UFC 116 Predictions *Updated 6-25*

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by TFK, Jun 21, 2010.

1. TLC

TLC "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Yeah but his face got jacked up...

2. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Ahhhh, the appeal of the UFC. Even the most adament haters can't turn away. Welcome my friend.

3. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    What's funny is that nobody in General Discussions even posted a thread about it hmmmmmmm

4. TLC

Anyway, like I said with my dad and my brother(although he watched a bit more than the former), I bet you the UFC and MMA as a whole gained a lot of fans tonight. Lesnar draws in casuals like no one else in the sport, and he had strong support from the undercard guys. Funny thing is, my dad wrestled himself so he doesn't even find the ground game boring. And appreciates the submission holds. Even fans with less tolerance for the ground game had to be satisfied with the fights tonight. Two wars(Bonnar-Pollack, Akiyama-Leben) and then the drama filled main event.

5. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Good point. After all this is a boxing forum as Steve pointed out. You figured they would be all over that instead of trolling the MMA forum.

6. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

We were saying the same thing at my house. None of the fights were boring even those that spent some time on the ground.

I don't know that I've ever seen a card with so many submission attempts and big punches. Freaking Lytle throws nothing but bombs and then sinks in one of the coolest subs ever.

7. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

Anyone who says that was a shitty card is clearly biased and has an agenda.

8. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

No kidding. This was an MMA's fans dream card. Seriously, how can you not appreciate the wins by Bonnar, Lytle and Leben on the undercard. Each were in tough ass fights and pulled out wins.

9. bigdawg

bigdawg Undisputed Champion

P.O.
    I gotta be honest this was the first MMA PPV card that I took in and I must say the shit was whack to me. When the dudes are standing and boxing their technique is fucking horrible. Then when they go to the ground they throw hella punches while grappling. Which is boring to me as well. Don't like the idea of dry humping. Then they get tired and lay on each other. In the case of the Lesnar fight yea Lesnar got the win and I actually wanted him to win but damn he was scared to death when dude let his hands go. Then all he did was wait till the cat got tired out. The other dude was done after the first round and it was over. I don't get all the hoopla that surrounds MMA. But that's just my opinion. I'll Holla 5000

10. TLC

The boxing is very different. For a multitude of reasons. Not as good, technically. And of you don't like grappling then it's just not for you. Some people don't but it's a major part of the sport.Kudos for at least discussing your opinions in a civilized manner.

11. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Im just sitting here thinking to myself. Brock lesner submitted this guy with a triangle.

A fucking submission. If this guy is learning submissions, imagine how good he can be. Win or lose, he is still learning so much. Its amazing to see him grow.

12. who?

who? Undisputed Champion

:lol: not while his stand up is so fucking horrible. he's no more evolved than other wrestlers like mark coleman. just bigger.

13. Anthony

Motherfucker
    His standup is horrible because he didnt want to trade with Carwin? Despite that, standup can be improved upon. Ask Josh Koshchek and Rashad Evans about that. Both had bad standup and now its very good.

14. who?

who? Undisputed Champion

bad comparison. brock is quite athletic, however his upper body is way too big. his tree trunk arms will never be able to throw a correct hook with any sort of speed or combination. carwin while a big puncher has exactly the same problem. That's not something that can be "corrected".

throughout the history of mma, these giant wrestlers have never been able to punch well or correctly, apart from maybe a straight right. That will never change. Too big/thick too cumbersome.

15. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

Stop using logic in the MMA section.

16. TLC

Probably right.

17. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Valuev can throw a proper hook and he is bigger than Lesner.

18. who?

who? Undisputed Champion

he's naturally bigger but not built up like a bolder.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  19. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Lesner's only 6-3. 265 pounds. He can train his hands properly. It not impossible.

20. who?

who? Undisputed Champion

it is to a certain extent.

he might be able to learn how to throw say a hook with correct form, but it will be slow as shit and will been seen from a mile away. his bodies is just too thick, so while it lends well for grappling, it never will for standup. he'll never be able to throw a combination with any matter.

obviously like other wrestlers he'll try to negate this by taking guys down before they get the chance.

21. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Its the heavyweight division. He doesnt have to be particularly fast. He is fast on the ground. Thats actually the most important thing.

22. Andrew

Andrew "Twinkle Toes" McJack

You seem to be really defensive here GF. Who? knows hes fast on the ground and he knows its important. What hes saying about Brocks standup makes a lot of sense and I think you know that.

23. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

I can see Brock really having problems with good strikers with good TD defense. Fortunately for him, the closest thing to that in the UFC may be Dos Santos. And we really haven't even see his TDD tested.

24. bigdawg

bigdawg Undisputed Champion

P.O.
    All I know with all of Lesnars upper body strength and I'm willing to bet he's prolly one of the strongest guys in the sport that whenever he gets a lock on you you can pretty much guarantee it's a wrap due to his sheer strength. However his standup game fucking sucks. He looked like scared bitch in there last night. I'll Holla 5000

25. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Good night of fights last night. I had a packed house for my annual 4th of July party, and everyone enjoyed the fights. I can't remember the last time I saw so many people pumped up for a fight as they were last night.

What a shame that the same scumbag jackasses have to come in here and cry about a sport they supposedly hate, yet watch every single time it is on.

TFK

26. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Yeah, God forbid people come here to post their thoughts after a show.

27. TFK

People do that all the time.

But then weak ass scumbags like you have to come in and wet your diaper, complaining like a little bitch about a sport you supposedly hate, but never miss a fight.

Really, don't you have anything better to do than act like some little 12 year old faggot?

TFK

28. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Ha, look at this fucking guy. Relax. I miss fights all the time. I watched last night and I came here to talk about it.

Who's really being a crybaby here?

29. TFK

You. You're a crybaby pussy. You've never contributed anything to the MMA forum except for your weak ass trolling. Every UFC event that comes on, you come here and act like the bitch you are.

Get a life, douchebag.

TFK

30. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Yep. That's what I thought. You're the crybaby.

You're sitting in front of your computer all mad right now, aren't you TFK? Just furious.