of THE 5 Best Dunkers in the History of the Competition, Yet Hasn't Won Even 1nce???...

REED:Hammer

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

While REED Certainly ISN'T Disagreeing, Gordon was Equally INCREDIBLE in That Contest Bruh...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Most definitely. In fact I think it’s the greatest dunk contest ever. Most won’t agree with that because of the history of Jordan versus Wilkins but I think in terms of a higher level of athleticism, amount of never before seen dunks, and how often they managed those dunks on the first attempt all puts it at number one to me. And I agree that in 2016 Gordon definitely was right there as far as winning it, I just don’t think he was robbed. It was close and IMO the right guy won but it certainly wasn’t a robbery.

REEDsART likes this.
  4. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I rewatched Jordan vs Wilkins from '88 today. Nobody looking them objectively could say that 88 > 16 in this competition. Honestly, they are not in the same league.

Of course, there are a lot of reasons. Back in the 80s there were fewer breaks in the game, which is why basketball was more about endurance than it is now. The players back then were leaner, while now most of them are heavily muscled explosive guys. Also, Jordan and Wilkins were basketball players first, dunked second.

Be as it may, MJ wouldn't make it into the finals of 2016

REEDsART and lb 4 lb like this.
  5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Westbrook :Cowboy:

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Must SUCK to Be a Die-Hard Houston Rocket Fan KNOWING The Reason for Their BEST Stretch of Play This Season is the Very Player You LOATHE Most, Russell Westbrook, Huh???:duck:...

1 Game Removed from Being the #2 Seed in the Western Conference Bruh!..Ask Jalen Brown if Russ has "Lost a Step"...

You're THE ONLY Motherfucker In Houston That Would Want CP3 Back, In Lieu of Russ...

Russ - 27.6pts, 7.9reb, 7.2ast, 1.7stl
    CP3 - 17.5pts, 5reb, 6.7ast, 1.5stl

NATHAN to See Here Folks!!!...Your Bearded Hero Damn Sure DOESN'T Miss CP3's Ass, Neither Does Blake Griffin, De'Andre Jordan, Doc or Austin Rivers...

You Used to Call Russ a "Stat Padder", Accusing the Team of ALLOWING Him to Get Rebounds, Which Was Always a Fallacy...Steven Adams Averaged 9 and 9.5 Boards Per Game in Russ' Last 2 Triple Double Seasons and He's Averaging 9.4 Boards Now That Russ is Gone:Dont:...

BULLSHIT!!!

REED Won't Even Get into the Harden Ref Baiting Shit w/You, Because REED's Debated Enough w/You Over the Years to KNOW You'd Agree 100% w/All the Harden Criticisms in This Thread if He WEREN'T a Houston Rocket...

But Yeah, Couldn't Resist Reminding You of the Man MOST Responsible for YOUR Teams Most Impressive Stretch of Games This Season...

Enjoy the Playoffs Sir!!!

[​IMG]

REED:duck:

PS. "You Can't Go to the Supermarket and Buy HEART" - Mike D'Antoni

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  7. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Yeah, Westbrook playing great lately. All he had to do was start laying off the 3's, and stop trying to be something he's not. Houston has other shooters who do that already, so it takes that weight off his shoulders a bit. Took him a little while to figure that out though, which is pretty common for any guy going to a new team.

REEDsART likes this.
  8. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    I have a holiday week and thus I was able to watch the Rockets vs Celtics game. Celtics seemed to walk it early but somehow Rockets were able to slow things down and make their physicality count. Westbrook took care of the rest

REEDsART likes this.
  9. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Chris Paul having a nice age 34 season though. He's slowed down some, but he's as efficient and more durable then he's been in quite some time. Thunder also better then most expected them to be when they inherited gimpy Chris Paul after last season.

REEDsART likes this.
  10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Obviously, Russ has NEVER Met a Shot he Didn't Like, But REED Thinks the Overabundance of 3's This Season were Borne out of D'Antoni's System...

Russ NEVER Attacked the Basket LESS Than he Did Early This Season; Now He's Back to Doing What he Does Best AND Eliminating the 3-Ball from His Game Almost Entirely...

The PERCEPTION of Westbrook is this Wild Ass, Reckless, Uncoachable Dude, yet D'Antoni's Seemed to Crack the Code a Bit...

REED:Cowboy:

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

True...

The Trade to OKC was Viewed as a Death Sentence to Most NBA Followers, Yet CP3 is Rejuvenated for Sure...The Alley-Oooop He Caught in the Recent All-Star Game is 1 of THE More Shocking Plays REED's Seen This Season...

REED's Seen Paul Dunk Before, Several Years Ago (Charlotte Hornet Days), But NEVER Saw Dude Catch an Oooop!!!...

REED:freaked:

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

13. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Both are super-competitive dudes who rub some people/players/fans the wrong way, but in different ways. Russ's is inward, and he just plays balls-out, while CP3 is a perfectionist, not only for himself but for his team-mates.

I get the feeling Russ's team-mates generally like him more (Durant notwithstanding), while Paul's team-mates respect him more, but don't neccesarily "like" him. I don't think either guy really cares whether anybody "likes" them though.

14. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
  15. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

HaHa, didn't see that already. I wouldn't think he could still do that.

REEDsART likes this.
  16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

To Your Point, CP3 Is/Was/May Still Be the President of the NBA Player's Union...He's the Guy You WANT Arguing for Player's Rights or Suggesting Investment Tips...

Russ is the Dude You Invite to a Cook-Out, a Fight Watching Party and WANT In a Dark Alley w/You...

17. lb 4 lb

Lol. Yeah I asked Mex how he felt about Russ since his improvement back in January but he’s been consistently absent from the boards. I always thought it was funny how Rockets’ fans who hated Russ’ guts ended up with him. It’s hard to hate a guy who plays with the amount of passion, heart and energy every single night that Russ does even when he can occasionally misguide that energy/passion.

Another funny thing to me is how nobody talks about how bad Harden has been playing. He hasn’t been bad in fact he’s been pretty good but he’s been getting his numbers mostly through volume. He pretty much stopped going to the rim and keeps ball stopping with an exaggerated dribble routine through his legs that ends in a stepback or sidestep three pointer. He isn’t setting up teammates or playing the game with any intention other than getting buckets. It looks like all he cares about is leading the league in scoring which he actually bigged up during an interview with Rachel Nichols. Meanwhile everyone keeps mentioning Harden in MVP discussions which I feel is unwarranted but then again I thought the same thing about Paul George last season.

18. lb 4 lb

Another funny thing is how CP3 was on my short list of most hated players in the league and now that he’s on my team I love the guy. I even like when he gets fouls on rip through moves even though I hate that its allowed to happen. I love Russ but CP3 brings a calm steady hand unlike any OKC has ever had. I can’t tell you how many games we would have lost the past 3 years that CP3 personally guided us to wins in. I actually think he could be an MVP considerate if his numbers were higher.

When it comes to teammates someone had a theory that CP3 works better when he’s the biggest star on the team like he is in OKC. That way there are no feathers to ruffle because everyone respects him. Although they didn’t say it, a few of his younger teammates actually seem to like CP3 better than Russ because CP3 actually seems to have a hands on approach to guiding and teaching them stuff. They loved Russ too but you could tell they appreciate CP3 more. In fact it was said that Russ’ behavior in OKC created a tense environment around the whole organization that became more relaxed the moment he left.

I look at Russ versus CP3 like dating a chick. Russ is a chick with double d’s thick and curvy and the sex is crazy good with threesomes and all. At the same time she’s hood and crazy and liable to stab you one week and key your car the next. CP3 is a short haired pretty chick with a nice slim figure. She always got the house cleaned and dinner is always on time. One of these chicks is fun as hell, the other one is marriage material. And at the moment other than a couple outbursts the big haired chick with the double d’s has been acting very chill for the past couple months.

I don’t know if it’s true but I heard they actually just voted Kyrie Irving as the new President of NBAPU. I hope for their sakes it isn’t true.

19. Neil

I bet on the clippers to win the title at +275. Kinda shitty odds but it was money I won on the roman gonzalez fight

20. lb 4 lb

I think you’re going to win that and only bad health can stop it. I watched the Clippers play OKC and the Clips just did whatever they wanted. Coasted to a nice lead and when we came back they just clamped down a little on defense and easily took back their lead. I mean we absolutely couldn’t score when they wanted to stop us. At the same time we had trouble scoring against Detroit last night so I don’t know how much to buy into all that but from what I saw, the Clips look dangerous as hell.

Neil likes this.
  21. Neil

Rockets getting their shit pushed in at home by clippers

22. lb 4 lb

Thanks for the heads up, I won’t bother watching this one.

23. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    Rockets got whipped bad. They shot terribly from behind the arc, but it had a lot to do with Clippers' clever defense which was almost a zone defense with quick switches.

Rockets kept forcing the three even though Clips contested nearly every shot and it became a blowout. Especially Harden took shitload of bad shots, lost the ball often and didn't bother to play defense. Westbrook did what he could but he was left alone

24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

LIVE By the 3, DIE By the 3...

Clippers 13/40, 32.5%
    Rockets 7/42, 16.7%

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  25. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Potentially, the Clippers Could Have THE Best Team Defense Since the Bad Boy Detroit Pistons of the Late 80's-Early 90's...Minus the Rough House Tactics...

OVERRELIANCE on 3's is Emphasized By D'Antoni, for Better or Worse, as Is "Small Ball"...That Resulted in Houston Getting PUMMELED On the Boards by the Knicks a Couple Games Ago, 65-34!!! 20-8 On the Offensive Boards...

REED:duck:

Ugotabe Kidding likes this.
  26. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

If Clippers don't win the title then Kawhi did too much load managing. 10-0 when everyone is healthy; no reason there shouldn't be a championship rally at the new SoFi Stadium in June

27. Dog Jones

D'Antoni loves his midget ball

28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

agREED...

The Clippers Championship Chances are DIRECTLY Tied to Their Playoff Seeding...As REED Types, the Clips are the 2-Seed, But That Affords Little if ANY More "Load Management" in the Final 20 or So Remaining Regular Season Games...

That Said, if the Clips Win the 'Ship Kawhi is THE Undisputed Best Player in the League, By Virtue of PERSONAL NBA Championship Repeat...

29. Dog Jones

All they have to do is stay the 2nd seed and they get home court for the western cinference playoffs. And judging on how the Bucks look against the Lakers right now, the Clips would shut down the Bucks in a seven game series. Giannis, much like a young Bron on Cleveland, does NOT have a 2nd star to carry the load (Khris Middleton doesn't look like that guy to do it)

Neil likes this.
  30. Dog Jones

I didn't know Jeff Van Gundy's favorite Jay-Z album was Reasonable Doubt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.