UFC 116 Predictions *Updated 6-25*

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by TFK, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    You are making up that he was too exausted to run and also making up that this doesnt happen in boxing.

And him being gassed has nothing to do with him not training for more than one round. When you punch for 5 straight minutes and add in grappling, it fucks you up. I dont care who you are.

2. Barristan

Barristan Undisputed Champion

Be a man and stand by your statements. you said you can't run in MMA, I called bullshit and pointed out that the p4p champ in MMA runs all the time....I'm right of course and you know it.

3. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

So I'm making it up in your first paragraph and you agree he was gassed in the second? Make up your mind.

I'm not saying he didn't train for more than a round. But he was done either you. You could tell he was finished in his corner between rounds. It was obvious.

And I asked you to name one time this has happened in a major boxing match. You couldn't.

4. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Ah ok. So now Shane wasnt good enough for Brock, despite beating the #1 contender in Frank Mir for the Interum Title? Who would you have put in Carwin's place?

And again, who beats the bums carwin and Lesner?

5. Anthony

Motherfucker
    You said he didnt train for more than 1 round

6. TLC

TLC "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Foreman was done early in the fight as well. Unfortunately Ali didn't have KO power, or the ability to throw him down and choke him....that was the 70s mind you.

Todays boxing isnt even worth talking about, which is why you losers are here right now. :laughing:

7. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Great point. But I just don't understand why these guys waste their time discussing a sport they don't care much about.

It would be like me logging on to a basket weaving website and bad mouthing the people on there.

8. Anthony

Motherfucker
    In which fight did he run is what im saying? Because i see his fights and he is standing up over guys not letting them up or dancing while punching. Silva hasnt been hurt since being in the UFC, so im trying to figure out what you are talking about.

9. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

This is a boxing forum. That's why everyone is here. There have been 230,000 posts in the boxing forum, and 32,000 here.

10. Barristan

exactly thanks for backing me up bro...it's sad how two bums managed to fool the public. It surprises me when WWE does a 1,000,000 buys too.

11. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Not exactly. It's more like boxing fans logging on to a boxing website.

12. TLC

Anyway back on topic....this was a pretty sweet card. Dana has to be ecstatic. The card got a ton of hype, and even my dad, who hasn't watched MMA since Lawal-Mousasi(the only fight he watched), watched the entire card with myself and my brother(also a casual fan). He really liked pretty much all the fights on the card, even some of the ones on Spike, like the Gerald Harris slam KO. So this was a really good card to attract the casual fans IMO, since it probably did some of the highest buys of the year.

13. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Its too bad you are too much of a pussy to answer my question.

Who do you think can beat Carwin and Lesner (two bums in your words)

14. TLC

And yet,only three topics were posted in all day in that particular forum. :atu:

15. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Harris suprised the hell out of me. That shit was sick.

16. TLC

Again nothing to talk about in this sad state of boxing. Chavez- Duddy did three pages, this did 15 in a few hours. :lol:

17. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Yeah, there were no fights this weekend. Similar to the weekends where there are no cage fights.

18. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Yeah but you're clearly in the MMA forum.

I know it has to painful for boxing fans to watch MMA blast off like it has. I know it has to be a bitter pill to swallow after all the history and lore involved with boxing that the UFC puts on an amazing show like UFC 116 while the hottest boxing topic is how Manny and Floyd will avoid each other next.

Suck it up dude. Maybe there will be another Joshua Clottey fight to bring boxing back...:laughing::laughing:

19. TLC

I was hoping he'd win. One of my favorites, I was picking him to win but that was favoritism, same deal with Batman. Although Harris actually didn't let me down.

20. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

See, I'm never the one to bring up boxing. I call a shitty show a shitty show on both sides.

Cool fad you guys have though.

21. TLC

Just like Chavez-Duddy? O wait, three pages. Khan-Mallinaggi- Ortiz-Campell, only 14. Less than this, despite it being a boxing forum. And having posts way after the fact....kinda like this one is getting.

22. TLC

No you don't.

23. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I picked Pelligrino with my heart as well. I knew he'd have a tough time but I wasn't picking against him..

By the way, how good would a Wandy-Leben fight be? I'm shocked that's who Chris called out. I was expecting him to point to a rematch with Anderson.

And seriously, is Stephan Bonnar the kind of guy that makes this sport so damn good? He just never gives up.

24. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Yes, I do. I'm very critical of boxing and I always have been.

25. TLC

lol....he doesn't want that horrible fate again. Yeah I really think that fight's happening. No way the UFC turns down that fight. That's a guaranteed war. Bonnar is great but not very skilled. I like to see the guy fight though.

What do you guys think about Lesnar vs Cain?

And damnit BOSS? Why havent you posted except that post regarding the ko from the bottom? :lol:

26. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

You aren't actually comparing post numbers between here and the boxing side, are you? The numbers are right there. The boxing side has 200,000 more posts.

27. Barristan

There are different levels of bums too. A good bum could beat a worse bum but he's still a bum. Carwin and Lesner are two of the best bums in the UFC but bums nonetheless.

28. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

You brought it up as far as I'm concerned with the no gassing in boxing bull shit comment. Don't back out now because you're getting your hating ass handed to you in the discussion. That's what you get for trying to call one of the more entertaining MMA cards "shitty". Stupidity.

Fad? That's a good one. I hope you continue you laughing as boxing continues it's downward spiral into oblivion. Well, that may be extreme. Maybe a Clottey-Manny rematch can save things.

29. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Thanks for admitting that you are a clown

30. Barristan

minor shows, different business model, cross promotions etc....have you no brain? If boxing was structured like the UFC there would be 500 page threads after each event on this site.