How fast do you run the mile on a treadmill?

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Buddy Rydell, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    I'm going to start speeding up my mile to see how fast I can get it. I know some of you guys are probably speed demons like Neil and LOK. Myself, I'll probably get an 8 minute mile for my first time out tonight, and then I'll cut it down from there, slowly but surely. I figure this will motivate me when it comes to short burst type running that isn't quite sprinting.

So what do you clock in at right now?

Hanzy, if you start spamming this thread, your posts are getting deleted and I'll get Steve_Dave to start booting your butt out of here for a few days a week. This is the training forum, not TAAA or smacktalk. Keep it on subject for the most part because you've been ruining threads and being an attention whore lately.

2. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Fedor runs a 4 minute mile on a treadmill.

3. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Source?

4. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    The reason I'm asking about the treadmill time is because I plan on working on it throughout the winter, and it gets icy up here so I can't run outside in the winter months. Plus, it'll save my joints as my weight continues to drop.

Our high school coach said that students should be able to run a 6 minute mile. Does anybody here do that?

5. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Not sure Buddy..

I have a elipitical machine in my house.. on that I can run them in 5 mins for sure.. outside I normally run at about a 7 min pace.. maybe high 6's
    my best outside is a 5:13 mile

6. MassaCure

MassaCure Undisputed Champion

i usually dont run one str8 out, but im sure i can do one under 6 minutes, i remeber in hs we had to run one outside in less than 6 minutes for an A in class. i usually do the first one right under 7, and the 2nd one maybe 1:30-2:30 longer depending on how tired i am that day. the 3rd miles add another minute, and for the forth take the time of the first mile, and add the time difference between mile 2 and 3 dived by 2. the 5th mile is me either holding my back or running my hardest and going slower than if i was walking for what seems like a 30 minute mile.

7. MassaCure

the difference between me on a treadmill and outside is night and day. i remeber i would run on the treadmill and rarely get tired until i was about done, and able to take deep breaths and recover quickly. when i first started outside, i think i might have ran 1/2 mile and was ready to head for my car, no matter how deeply i breathed it didnt help, it felt like i was runnign under water.

8. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Well, around 8pm I'll give it a shot. I just finished making supper for us, so I have to let it go through my system a bit before I do my mile. I might start doing a mile a day when I'm not doing the hour of running. That way I can get my time down. Still, my quads are a bit stiff from earlier today.

9. MassaCure

i dont want to hear excuses just get it done

10. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Likely starting in 10 minutes, boss! :lol:

11. atomicdOGg34

atomicdOGg34 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

student
    Home Page:
    never run a mile on a treadmill

in highschool i ran a mile in 6 minutes and something outdoors

12. LOK

I never have been comfortable running real fast on a treadmill.. I feel on the track you can go all out.. on the treadmill.. I'm not sure.. :dunno:

13. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I jogged a 9 minute mile. :lol:

Then I went and played Ultimate for an hour (the frisbee game). My little sister needed a few extra people to run drills, so I helped her team out. There were some cute university chicks there.

14. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Well Buddy? Did you f*ck them or what?

15. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Hanzy, you are thisclose to getting a vacation. I'm a married man with a 5-month old son. In all seriousness dude, knock that shit off.

16. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

:atu:You must be one of a kind Buddy. Most everybodyhere, even while married, is f*cking every hot bitch they can find. It's part of what makes marriage that much more fun. I'd know, I learned from Reed. :kidcool:

17. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Either stick to the subject or get out of the thread, Hanzy. You've read my posts for years on this forum and you know that I'm happily married and that I have a small son.

Maybe you're trying to be funny, or maybe you're just bored and trolling. Either way, this is a training and conditioning forum and you keep messing up threads. You keep fucking with Mike_Dave in the General Boxing Forum and TAAA about Callie, you intentionally trolled and acted like a bitch in TAAA with their football threads, and now you seem to try to drag each recent Training and Conditioning forum thread wildly off-topic when you know this forum is not TAAA.

Last warning, dude. You've been warned by Steve_Dave and myself a few times. You want to start a thread in TAAA or smacktalk about other stuff, feel free. This forum is for talking training and conditioning.:dunno:

18. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

But this IS related to training & conditioning.
    You're telling me that getting blown by some hot university chicks doesn't help your conditioning? :dunno:
    You get blown by a hot chick, you'll probably run the mile in like 3 minutes. Actually if a hot chick promised that you'd get a blowjob AFTER running a mile, I'm damned sure you'd set a record! :lol:

19. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I warned you.:dunno:

20. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Hanzy will be back tomorrow.

Regardless...

I went to the gym and was running at 7 mph to try and get an 8:32 mile. I was doing ok until minute 7. Then I died. It doesn't help that I was wearing mountainclimbing pants and heavier shoes, but I just died.

I slowed down and wound up getting it in just over 9 minutes. I said screw it and started walking. :lol:

Man, I SUCK at running the mile. This is gonna take a lot of work. Still, it's a weak point so I'm gonna bring it up considerably and that'll also help me with toning up.

21. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I'm gonna go for it again tonight at home. I'll probably nail the 8:32, and from there I'll gradually start paring it down. I know it isn't the same as doing it outside, but over the winter months I'll keep at it and then when the snow and ice is gone, I'll be at it outside in the spring. At any rate, I'll be much more fit when it comes to running the mile.

22. MassaCure

i did the mountain this morning which was 2.4 miles, and came home at at 4:30 jogged 6 miles, on the last 1/4 mile i pulled a cramp trying to catch up to a white girl with a nice ass.

23. MassaCure

best thing about the treadmill is the girl with the nice ass your runnign behind cant get away from you

24. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Very true. One time I was watching a girl do the elliptical trainer and she had a nice juicy booty. I almost got hypnotized.

Tomorrow I intend to improve upon my time in the mile, which won't be difficult. Eventually there will be diminishing returns, but my build is going to be fatfree. :crafty:

25. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:

I agree Buddy you suck. :popcorn: In all seriousness it just takes patienace to work yourself into cardio shape. In a little over a year I went from a guy who was 234 pounds who couldn't go faster than 5 MPH to a guy who was around 180 pounds and averaging 8.5 MPH for 30 minutes. I can average 7.4 over 60 minutes.

26. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Well, I can do 6.5mph for an hour right now. You're a taller fellow, aren't you val?

The nice thing is that I know I can beat all my high school records if I just take my time and stay injury-free. I plan on doing that and seeing if I can get my mile down below 6minutes in he summertime. That would be faster than just about anyone in my school other than the two best runners. One guy went to the Olympic trials so I doubt I'll catch his time, but everyone else's times are fair game.

27. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:

I am a few inches taller than you. I am around 6 feet tall. Like I said the key is just patience. staying injury free to of course as I recently pulled something in my damn leg. :doh: You would think I hurt myself trying to get into shape, instead I hurt myself after I am in good shape.

28. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    For some reason I thought you were like 6ft2 or taller. Anyway, yeah I know that the key is patience and to just wait and see. It's day in, day out; week in, week out. By summer I look forward to being in my best shape ever though. I'm also going to start heavy weight training again in December. With the chins, HSPU, and ropeclimbing ALONG WITH various track and field endeavours, my bodyfat level will be quite low and everything left over will be lean muscle. :kidcool:

29. LOK

Val, I thought you were like 5'2 and 295lbs or so?:dunno:

30. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Let's keep it fairly serious in here, LOK. And I guess we should welcome back Hanzy today as long as he plays by the rules. I don't like banning people and feel that everyone should be allowed to contribute as long as they don't stir crap.