Wakanda Forever teaser trailer

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Relatable. I grew up in the same circumstances, minus my parents being divorced.

Always too well spoken for the Black kids, and too hood for the White kids.

It made me into a lifetime loner.

REEDsART likes this.
  2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Yep, Lifetime Loner...Only Child and a "Latchkey" Kid to Boot...REED Quickly Learned to Entertain Himself and Can Honestly Say He's Never Bored...EVER...

REED Has More ASSOCIATES Than True FRIENDS and REED Doesn't Have a "Best Friend", Per Se...REED's Happiest When He's ALONE, Sipping on a Beer, Watching a High Level Boxing Match...

Being a Loner Means FEWER Motherfuckers Asking for Money, Telling Your Business, Being NEEDY/CLINGY Emotionally, etc...MORE People in Your Life Equals MORE Possibilities for Your Shit to Get Fucked Up or Compromised in Some Way...

People Like You and REED Learned Early to NOT Give a Fuck About ACCEPTANCE...REED Wouldn't Change a Thing About his Childhood Either...

REED:Dan1:

Xplosive likes this.
  3. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

Damn I love your post. My parents divorced at an early age. She remarried(african american man) who was very successful and moved us out of the "hood" into a predominantly white suburban neighborhood. I'm not black but as a minority growing up around whites I can relate to your story.

REEDsART likes this.
  4. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

Should have been recast. T’Challa is too important a character to be gone and I say that as someone who never saw the film. When I read comics a little back in the day, B P was always considered an important character.

Chadwick dying so untimely while tragic, shouldn’t have meant the end of the character.

I think I may still have the Iron Man issue where he gave Rhoady his old suit. It’s the one where Rhoady’s suit malfunctions on reentry and he winds up pretty cooked.

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

They Should Have Done a Black Panther ORIGINS Story…

T’Challa’s Father, T’Chaka was the Original Black Panther…Chadwick IS T’Challa, So They Should’ve Gone a Different Direction as an Unofficial Reboot…

Then, After a Couple T’Chaka Black Panther Flicks, They Could’ve Reintroduced T’Challa as Black Panther…

REED’s Praying for the Franchise, But Chadwick’s Death Could Drag It Down, Sadly…

If That 1st Rhodey Rhodes Edition is in GOOD Condition, You Could Make Some NICE Coin from a Collector…

6. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Wouldn’t an easy fix have been to have Michael B Jordan brought back to reclaim the role? He supposedly died off camera so they could have just changed it to where he survived. He could have been forced to do some sensitivity training and a few hours of community service first if necessary.

However, I think that type of decision would have been impossible in today’s woke, woman’s empowerment era. Especially with so many corporations seemingly afraid of backlash.

7. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

I think this was probably the play although I’d say recast. James Bond got recast. Superman got recast. If they’re serious about the franchise and it’s importance, they should have at least attempted it I think.

I’m not certain however that the decision makers thought the role was bigger than Chadwick. It shows a lack of faith in the IP to my eye and considering the ratings the first film got, I’m not sure why.

8. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

If They'd Done Even 1-2 ADDITIONAL Black Panther Flick's 1st, the Michael B Route Wouldn't Have Been a Bad Plan B...But in TODAY's Comic Book Climate, You Can't Go Straight to the VILLAIN of the Very 1st Motion Picture to Supplant the Noble, Distinguished Gentlemanly Super-Hero, T'Challa...

Being Honest, Michael B's Character, Killmonger COULDN'T Have Been More Different Than T'Challa, Idealistically & Morally...SELFISH, ANGRY AF, a THIEF...& If REED Isn't Mistaken, Didn't Killmonger Shoot His OWN Girlfriend When Dude Thought He Could Leverage Her as a HOSTAGE???:Jest:...

There'd Have Been MILLIONS of Confused Lil' Black Kids, Had They Taken the Franchise the Michael B Direction 1 Film Into the Franchise...

As a Father of 3, All GIRLS, REED's Cool w/the Woke, Women's Empowerment Era, But He Admittedly Still Has His DOUBTS on How Successful It'll Be at the Box Office...Even REED is LESS Enthused About a FEMALE Black Panther Film, So Imagine How Lil Black BOYS Will Feel???...

If "Wakanda Forever" Crashes and Burns, They Need to Do 1-2 ORIGIN "Black Panther Flicks w/T'Chaka, While Introducing a Newer, Younger T'Challa in the Process (Preferably One That's NOT Deathly Ill), in REED's Opinion...

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Right, You AREN'T White Either, So REED Has No Doubt You Experienced RACISM Early in Life, Considering Your Circumstances...

ASSuming Your Ol' Man Remained in the "Hood", Would Latino Kids Give You a HARD Time for Not Being "Latino Enough"???...

REED Asks Because When Trump Campaigned for the 2016 Presidency, He was STUNNED By the Amount of Latino's Who SUPPORTED His Stance on Immigration...Got to a Point REED Had to Ask Some of His Latino Homey's What the DEAL Was and They Made Him Aware of the Term "White- Washed Mexicans"...

Not Trying to Take This Thread on a POLITICAL Path (For Real), Just CURIOUS if You Experienced That When You Went Back to the "Hood"???...

10. Boxingfan25

Yeah of course I experienced that. I was well spoken. When i went back to the hood They could tell I was different and gave me a hard time about it. Little digs about being whitewashed. Like you said too mexican to fit in with whites and too white washed to fit in with mexicans. Trump got a lot of the Latino votes but I would be willing to bet it was mostly Cubans. They are Latino but also were able to assimilate a lot better. Many are republicans. Cubans are like white latinos. I can guarantee most mexican americans didnt vote for trump.

REEDsART likes this.
  11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

As You May or May Not Know, the Black Community Refers to Those Types as "Uncle Tom's", "Coon's", "Sellout's", etc....REED Just Wasn't Aware That Mentality ALSO Existed w/Latino's, @ One Point in Time...

A Mexican Homey Mentioned the "Crabs in a Barrel" Theory Waaaaaaay Before Trump...

There's Also a Crazy Ass Ecuadorian Homey That 1st Used the Phrase "White Washed" Around REED...Never ASKED, But REED Has NO Doubt Dude's "Caught" a Body or 3, as They Say, Based on His LIFESTYLE...Type of Motherfucker That Does Capoeira Dance Moves....Spinning Heel Kicks in the Middle of a Dance Floor, and Shit:Jest:...And Ain't NOBODY Saying SHIT About It....

An El Salvadorian Dude Who REED Called His "Work Son", CRYSTALLIZED It Though...Dude Wasn't a Naturalized Citizen During Trump's Campaign, So He was Scared SHITLESS of What His Fate May Be and it WASN'T Cool @ All Watching Him Deal w/That Shit Daily...Young Homey's American Life HANGING In the Balance and Shit....WHAT???!!!:Dont:

As for Cubans, REED'll Speak About Jorge "Gamebred" Masvidal Specifically...Learning He was a Trump Supporter was EVERY Bit as Hurtful as Learning Kanye West was EQUALLY On Trump's Nuts Was...

The Fuck Are You Motherfucker's THINKING???!!!

Boxingfan25 likes this.
  12. Boxingfan25

Haha the barrell of crabs thats a good anology about how latinos act with each other. When trump made those comments about mexicans being criminals a lot of cubans made videos that went viral supporting trumps comments about Mexicans. Wish the latinos had unity.

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Saw "Wakanda Forever" Over the Weekend, w/His Grand Dudes...

Not Quite as Good/Important as "Black Panther" Was, Yet BETTER Than REED Expected...Per REED's Previous Posts, He Walked Into "Wakanda Forever" w/LOW Expectations...

The Cinematography of Namor's Underwater Scenes was Excellent, Perhaps Even BETTER, More REALISTIC Looking Than Aquaman's Underwater Scenes...OUT of the Water, Namor's Scenes were Mostly Fine, Like When he was Hovering Vertically in the Air, But Whenever He Went Horizontal to Actually FLY, Shit Looked Kinda CHEESY...They were Trying to Accentuate the SPEED Namor Flies w/But Again, the Finished Product was a Bit CARTOONISH...

Plenty of Surprises/Plot Twists/Unpredictable Happenings to Keep the Viewer Constantly ENGAGED...And please, Please, PLEASE Hang Around Until AFTER the Credits to Gain Some Insight on the FUTURE of the Franchise...

REED Thinks he Rated "Black Panther" an 8.5-9 Out of 10...He'd Rate "Wakanda Forever" a 7.5-8 Out of 10...

They Did the BEST They Could On Short Notice, Knowing They Still OWED a Film, Despite Chadwick's Death...In the End, They Worked it All Out and Teased a SOLUTION to the "Woke", "Strong Woman" Vibe Permeating This Particular Flick...

There were Basically 4 WOMEN Super Hero's vs. Namor, Which Would Admittedly Be a TOUGH Ass Sell, Flick After Flick...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    lb 4 lb likes this.
  14. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

A good time was unfairly interrupted. :D

BOSS likes this.
  15. Panchyprsss

Well, you are wrong about Namor. He did started as a villain and was later presented as a hero. You see Namor always despised surface people and had a clash with the Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four (he even once kidnaped Sue Storm-Richards and tried to make her his wife!). But he cares a lot about his people and he can sacrifice himself to protect them. He is a true antihero, an admirable adversary with noble motivations.

[​IMG]

16. Panchyprsss

I totally agREED on everything you wrote. My same thoughts.

17. lb 4 lb

Well as it turns out I did wind up going to see Wakanda forever and it turns out I liked it a lot more than the first one. Also unlike when I went to see the first one I remembered to wear all black for representation lol.

I thought this was one of the better Marvel movies of late as the stupid joke a minute theme we usually get was completely nullified. I also thought the pacing acting and even the action sequences were all good to solid. Just like with Reed, my favorable viewing probably had a lot to do with extremely low expectations, whereas when I saw the original I had the highest of expectations. In fact, I vividly remember hoping that Black Panther would be on par with CA: The Winter Soldier and when it failed in nearly every aspect it completely killed my enjoyment of it. I realized all that while I was watching Wakanda Forever and that made me think I should probably rewatch Black Panther with a more—not necessarily open—but forgiving and accepting mind.

18. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

What the Fuck is “Noble” About Kidnapping a Blonde Haired, Blue Eye’d, Married WHITE Woman???…

19. Panchyprsss

Huh, would it then have been 'noble' if she was black?:Dont:

20. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

What Exactly is "Noble" About KIDNAPPING???...Please 'SPLAIN Lucy???...

REED:Confused:

21. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Wakanda Forever by MOST accounts, reviews, and previews looks far too woke for me. Pushing the Disney feminist/LGBTQ agenda of everything gay or female = Genius, powerful, positive. Everything heterosexual male = Either evil or beta (weak).

Nah, I'll pass. Fuck Disney's agenda.

22. lb 4 lb

I know what you mean but I didn’t think this movie fit the usual Disney woke Agenda. It’s over the top when the women are obnoxious, infallible and they make the men toxic, inferior and/or nearly moronic. I didn’t feel WF did any of that and in fact I found the use of the women here on par with the first film. Such as how the female security force was already a well established part of Wakanda so it had to continue here.

Obviously his sister being the focal point did increase the use of the female lead as did his mom being queen but it never felt like it was being forced down your throat in the usual identity politics kind of way. I will admit the girl scientist/genius who turns up does fit that typical Disney wokeness but at least she had an okay personality and was only a small part of the story.

Namor was in no way downplayed as lesser than any of the females on screen. Nor was he saddled with a female sidekick ready to replace him. He was given the respect and danger level his comic character actually represents. So I think given all that you should reconsider. Because IMO this was one of the better Marvel films of late, even though it definitely wasn’t perfect and had its faults. I think me and you had similar feelings about the first BP movie and I think you should give it a chance.

Xplosive likes this.
  23. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    this is an interesting thread - how black people identify with this black panther character from their childhood

in retrospect wasn't the creation of this stuff just 'blacksploitation' though?
    bunch of white guys in suits finding ways to suck money from various niches

24. Panchyprsss

Vi-villain?

Anyway read again my post: I didn't said that kidnapping was noble, but that Namor was/is a noble ruler and despises surface dwellers.

25. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Literally, You Said He was an “Admirable Adversary w/Noble Motivations”….

REED Asked YOU How Kidnapping Blonde Haired, Blue Eye’s White Women Jives w/the NOBILITY You’ve Projected Upon Namor…

Either ANSWER the Fucking Question or Don’t…

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

By That Rationale, was “Thor”, “Iron Man”, “Captain America”, Superman” or “Batman” Examples of WHITEsploitation?

The Fact Is, Black Panther 1st Appeared in a Comic in 1966, When You Could Buy One for 10 Fucking Cents…REED Seriously Doubts EXPLOITING Black People Financially was a Chief Concern at the Time…

The Film Itself Has BLACK Fingerprints All Over It…

27. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

1. X Isn’t a Comic Book Dude
    2. His Mind was Already Made Up. Hell, He Disliked the Original “Black Panther”…

He Doesn’t WANT To Like It…

28. Panchyprsss

I already told you he was a fucking VILLAIN! :Jest: His noble motivations was to protect his people, but in the case of Sue Storm, well, he was plain horny and wanted a piece of her ass. Isn't that noble?:devi:

29. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    the blacksploitation era
    you telling me those honkies weren't sitting around going "those Negro's will eat this nonsense up lol"....???

30. lb 4 lb

Well to he honest I didn’t particularly like the first BP either and that was one of the angles I was trying to get him to see past.

I think (and hope) it was more like.. “we need to cash in on the black market a bit more “.