Mayweather just apologized for racist rant

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Explosivo, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Explosivo

Explosivo Undisputed Champion

2. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Somebody told him to do it.

3. Explosivo

Explosivo Undisputed Champion

No doubt.

Man, that guy has some serious insecurity issues.

4. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

LOL what a tool. If you ain't racist Floyd, don't say racist shit. It's quite simple.

5. Ron King 702

Ron King 702 Undisputed Champion

What's racist? Im pretty sire they cook up rick with dogmeat in the phillipines. Just like I love burritos and tacos. Who cares.........

6. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Piss off Floyd, you're about as interesting as a wooden screwdriver.

7. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    They did to Hatton?:Steve-Dave/MMA:

8. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Quite. It's like calling me a haggis or some nonsense.:boring: Floyd shoulda responded to the shit storm by upping the ante with something interesting at last. Like calling him a slanty, cross fire eyed gook-chimp roid-acel bunny or some such.

Some actual racism would at least make this saga less interminably dull.

9. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Just once i'd like to see somebody NOT apologize for "insensitive" remarks.

Now guys who's job it is to beat people to a pulp have to be politically correct? Ugh.

10. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah I know...two guys beat the shit out of each other for three minutes. Then one of their cornermen swears and the commentary team apologize for it. :dunno: WTF is up with that. We tuned in to see violence. Who cares if someone sweared!!!!

11. bigdawg

bigdawg Undisputed Champion

P.O.

Yeah right. If that wasn't the case you wouldn't be in this thread commenting. You care what comes out of his mouth just like everyone else. I'll Holla 5000

12. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

The whole thing is absurd and getting worse. Every time you hear about somebody making any kind of comment(s) that some sissy out there might be offended by, immediately afterward the official apology comes.

:rolleyes:

13. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I think Mayweather should apologize Mosley 300 times for all the punches he hit him with

14. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Didn't click on the link, mate!:Thumbs: My heart is pure. I just clicked on the thread to run my mouth about a pro athlete and feel like a big man.

15. bigdawg

P.O.

With all the racist shit that goes on with soccer. I never hear you comment about that? I'll Holla 5000

16. Slice N Dice

Such as?

17. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Floyd Should Apologize for NEGLECTING the Sport that Made him Rich & Famous....

REED:boohoo:

18. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    How do you mean?

19. bigdawg

P.O.

Are you fucking kidding me? I'll Holla 5000

20. Slice N Dice

21. Outlander

Outlander Leap-Amateur

I want fighters to spew insensitive garbage. Their profession is wrapping their hands up so they don't hurt their fingers while they collide their fists with someone else's skull at high velocity, and they enjoy it. Sure, some elite fighters are eloquent and careful when they speak. That's about 5%. The rest are just sort of stream-of-consciousness without any firewall, and of course that is a recipe for eruption when a fighter's brain (often post fight) is allowed free expression.

There is bound to be someone out there offended by this thread. Or offended by this whole forum. I am reasonably certain that you could take almost any institution, object, act, word, person, phrase, food item, you name it, and find SOMEONE who is offended by it.

I am not in favor of everyone going on hardcore racist diatribes advocating genocide of some ethnicity or something. But can't you expect some slurs to drop in there when a fighter disparages his potential opponent? I think it's good to hype things up and build some emotion for the fight. A huge part of what makes fights exciting and memorable is how you feel about the characters in the play. I loved watching Tito turn Mayorga's innards to liquid because he talked such vicious shit in the pressers. Otherwise that fight is sort of a meaningless mismatch.

How am I supposed to rally behind or against fighters who are tripping over each other to say "I'm sorry!"? I guess I'd be more likely to root for Manny to punish Floyd for apologizing.

22. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

agREED

23. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    I think we might be a crossed wires here, Im not even sure what the question is.:scared2:

There's allot racism in football if that's what you mean, though no more of less than anything else billions of people follow....I don't generally comment on it because 99% of what I comment on football wise is to do with Celtic. I don't really give a shit about football out with that.

But I never criticised Floyd for being racist here anyway, so Im not sure why we're bringing that angle up.

24. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I don't know... didn't really read much like an apology to me. He's not sorry for actually saying what he said, but that people took offense to it. I know he said the word "apologize" but also claimed to not be a racist, which is bullshit because he long ago outed himself in that regard.

agREED with TWIN... if anything, apologize for repeatedly disrespecting the sport, especially to whatever true fans he still has left.

25. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I love apologies like this. As if there is anything Floyd can say that will make anyone believe that this outburst was some anamoly. The truth is that Floyd in the outburst is a far more honest representation of his actual personality than the Floyd in the apology video.

And so what. People say things about stereotypes of other races whether angry, joking or just talking. It's doesn't mean they hate the othe race or want them eliminated from the face of the earth. It's just talk.

Personally I'd rather hear celebrities be real than listen to the scripted apologies that attempt to make them sound completely opposite than what they really are.

26. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

:bears:

27. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

agREED....

That's Why Stand Up Comedians have it MADE, Professionally...People RARELY, if Ever, Hold their Politically UNcorrect Comments Against Them...

REED:mj:

28. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Quit being a wimp here Hut. This is just another Floyd thread where guys like Bigdawg, Neil, and RJJP4P#1 come into a thread to defend Floyd without once ever actually responded to the thread's topic with sensible discussion.

I get dizzy wondering if I'm having deja vu reading the hundreth time that Bigdawg claims we care about Floyd because we're discussing him in the topic at hand. I guess the fact that this is a boxing forum and Floyd just so happens to be a boxer has nothing to do with it.

The shit is ridiculous, I guess it means I was thinking about Wlad Klitchko all day if I click on a thread about him and post an opinion.

29. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Floyd's just mad.I think he envy's the way people treat Pacquiao.

30. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I agree that he envy's Pacquiao, but it's only because Pacquiao gets the treatment and accolades that Floyd should have been getting long ago. Everyone recognizes Floyd's brilliance but it just doesn't get appreciated at the mainstream level like Pacquiao because Pacquiao does it with excitement and KO's.

Floyd's like a brilliant consistent winner like Tim Duncan getting overshadowed by the highflying dunks of a Vince Carter and that eats away at him.

It's probably why he's constantly bringing up his undefeated record because maybe it's not so much that he loves the record but that it speaks on his level of consistency and is his trump card as far as being a bigger winner than his opposition.

Looking at it like that it'd be so much easier to pity Floyd if it wasn't for the fact that he's such an egotistical douche.