What Animal Could I Beat in a Fight? What Boxer could you beat?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Boxingfan25, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

Hey I've been thinking about this fun and wild question: What animal could I beat in a fight? I know it sounds a bit out there, but hear me out. I wanted to share a bit about my background so you can understand where I'm coming from and then maybe you all can chime in with your thoughts and suggestions.

My Background:

- I did a bit of wrestling in high school. I wasn’t varsity but I held my own.

- I served a short stint in the military, which gave me some combat training.

- As a kid, I trained in Taekwondo and karate.

- In my mid-twenties, I picked up boxing. I did a lot of cardio kickboxing classes and some boxing classes. I sparred a bit but nothing too heavy.

- I've been in about 10 street fights, winning around 7 or 8 of them.

- I lift weights regularly, but I'm a bit on the heavy side. I’m 5'7" and weigh between 240-250 pounds.

So, given my background, here are a few animals I think I could potentially take on in a fight:

1. House Cat- I feel confident that my size and training would give me the upper hand.

2. Raccoon - They’re feisty, but with my strength and some boxing skills, I think I could handle one.

3.Medium-Sized Dog (like a Beagle) - This could be tougher, but I think my wrestling background would help.

4. Wild Turkey - They can be aggressive, but I think I could outmaneuver one.

Of course, this is all hypothetical and for fun. I respect animals and wouldn’t actually want to harm any. I'm curious to hear your thoughts. What animals do you think you could beat in a fight? And based on my background...do you think I could take on something more challenging?

On another note...this got me thinking: which professional boxer could I realistically take on? Here are a few names that come to mind, considering their style and power:

Paulie Malignaggi - Known for his technical skills rather than knockout power. While he's a former champion, his lack of power might give me a chance.

Chris Algieri - A solid boxer with good skills, but not known for his heavy punches. His fights often go the distance.

Sven Ottke - Retired and known for his defensive style and winning decisions rather than knockouts. Given his age and style, it could be an interesting match-up.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions and having some fun with this topic.

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Paulie, Algeri, and Ottke would all smoke your ass in less time than it took Tyson to dispatch Spinks.

3. Boxingfan25

I got heavy hands.

4. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Esk59 is back ^

George Crowcroft and Xplosive like this.
  5. Xplosive

First thing I thought.

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Can Any Fightbeater Whip Claressa Shields in a Boxing Match???...

REED:eek:

Boxingfan25 likes this.
  7. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Probably no due to a professional athlete's cardio alone. Street fight would be different.

Xplosive likes this.
  8. Boxingfan25

I would destroy her. No capping.

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Claressa's Put in a Good 2-3 Years of MMA Training Also...Worked Closely w/Holly Holm at the Jackson/Wink Facility in Albuquerque...She's Easily a Lightheavy When Not Competing...

No, Claressa Isn't a Certified MMAist By Any Stretch, But Even a Streetfight Against Her Would Be NO Guarantee...

REED:afro:

10. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Good points. Street fight is no mma fight though. You can bite the cunt in the cunt or hit her in the face with a spatula. Anything goes

11. Xplosive

I sure as shit couldn't beat Claressa NOW! I'm an outta shape dad in my 40s and I'm lucky if I have the time to hit the gym once weekly. She'd beat me on youth, cardio, and experience alone. Currently, I weigh 210. Not a sloppy 210 by any means, I carry it well, but definitely off my prime weight.

Back in my 20s when I was working out HARD 5-6 days a week - including time spent in both the regular gym and boxing gym - and i was cut and rock hard 185 - I'd give myself a live shot in a street fight back then. Claressa, just physiologically speaking, certainly wasn't as physically strong as I was. And I was fast enough at that point that if I caught her with a good shot, I think I'd hurt her.

A woman boxer would be the LIMIT of whom I could whup in my prime.

You'll never ever hear me say that at any point in my life I could take on any semi-decent male pro.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
    puerto rock likes this.
  12. Xplosive

Speaking of semi-decent former male pros - last week I was in the barber shop at 6am, and the only other dude in there waiting to a get a cut was former cruiserweight champ Imamu Mayfield.

Even though dude is now 52, he keeps in superb shape, and I was just thinking to myself while making small talk w/him how EASILY he could end me if we fought.

13. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    You'll have a heavy fucking lip

Hut*Hut likes this.
  14. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I remember he came to England and fought Terry Dunstan in an awful fight in Hull. Ibf cruiser. I think he lost to King Arthur who in turn lost to Jirov who in turn lost to Toney. That was all in about 6 years.

Xplosive likes this.
  15. Xplosive

Imamu wasn't exactly Joe Louis in terms of skill, but he had a huge right hand. Stylewise, he was actually similar to Randall Bailey.

16. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

As a 42 year old guy with a bad right knee, it would be hard to get in there and compete at any level. I used to be in the 160s and while never super cut, I was solid, and always had good cardio from playing futból and basketball and boxing 4 days a week.

But at my best, maybe I could have given Christy Martin a run for her money. I don’t see myself hanging with any semi decent pro MALE fighter.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
    Irish likes this.
  17. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

I think you could possibly take down a domestic female cat, but I think a retarded ginger street-tomcat would tear your ass up.

[​IMG]

Neil and Boxingfan25 like this.
  18. Xplosive

At least BF is saying he beat washed up non-elites like Paulie and Algeri.

ESK told us he could whup Trimidad at the point which Tito was top 3 P4P.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  19. Xplosive

Dumbasses "til this day" underestimate the strength of wild predators, even small ones.

A male Canadian lynx - even though it's not a cougar or a leopard - could kill the vast majority of men in a fight unless said man had a weapon.

Greynotsoold likes this.
  20. Boxingfan25

I totally agree with your point about how we often underestimate animals. Even small animals can be incredibly dangerous. Case in point, there’s a story from Russia about an elderly lady who found and took in what she thought was a stray cat. She fed and cared for it as a pet. One day when she was away, burglars broke into her house and surprisingly the kiddy "cat" attacked them fiercely and severely fucked up the burglars. When the police arrived they discovered that the animal wasn't a regular cat it was a wild cat also known as a manul. These cats resemble domestic cats but are much more deadly. Humans are not naturally equipped for one-on-one combat. We lack the claws, sharp teeth, and physical defenses that many animals have. Without our intelligence and tools we would stand no chance. If push came to shove I could possibly beat smaller or a sick/injured wild animal like a grey goose or a baby kangaroo but even then I would likely suffer serious injuries. But Paulie is another story id knock his gwine's ass out.

21. Boxingfan25

I don't know why but I just have a feeling your yanking our chain. Are you really from England? I think youre Mexfighter from boxingfanatics posing as an English dude lol.

22. winner by choke

winner by choke Undisputed Champion

I think alot of guys in here when they were younger would beat Shields relatively easily. I don't think men vs women is a fair or level playing field, especially in fighting.

And to OP you definitely have a better chance VS a kangaroo than against Paulie Malignaggi or Sven Ottke. Especially if you mean in the ring, where your chances are basically zero.

I unfortunately know/knew people who fought dogs and bet money on them. After my brief experience around that, I feel like pretty much noone can even beat a pitbull. (They can avoid death, but certainly not win).

Big cats, forget about it.

23. Xplosive

A trained professional (meaning either with combat experience or military training) could probably fight well enough to fend off the attack of a cheetah.

Once you get to a cougar or leopard, training doesn't matter. You'd be AT BEST seriously mauled if you didn't have a weapon.

Tiger, lion, or jaguar, forget it. Doesn't matter the caliber of the man. You'd be dead very quickly.

Boxingfan25 likes this.
  24. Boxingfan25

I respect your opinion, but I feel like I would definitely have a shot against Pauly. I mean, he's not that tough. I've seen him fight MMA guys, and those fights were pretty even. The MMA guys weren't even good at boxing...they were more focused on wrestling. I'll be honest, in the street fights I've been in, I've won most of them because I'm more aggressive. I learned a long time ago that the guy who throws the first punch usually wins in a street fight. I also have a heavy hand, so I know that if I land a good punch, I'll at least gain some respect, or maybe even knock the guy out. That gives me an advantage, in my opinion.

When I throw the first punch and they feel it, they often become hesitant and sometimes don't fight back because they feel that power. I'm not saying I have Mike Tyson's power—obviously not. I'm just a regular guy. But being a regular guy doesn't mean you can't punch hard. There are a lot of regular guys who can punch harder than some of the pros. I know Pauly punches like a bitch, so that's why I think I could take him on.

As for Claressa Shields, I feel like I would beat her because I don't think I could lose to a woman. I used to practice boxing, and I've sparred with women before. They didn't stand a chance. I once knocked a woman down with a jab unintentionally. We were sparring, things got a little heated, and I accidentally knocked her down with a stiff jab. My coach got a little upset and told me to take it easy on her. It wasn't like I was trying to hurt her...I just threw the jab a bit too hard.

25. Xplosive

Lmaooo!!!! This guy is trolling.

Paulie would beat the ever living fuck outta you. In the ring OR in a street fight. Hate Paulie all you want, but he's not some suburb kid.

Bensonhurst, Brooklyn is the Italian "hood". You can't be soft growing up there. I'm SURE Paulie had many a street fight growing up.. a lot more experience at it than you.

meetthefeebles likes this.
  26. Greynotsoold

Greynotsoold WBC Champion

Cats are tough but bears are easy. All you have to do is get their back. The rear naked choke was invented for bears.

Azazel and Xplosive like this.
  27. Xplosive

Agreed. Works everytime on a grizzly.

Greynotsoold likes this.
  28. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    who would win in a free for all 3 man brawl between boxingfan25, esk59 and orion ?

Xplosive likes this.
  29. Xplosive

Could all 3 combined take Stinger?

30. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah it was his right hand thay did it.. .it was Hearns-Lite.

Xplosive likes this.