>>>>>NBA<<<<< 2019 - 2020 SEASON

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    I think James was probably indifferent about acquiring Drummond

Upon playing with the guy realized he's just slow and useless on defense and in the way, on offense

Clearly the lakers best lineup when they were fully healthy was with Davis at the 5 and James at the 4

Last season they played big with Howard or Mcgee and were better defensively cuz those two guys are legit rim protectors and also more mobile than the uconn statue

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

ATL Ain't Fucking Around...5-1 in This Year's Playoffs...

REED:eek:

3. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Carlisle's entire offense is Luka iso to kickout

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

At this Rate, Luka Will Finish w/60....and an L...

REED:Facepalm:

5. Dog Jones

Carlisle forgot how to draw up plays for someone else

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Wouldn't Hurt to Give KP the 7'3 SG an Occasional Touch in the PAINT...

REED:Dan1:

Dog Jones likes this.
  7. Dog Jones

As long as Lue doesn't panic and insert Zubac the Clips can finally win a home game, and the series

8. Dog Jones

Does Carlisle get canned after this

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Put it This Way, REED Doesn't Think Carlisle AND KP Will Be Back...The Mavs NEED to Part Waaaaaaaaaaaaaays w/1 of Them...

10. Neil

carlisle is a good coach. he'd get hired immediately if they got rid of him. porzingis is pretty soft and doesnt seem like he'll ever become a legit #2 option. it will be interesting to see who dallas can get to surround doncic with.

once leonard finally decided to defend doncic more frequently, and not just pass him off on screens, the clippers took over.

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

It's a RESULTS Business Though...

Carlisle Won a Championship w/Avery Johnson's Team and HASN'T Won a Single Playoff Series Since...

12. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Paul George’s game is baffling to me. There are so many moments where it looks like he really doesn’t want the ball but then he’ll make a good shot or layup. As decent as he’s played there’s just a real passivity and lack of aggression from him, almost like it’s a regular season game or like he’s just a role player.

As much as I like PG’s game it looked out of place when he was the one pep talking Doncic after the game, pounding on Doncic’s chest and likely telling Doncic something along the lines of how Doncic is up next, as if PG is on Doncic’s and Kawhi’s level. It was only fitting right after that, that I believe Doncic asked PG for a jersey swap because George pulled his jersey off and Doncic didn’t. Then Doncic must have told PG “psyche” or something, because George gave Doncic a friendly shove while laughing off whatever Doncic jokingly told him.

Joke or not PG still doesn’t seem to have the respect of his peers in the league as I also remember Chris Paul visibly and disrespectfully leaving him hanging on a fist pound at the end of a regular season game not too long ago.

13. lb 4 lb

I agree Carlisle is a good coach or at the least he used to be. I don’t know how good he’ll be coaching a one man team with Luka on it as he’d probably be a better fit on a different team. Plus the league and style of play has changed enough that I think teams should be looking to do away with all those old head coaches that have constantly been getting recycled the past three decades or so. I think it’s time to try out some new young coaching blood.

14. Dog Jones

This series looks like a sweep even without Harden wtf

REEDsART and lb 4 lb like this.
  15. Neil

Griffin showing more juice than he appeared to have in the regular season or the celtics series. really playing at a high level.

16. lb 4 lb

I have better things to do with my time than watch a blowout game. That’s why after watching the first Nets-Celtics game I completely skipped the rest of that series.

This Nets-Bucks series was supposed to be competitive but it appears to be going along the same route as the last one. So after seeing Blake look borderline prime again, the Nets hitting most of their shots with ease, Middleton missing all of his and the overall unconfident body language of the Bucks, I treated game 2 like a terrible movie and bailed on it. I’m going to skip the rest of this particular series too as I expect either a sweep or a gentlemen’s sweep as the finsl outcome.

Neil, your bet is starting to look like a good call.

17. Neil

Ive been very impressed with claxton. he has the potential to be an all nba defender with his length and ability to move his feet against quick guards on the perimeter. reminds me a bit of a lefthanded taj gibson.

18. lb 4 lb

I just realized, the eastern conference finals will likely just be more domination by the Nets. I don’t see the 76ers or Hawks being anymore of an issue for them than the Celtics or Bucks have. In fact the only teams I think could possibly give the Nets a decent fight is Utah and Denver because of their centers and the Clippers because of their firepower and defensive matchups.

19. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

PG - 13 is a # 2....

20. lb 4 lb

Does that mean he has to play like one? Lots of other #2’s less heralded than he are playing with more aggression and a sense of urgency. Middelton, CP3, Bogdonovic, they’re all playing at such an aggressive clip it’s arguable they occasionally think they’re the number one. Same thing with the Nets, you don’t even know who their number three is at times.

Like I said PG isn’t playing bad and it could also be the fact his game is so smooth that he doesn’t appear to be playing hard, but there are also certain points where he’s making passes when I think he should be shooting or attacking.

You noticed it when Kawhi raised his game in the playoffs and saw him go up even higher in games 6 & 7. Paul George seems to always play at the same level no matter the part of the season, the quarter of the game or the game of the playoffs.

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Not Trying to Make EXCUSES for PG, But Middleton, CP3 and Bogdanovic Don't Have NEAR As Much DEFENSIVE Responsibility as He Does...

Even Today, George is a LEGIT 2-Way Player...

22. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Philly NEEDED that Win...We Got a SERIES!!!

23. lb 4 lb

I’m not trying to criticize George I’m just trying to state where I feel his game is.

I don’t feel George is given anymore defensive responsibility than the players you mentioned. Both he and Kawhi still have their defensive reputations but in both their cases it seems to be rarely utilized because the team and them seem intent on saving them for offense. PG was barely assigned to guard Luka and when he did it’s not like he did any better than anyone else. Kawhi seemed to only guard Luka when it became an absolute necessity and actually did appear to slow Luka down at times while also playing offense at a higher than normal level when it was needed. That’s why Kawhi’s rep is deservedly at a superstar level and George has proven to be merely a star. I also thought Morris showed a couple moments where he was able to effectively guard Luka.

24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

PG Has CONSIDERABLY More Defensive EXPECTATIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES Than the Names You Mentioned...It's Not Even Close...

CP3 and Bogdanovic AREN'T Defensive Factors @ All (CP3 Was Maybe 5 YEARS Ago)...Paul George Has Made 4 All-Defensive Teams in His Career, and While Middleton is a CAPABLE Defender, His Next All-Defensive Team Will Be his FIRST All-Defensive Team, if REED's Not Mistaken...

PG is a SUPERIOR Defender to All 3 of Them, Unquestionably...You're Not All-NBA Defense On ACCIDENT...Not 4 Times...

PG Had His Opportunities On Luka for Sure, He Just Couldn't DO Shit w/Luka:Dont:...It Happens...

Hell, Kawhi BARELY Could Until They WORE Luka Down for 3 Qtrs Late in the Series...The Clippers Started Pat Bev on Luka and He Got Scored On @ Will, Clowned, Shit Talked and Told to HIS FACE He was "Toooo SMALL" By Luka...And Then Coach TLue BENCHED Pat Bev the Remainder of that Series...

So w/That, Of COURSE PG Had His Possessions Guarding Luka...Morris was More PHYSICAL, But He Wasn't Anymore Effective @ STOPPING or CONTAINING Luka than PG Was...Again, Only Kawhi Made a Defensive IMPACT on Luka, & That was In the 4th Quarters...

Kawhi's a BETTER Player Than PG, On BOTH Ends of the Floor...REED Agrees w/You There...But That's No SLIGHT on the 2-Way Player PG Has Beeen and CONTINUES to Be...

25. Neil

george is 2 of 14 so far in this game. im seeing way too many of these type games from him in the past 3 post seasons. leonard cant afford to play less than amazing if the clippers want to advance

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Clippers Look Like They Have a Bit of Jet Lag from the 7-Game Mavs Series...

27. Neil

where was terrance mann tonite?

28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Same Place Reggie Jackson Was...

29. Neil

jackson got twice as many minutes as mann despite being in foul trouble all game and fouling out. lue went with kennard who was making shots, and made some timely shots in game 7. but kennard is a complete liability defensively and i was expecting to see some offense for defense substitutions down the stretch of the 4th quarter.

30. Dog Jones

Morris should have jumped into Goober during the last shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.