SEE YOU! A brand spanking new modern fitba thread 2022/23

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Xplosive, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Penalty. Almost certainly brought about by the fact that West Ham needed to change keepers.

2. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Nice start for Erik Ten Fag

Irish likes this.
  3. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

I hope Dortmund put something in the sales clause for Haaland that every time he scores Man City have to pay them an additional 20 million pounds.

Irish likes this.
  4. Joe King

Player
    Penalty merchant so far

5. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    The same club that beat the shit out of them on the last day of the season. Talk about the worst start to a season possible. Even the symbolism. "No, we still cannot beat Brighton."

Irish likes this.
  6. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I was literally thinking that getting off tge bus just now lol.

I passed a WH SMITH and they had a cardboard cutout of Rashford selling jis new book and it had sime "inspiring" message on it and i was thinking "you can't even beat Brighton... Hey wait didnt they bash you on the last day of the season too"

Liverpool got done by Stoke 6-1 and had to face them in Stoke on the first day of the new season. Beat them 1-0. Coutinho.

Wiser 1878 likes this.
  7. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Aye and it wasn't as if Brighton nicked a sneaky win either, they were straight up the better side from the hour i saw and had an absolute stone-waller not given at 2-0. United looked really shaky playing out from the back, in particular

Wiser 1878 likes this.
  8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    What pisses me off about United is this careful narrative they've built or their enablers have built about how they're just a little plucky outfit with nasty owners who are throttling them. Their native flair and brilliance is held back by the evik Glazers.

Its horseshit. They've spent massively and nobody is afraid of them.

9. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Aye....by some estimates theyve got the biggest wage bill in the league! What a shitshow

10. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

With the amount of spending one would expect better results. Clearly something is being mismanaged somewhere along the ladder. Van Gaal is one previous manager who said they higher ups are more interested in "the brand" then on the pitch results. Given the American ownership i can't say that surprises me much.

On the flip side the fanbase was so spoiled with success many of them feel like they're somehow now entitled to it like it's a basic human right.

11. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    LFC have American owners too who have a Brand philosophy. But they've gotten single big decisions correct. United are creaking under the weight of an expectation that is now obsolete.

Just as United took advantage of the new reality in 1992, and pounced when everyone else was still selling pies or scarves, they're still living in that past today.

The Ronaldo signing was proof. The retention of Luke Shaw was proof..... they'll never dump Rashford because the club is Woke whereas Ferguson would have dumped Shaw once he got injured and slung Rashford out just like he did RVN once he became a distraction.

Look at this shit....

Screenshot_2022_0808_154823.jpg

12. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    De Gea is shit with his feet, Martinez & mcTominey are ponderous as outlets too always wanting an extra touch....the fullbacks stay quite wide rather than coming in so Fred isnt left with much to work with in terms of short passing, triangles etc. Its was just really clunky, slow - Liverpool would have been 9-0 up at half time with their high press. Then at the other end they're lining up with Erikson alone up front as a 9? With a £300m quid wage bill? Early days for Ten Haag i guess but fuck.

13. Joe King

Player
    The "American owners" narrative is a bunch of bullshit. Kroenke gets killed for owning Arsenal by the fans and yet he really only got total control in 2018. Liverpool is doing fine. United have spent enough to compete but it's they've had horrible managers and signings. Everyone wants an Abramovich or Mansour to throw billions into the club but it's not going to happen more often than not.

14. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Erikson makes no sense.....McTominay is misapplied. Ferguson knew how to do it....you play McTominay for a few games where he looks good, then you sell him at peak hype for money out of all proportion to his worth. Ferguson did this with Darren Gibson and others . You do the same with Pogba, which Ferguson actually did.

15. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    I think most scotland fans would agree Mctomminay isnt as good as Callum McGregor & given the wage bill disparity these days its pretty shocking that Utd would have squad players on a level with those Celtic are able to keep, never mind a regular starter. LFC or Man City never do. Itd be like us having players worse than a long term Dundee United stalwart in our first 11. Screams serious mismanagement.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  16. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    But he runs around a lot!! He gets his boot in!! He puts in a shift!! He has an angry face!! Look at the physique on the boy!! United have always had a Scottish player or two! Brian McClair! Darren Fletcher! Jim Leighton! The tradition must continue!

17. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    McTomminay also has this pure shite tendancyto hide from the ball. James McCarthy is brutal for it at Celtic too, hence almost zero game time... McGuire say (or Stephen Welsh!) is carrying it out, head up, looking for an outlet and McTomminay will craftily drift...behind the pressing opponent. The opponent will move....he'll follow behind him. 'Not to me, im not your man! Pass to somebody good'.

18. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
  19. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Think back to Shinji Kagawa. Didn't need him at all. Bought purely to appeal to the Japanese market. Of course they always deny there are any commercial aspects to the signings. Under Mourinho they payed Bayern for an on the way out Schweinsteiger who was never used.

It's not like any manager can walk into a club and give a list of demands with somebody else's money but the ownership shouldn't be out shopping without consulting the guy who actually runs things on the pitch. It would be like you're a cabinet maker working on a kitchen and then the owner of the house comes in with some shiny new appliances that don't fit the design.

20. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    :Jest:gratist lowlight reel player off are time

21. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

:Jest:

I normally don't look at the yt comments but when there is a comedy video it's usually an exception. Some good stuff there.

22. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yep. Liverpool did that with Minamino but he at least bagged some big goals and won some shit :Jest:

23. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Taty Castellanos, who's been the best player in MLS the last two years, has been loaned out to LaLiga this year. Excited to see if he can can make it in Europe, cause he's clearly too good for the U.S.

24. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    So every club in Scotland have slashed Celtic and Rangers away ticket allocation to a fraction of what they were 10 years ago.... which was already a fraction of demand. To the point its literally impossible to get an away ticket and Ive been on a waiting list to get one for 5 years! Meanwhile half the home end seats sit empty. Total shitshow.

Elsewhere the league authorities have launched an active campaign to clamp down on hesgoal streams. After selling tv rights for the whole league to a broadcaster who only shows one of six games a week. At the weekend I ended up listening to most of the game on the radio like a 20th century boy.

Customers: please let us consume your product!
    Scottish fitbaw: naw, fuck off!

25. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I wanted to watch the Rangers game live today, and assumed Paramount+ would be showing it, but looks like not.

26. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    If you're really keen Im sure you'll get that one on hesgoals no bother

27. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

I've been using this site for a while.

Soccer Streams - The Official Reddit Soccer Streams

You'll have to close some annoying pop-ups and restart the streams from time to time, but i always find the games.

Xplosive and Hut*Hut like this.
  28. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Cheers man, i'll file that away.

29. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Question: you get one player, past or present, who you have to clone ten times and play across every outfield position - who do you choose?

30. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Jamie Carragher