Crawford is out of options. Time to fight Boots.

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Xplosive, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

All of Bud's options are gone.

1. Fundora will now face Spence.

2. Cuntyellow has no interest in fighting him. The Cunt will face Berlanga in September after he beats Munguia in May.

3. Jermell is no longer a viable option, and the public has zero interest in seeing that fight.

That leaves Bud, if he wants to continue his career, being backed into a Boots corner. It's time for him to give Ennis a shot.

If Bud takes a fight with that fucking bum Eubank Junior over Boots, I'll be disappointed in him.

Hut*Hut likes this.
  2. Flo-Raiden

Flo-Raiden Undisputed Champion

Looks like Crawford has no other logical choice but to fight Boots. He’s been so inactive since his win over Spence. He needs to fight a live opponent and there’s nobody else around but Boots.

3. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Yeah, he should have at least fought some tomato can since. Anything is better than inactivity. If he's still set on moving to 154 at least he could take on somebody there and got used to a new division.

4. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Not happening

5. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Cuntelo was right there.

Xplosive likes this.
  6. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Crawford hasnt exactly been a risk taker in his career. Id be very surprised if he fight Boots

Boxingfan25, D MAN and Azazel like this.
  7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

While it's TRUE Bud Needs to Get OFF His Ass, this Recent Stretch of Inactivity ISN'T His Fault @ All, it's Spence's...Entirely...

From the Moment Spence Exercised the Rematch Clause, Bud was Contractually BOUND to Await Spence's Next Move...REED Has No Doubt Spence Knew All Along He'd NEVER Actually Go Thru w/the RE, But He Intentionally DELAYED Bud's Next Move Anyways...

Soooon as Bud Advised the WBO He Wanted to Be the Mandatory for the Tszyu-Fundora Winner, Spence Swoops In and Announces HIS Plans on Fighting the Winner Next...

After Attempting to SHIT On Bud's Dominant Victory, Getting Cataract Surgery....

Yes, Bud Crawford Needs to Be Held Accountable for his OWN Career, But the "Asshole" in All of This is Errol Spence...

REED:duck:

Boxingfan25 and Xplosive like this.
  8. Xplosive

How did EJ turn into such a prick in recent years? Was that always him and fame just revealed his true colors? Or did he change?

9. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Crawford...all these motherfucker today have no problem fighting on ppv(2,000 buys)..in a dingy arena/ymca/meat factory room(think the opening scene of Rocky vs Spider Rico) if their getting a bag $$$....they fight bums and get paid millions.. smh. So what is the incentive to fight Boots..?

10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

He's Always Had a Shrewd, Sly, Southern Fried "Ray Leonard" WAY About Him...

REED:afro:

Xplosive likes this.
  11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Same Incentive Floyd Had to Face Keith Thurman, Same Incentive Thurman Had to Face Errol Spence, ie., NONE...

REED:afro:

Jesus of montreal likes this.
  12. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Unfortunately, Bud probably views Ennis as “nothing to gain, all to lose”.

Boots needs to call out the other guys. Probably a move up to 154 and try to get a fight with one of those guys. Bud will probably hold the belts hostage until he gets a title shot.

Boxing just sucks now. Guys no longer want to take the big risks.

13. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    Canelo is fighting at 168-175 recently.

How is a Crawford-Canelo fight going to work?

I can't see Crawford fighting above 154.

14. Xplosive

Considering the payday Bud was gonna get, he was gonna move to 168.

15. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Yeah it's hilarious when fighters complain about a pound here or a pound there as something that can make an immense difference and they won't allow it. Put enough cash on the table and suddenly they are "comfortable" in moving up multiple weight classes.

Boxingfan25 and Azazel like this.
  16. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Btw, what is happening with Ennis?? He s not creating a lot of interest for sure and I'm getting worried he might be losing the best years of his career...

17. Neil

You dumb fucks act like ennis is protected or don't want the big fights. You familiar with Marvin Hagler?

18. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

He has no option until UFC LW champ Islam Makhachev starts bitching about Dana White's pay and then all of a sudden we get Bud vs. Islam @ 154

19. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

What a terrible analogy by a know nothing dim wit. Hagler was very relevant before winning the title. Faced numerous top guys and was very active (hell' he's considered one of the ATG which had the strongest record before winning a title). On the contrary, Ennis is barely fighting once a year since 2021, and his opponents were all pretty much flotsam. I like Ennis, and he's still young enough to turn the table around, but he's starting to look more and more like the next Andrade

Boxingfan25 likes this.
  20. Xplosive

I hate to say it because I love Boots, but of the two analogies, I def gotta side with JOM over Neil. Hagler's resume was already leaps and bounds better than Ennis' resume by time Matvin was Boot's age.

I think Boots will form a much better resume and career than Andrade, but he might be getting too old to form an ATG career. Especially considering he's HEAVILY dependent on his athletic gifts; those don't stick around forever.

What is Boots now? I think he's like 27. That's still plenty of time to have an excellent career. But Hagler he is NOT.

Edit: Boots is still 26. I checked. So yeah, he still has a long prime ahead of him. I may have misspoke, because without checking, I wanna say that Hagler was around 28-ish when he finally won the title.

21. Neil

Andrade :duck:

Hagler was avoided by the champion for as long as possible for the same reason as ennis. Too good, too black, too southpaw

Ennis fights as often as any of the other top fighters around aside from a handful

Ennis can only fight who is willing. He destroys whoever gets in there with him other than that stinky Russian

Andrade only had himself to blame for his circumstances, looking terrible and boring against overmatched opponents. Ennis annihilates that level of foe..

22. Xplosive

I agree he's no Andrade. On top of being more talented, Boots looks a lot tougher than Boo Boo. Andrade's chin was always questionable.

23. Azazel

Lol no shit Kneel is an A class idiot and not the funny type either unfortunately. At 26, Hagler was already undisputed champion at MW in a era where titles weren't given in Happy Meals (and he had an unsuccessful title shot prior to his winning effort to booth). On top of that, he had beaten a who's who of contenders prior to winning his belts, some numerous times. And this idiot compared his career trajectory to Boots Ennis lol

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    Jesus of montreal likes this.
  24. Azazel

Btw, I love Ennis and think he's the next p4p #1. However, it's really concerning how little interest he's generating in what should be his prime years. Hopefully, he gets a big fight soon but it seems none of the stars are in a rush to fight him so I think he'll need to gamble (i.e , fight for peanuts vs a known name) if he wants something to happen.

25. Neil

Who are these known names offering ennis opportunities?

26. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I'm hearing WBO expects Fundora to face Crawford.

27. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

It wouldn't be a bad idea to take a tune up then fight Boots if he's serious about cleaning up 147 and cementing his legacy. If he's looking for a pay day the he fights Canelo in september.

28. Boxingfan25

Exactly it took him 10 years to fight Spence. I DONT SEE THIS FIGHT HAPPENING ANY TIME SOON.

Azazel likes this.
  29. Boxingfan25

He did hang out with the Charlos. As they say birds of a feather flock together. Probably was always a dick. And maybe we (boxing fans) expect too much from our boxers. Most boxers probably had a shitty family life and perhaps thats what makes them tougher than your average joe.

30. Boxingfan25

I think the Andrade comparison was not in reference to boxing abilities. What they both have in common is inactivity. Boots is young enough to turn things around. Its up to him if he wants to be Andrade 2.0. And I hope we see more of boots because he is a wrecking ball. But I refused to be that guy that makes excuses. When you have guys like Pacquio that move up multiple weight classes I don't buy the he's being avoided excuse. If boots cant get a fight at 147 well motherfucker move up to 154. Plenty of guys well test you there.

Jesus of montreal and REEDsART like this.