Brock Lesnar is a Motherfuckin BEAST!!!

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by REEDsART, Jul 4, 2010.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

How Many More FLUSH Shots Could ANYBODY have Taken from Carwin, in Round 1???...w/Out Question, Lesnar was ON THE BRINK of Being Stopped & Arguably COULD have Had the Fight Stopped a Time or 2 in the 1st Stanza...

But, to Lesnar's Credit, he RESPONDED to the Ref's Commands of Doing/Showing Something to MAINTAIN a Stronghold in the Fight...It was Mostly Leg Kicks from the Ground, but Brock REPEATEDLY Showed SOMETHING to Make the Ref Disregard a Stoppage...

The BOTTOM LINE Is, Brock Lesnar Took Shane Carwin's BEST Shit & TAPPED his Ass Out a Round Later...INCREDIBLE Fight, Considering the Momentum Shift & the Surprising Finale....WHO Picked Lesnar by Submission???....

REED:dunno:

2. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    exactly. lesnar showed great survival extincts. in fact, that was some super natural shit, which i wouldn't have expected from someone like cain velasquez or dos santos.

lesnar is something else. imo, he's a real life hulk hogan/ultimate warrior. too bad he's not a definitive face or heel. :lol:

3. TLC

TLC "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Brock Lesnar was never actually hurt, he just sold Carwin so he could do a three-moves of death comeback victory and make his win more dramatic.

4. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

I was actually impressed with the arm triangle. Great, quick transition from the mount. Even though Carwin was doing a good job trying to defend the choke to hold on, it didn't matter. Brock is so fucking strong that he just gorilla gripped right through it. 5-1 or not, that is one of intangibles that Brock posesses that makes him such a force. His strength. Lytle was able to defend against a similar choke vs. Brown and got out of it. Brocks super strength makes that very difficult.

5. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    I was positive that Carwin had him and it looked like it was going to be stopped a few times.

6. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

Yeah, that was Carwins fight to lose. If he would have kept his cool and picked his shots, I think he would have stopped him.

7. bigdawg

bigdawg Undisputed Champion

P.O.
    This is what I think. I think that Lesnar baited Carwin in. He knew that Carwin who was 12-0 with 12 KO's all in the first round was gonna go for broke which he did. When he didn't stop Lesnar I told the dudes I was watching the fight with that Lesnar has the psychological advantage and would win the fight. Why because Carwin hit him with everything including the kitchen sink and it didn't stop Lesnar whereas those same punches stopped his last 12. Not to mention the dude was hella tired. And as we saw the second round was a rap. Don't know if Lesnar is that much of a beast as to Carwin not relaxing and making it a stand up game. I mean once he saw that he was really doing that much damage on the ground he should have stood up to conserve his energy. Just my rookie thoughts. I'll Holla 5000

8. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

No way lesnar baited Carwin in. he would be very stupid to take those punches he took just for the sake of "baiting" him. Lesnar went for the takedown because he saw that Carwin was gassed, and he didn't wanted to stand with him again because he respected Carwin's power after the beating he took.

9. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

Awesome win for Brock but one thing is clear, he cannot take a shot. He did not take Shanes best shots. He took one under cup and ran like a frightened school girl.

How ever the way he came back in r2 was very impressive.

10. TLC

Uppercut? And yeah he definitely didn't take that shot too well, but it wasn't that one punch. He was actually recovering but Carwin swarmed on him and landed a big knee and started to overwhelm him. He didn't know what to do I think was his problem when he got hurt by Carwin.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  11. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

On the contrary, Lesnar took some hard shots from arguably the hardest puncher in the division, and was able to weather the storm. If anything, he showed he can indeed take a punch.

TFK

12. TLC

He has a good chin but he doesn't react well...after Carwin started swarming he flopped down and started covering up.

Then again, he reacted better than Mir...who just wilted after taking one or two clich uppercuts.

13. TLC

I do like that Lesnar shows something new every fight.

14. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Yeah Good call on the Rust Reed. I didnt think there would be any, but you can see he was hesistant. And Brock Subbed the guy with an Arm TRIANGLE? Good lord. That to me is the most amazing thing.

And Bonnar/Kristof was the shit.. Did you see that fight Reed?

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Brock DEFINITELY was RUNNING @ 1 Point, but Hey, it was All About SURVIVING @ that Point...Had it Been a BOXING Match, Lesnar Would've ALREADY Been BEATEN Psychologically...But Given the Nature of MMA, Lesnar STILL have Options on How to Deal w/Carwin...

REED Can't Imagine ANY Fighter Having a WORSE Opening Round than Lesnar Did, which Makes it All the More REMARKABLE that he ENDED the Fight LESS than a Full Round Later...

Brock Lesnar just MIGHT B "The BADDEST Man on the Planet"...

REED:bears:

16. Anthony

Motherfucker
    You should watch some Nog's old fights. What you saw from lesner was just like Nog in his prime. Nog would take a beating the whole fight until you got tired and then comeback and beat you.

17. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I agree. Is there anything that can zap a fighter's will more than being beaten while laying on his back? Some of the elbows would have folded the average guy's will.

I'll say it again, when Brock scrambled and got back to his feet at the end of round 1 EVERYONE at my house knew Carwin was done. Because as much as getting dominated could have zapped Lesnar's will, watching him get back up afterwards had to do even more damage to Carwin's mentality.

18. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Yeah, you could see it on his face in between rounds too. I didn't want to be there anymore.

19. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

agREED...

Carwin ENDS Fights w/1 or 2 Shots...According to ESPN, Carwin Landed OVER 50 CONSECUTIVE Shots, Many of them FLUSH, yet Lesnar NEVER Lost Conciousness...He Turtled Up a Few Times & was as CLOSE to Being Stopped as REED's Ever Seen, but Lesnar Deserves the ULTIMATE Credit for Weathering that Shit & WINNING the Fight...

Shit, SURVIVING the Fight would've Been an Achievement in Itself, but Lesnar WON that Shit!...

REED:bears:

20. Anthony

Motherfucker
    When this happened i was screaming at the TV. :lol:

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Nah...REED Rolled Out to a Sports Bar but Didn't Get There Until the Leben-Akiyama Fight, which was Also RIDICULOUS....

REED:hammert:

22. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

So was Lytle/Brown. Some great matchup on this card.:bears:

23. TraZ

TraZ WBC Champion

Home Page:
    he took a punch and folded like a chair

how the fuck didnt carwin finish that fight

24. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I may start a Chris Lytle bandwagon. The dude loves to slug, throws big bombs and is never shy about exchanging, but the submissions in his last two fights have been incredible.

Plus the guy has 50+ MMA Pro fights and has never been stopped (Cuts once) while working as a full-time firefighter. And he's fought a virtual who's who of MMA from Hughes, Riggs, Alves, Parisyan, Diaz, Lawler, Koscheck, Marcus Davis and way back with Shonie Carter.

He must be like the dream type of fighter to have in your promotion. Can't be stopped, loves to slugs, gets hit alot and has sick subs. Yes, I must do a Lytle Bandwagon.

25. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

He blew his wad faster than TLC on prom night.

26. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

Like I said what he did in r2 was remarkable and that IMO proves he deserves the HW title. How ever, I remember Carwin trowing an uppercut and Brock was on queer st in a tutu...

I dont remember him catching Brock with any other KO shots, maybe Im wrong Ill watch it again..

27. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

No shame in being hurt by a single punch from Shane Carwin. Ask Gonzaga.
    That being said, I've rewatched it and the uppercut, the knee and multiple elbows and punches on the ground were enough to stop alot of guys.

The thing that bothered me was how Brock reacted when hit. He didn't stay in the pocket and throw. He retreated against the cage and left himself vulnerable to more shots. A guy with more discipline to pick his shots could be a problem for Lesnar.

28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Isn't Really Tripping Off of how Lesnar Reacted to Carwin's Shots, Because the Thing is, WHO'S Gonna HIT Brock as HARD &/or FREQUENTLY as Carwin Did???...

Again, this Dude HADN'T fought in just about a Full Calendar YEAR...Nonetheless, Lesnar Took THE BEST Shots from a CERTIFIED MMA BANGER, Lived to Tell about it AND WON the Fight...

Sure, Lesnar was Rocked, Hurt, Dropped & even RAN & COWERED AWAY from the Shots @ Times, but he WEATHERED that Shit, Fellas...When the Ref Let Brock Know that he was Close to STOPPING the Fight, Brock RESPONDED...MOST Guys would've MAINTAINED their Fetal Positioning & Allowed the Ref to STOP it...

Lesnar TOOK the Ass Whipping, Wiped the Blood from BOTH Eye's & then Made an UNDEFEATED Cat TAPthefuckOUT, Less than a Full Round Later...

REED Hasn't Been Watching MMA All that Loooooooong, but what Lesnar Did Last Night is 1 of the More AMAZING Feats REED's Seen in an Octagon....

REED:hammert:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  29. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I think he could have handled himself better after getting hit, but then i remember this is Shane. Everyone and their mother is telling him hard he hits. Some im sure he didnt even want to chance it. He just wanted get the fuck out of harm quick and regroup.

But definately brock's training needs to now consist of taking punches from the ground and standup.

30. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

You know, the thing that gets lost in this fight is how smoothly Brock transitioned from half guard to mount and then to side control. And then moving exactly the right direction to really sink the triangle in tighter was pretty solid BJJ.

I don't think he was too worried about arm postion or anything. He looked like he was trying to crush a watermelon with that torque.