What Animal Could I Beat in a Fight? What Boxer could you beat?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Boxingfan25, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    The watermelons

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

gratist whut iff bocksing storry uv are tymes

read

Irish and Xplosive like this.
  3. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    I thought Jirov beat Toney. I remember it being a hell of a fight. I was in Rockford, Illinois on business, watching in my hotel room.

4. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

I remember Toney hurting Jirov. Never really saw toney hurt once in the fight. I was rooting for Jirov too but Toney won.

5. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

It should go without saying, but just for those who need to hear it again - there is no chance that anyone on this forum could beat any professional level boxer. None. I used to box and did so for about ten years. I was pretty decent and won some fights.

The step-up in level from that to world titlists like Ottke and Paulie is absolutely gigantic. The OP wouldn't last a round against any of those guys. Nor would I.

MTF

6. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

LOL you are way out of your mind

7. Azazel

I could beat a ton of elite pro fighters in a street fight, some of you guys seems to think they are some kind of superman. Of course though, it would only be the smaller ones against which I hold a significant weight/strength advantages (I'm a solid 200 lbs in good shape with some skills). Those around my size would most likely slaughter me quite easily. The midgets would toy with me in a boxing match too

Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
  8. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

A male Canadian lynx would maul the shit outta a grown man unless said man had a weapon. Now, because it's a lynx and not a jaguar, the man would have a good shot at survival, but you'd definitely be in the hospital.

Lynx have enough power to take down full grown deer. We aren't talking a house cat here.

Punk likes this.
  9. Boxingfan25

Totally agree Azazel... You hit the nail on the head. These "superman" fighters are just regular dudes when you take them out of the ring. I'm convinced that with our size and natural strength, we'd have no trouble handling them in a street fight. I mean sure they might have some fancy footwork and quick jabs but when it comes to raw power, we've got the edge.

I've always believed that if I faced someone like Pauly Malinagy or even Devin Haney on the streets it wouldn't be much of a contest. Your 200 lbs of solid muscle and even average skills would be an unstoppable force against those lighter guys. You would crush Marco Antonio Barrera in a street fight or Paulie Ayala. It's good to know someone else sees things the same way... makes me even more confident we could take on these so called "elite" fighters. Keep spreading the truth, man.

10. Boxingfan25

Luckily, lynxes don't normally attack humans. Truth be told, most wild animals are terrified of humans and would rather avoid us. It's as if they inherited that fear of humans. Now, a grizzly or a large cat... those are the real man-eaters.

Xplosive likes this.
  11. Xplosive

Grizzlies are far and away the most dangerous predators to humans. I wanna say that they've killed more humans over the years than lions and Tigers, but because of how vast and populated India and Africa are, that's probably not true. I'd guess that tigers have killed the most humans of the three. Tigers are far more prone to be man eaters than lions are.

I think what's so terrifying about dying by a grizzly compared to dying by a big cat is that a lion or tiger will look to kill you quickly, then eat you.

A grizzly will eat you while you're still alive.

12. winner by choke

winner by choke Undisputed Champion

I wanna say jaguars are the #1 people killing animal. Either way, they're all devastating.

13. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Jaguars are scary. Would be a horrible way to die.

14. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

None of you cunts would lay a glove on a champion pro boxer, street or ring, unless he was asleep.

A relative of mine was a 5-1 pro and I've moved around with him a few times and it resembles a baby giraffe in the ring with a lion, I barely hit him. And he wasn't even that good lol.

A good mate of mine was a top local amateur with around 20 fights, and he sparred with a retired Olympic amateur who got to the second round in Barcelona. He couldn't lay a glove on the guy and got folded in 10 seconds.

There are so many levels to boxing it's not funny.

15. Xplosive

They're the only big cat that kills by biting into the skull.

16. puerto rock

The way they kill crocs and effortlessly drag them away afterwards is a sight to be hold. Their bite PSI is like double a male lion’s or something like that.

17. Xplosive

Jaguars are very much the Tyson of big cats. Short, compact, but fast and powerful as fuck.

Male lions are like a prime Foreman. Brute power.

Tigers are like L.Lewis. Devestating power, but with more speed and athleticism than lions.

puerto rock likes this.
  18. puerto rock

Good analogy. Never thought of it that way but it makes sense.

To further add, It would be easy to assume that crocs have the advantage in water but jaguars are also apparently excellent swimmers.

19. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism

:Jest:

meetthefeebles and Xplosive like this.
  20. Neil

Toss Jaques rougeau in the mix with smegman, Orion, esk, boxingfag25. The royal rumble pool is getting deeper with certified gladiators

Xplosive likes this.
  21. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Threads like this always separate those who have actually done some combat training and those who like to think they have because they've watched some fights.

MTF

Punk likes this.
  22. Punk

It's also why we need to respect fighters who get bashed in the face for a living, it's really fucking difficult to be good at this game.

meetthefeebles likes this.
  23. Punk

Wild dogs like coyotes, foxes, wolves etc are more likely to go for your legs or ankles, bite you, wrestle you down then finish you.

A Canadian Lynx will jump on your face and bunny-kick your eyes out of their sockets.

Xplosive likes this.
  24. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I for one think Boxingfan25 can defeat a wild animal and highly encourage him to do so.

Double L likes this.
  25. Deasil

Deasil Leap-Amateur

This. And it's not just ability or size or strength. These guys at the top level are also wired differently when it comes to taking pain and punishment. Paulie Malignaggi after being retired for two years at the age of 39 and in a career as a commentater had no qualms with coming back and having a bare knuckle fight where got smashed up and broke both his hands. Most of us aren't used to basically getting hammered and disfigured and fighting on without even the emotional fuel of anger or survival as a reason to be there.

Guys like that shake off broken noses and broken teeth and come back for more, when most of us would think "fuck this shit" and bail.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2024
    meetthefeebles, Xplosive and Punk like this.
  26. Azazel

It's not because you've sparred a couple of pros and fought a couple of amateur fights that you're some reference on fighting lol. basically everyone on fightbeat has done it. Maybe you just sucked or are diminutivesized weakling like Kneel but don't assume that's the case for everyone here. Again no one is talking about beating a Joe Calzaghe in the street (as Cleanyourclock once stated) or, gap, a prime Trinidad in the ring.

No insults intended but I remember most of you guys pictures and true it seems that most would stand no chance even vs a strawweight or female fighter in a streetfight , and that was 10 years ago when you were closer to your physical primes. As a reference I bench close to 250 lbs (2 plates +10lbs) for 5 reps (clean and without belt) while the average man probably struggles to reach 100 lbs and a runt like Kneel do 65 lbs at most. So while sure, this does not necessarily translate into fighting prowess (though I boxed for over 20 years and did a bit of MMA), it safe to say that my reality is probably far different than most here, yours included.

Not saying I'm the second coming of Tyson or anything close to it, but I find this belief that a pro fighter would automatically break the jaw, with his first punch, of some strong athletic guy who outweigh him by more than 60 lbs to be extremely childish. But a lot of people too thought Bruce Lee could take Tyson so whatever helps you sleep at night I guess...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
  27. Azazel

Btw we have videos of 2 UFC hall of famers (Bj Penn and Don Frye) getting knocked out by similar sized ''regular'' tough guys in street fights (and most would argue that MMA is better suited than boxing for streetfighting). Sure there were some mitigating factors, and both opponents obviously knew what they were doing (especially Frye's one who is supposedly a boxing coach) but these guys are not the superhuman some of you childishly believes. And size and strength do matter a lot

28. Azazel

No one is talking about ''boxing'' with a top fighter lol, whether in the ring or in the street. So it has nothing to do with laying a glove on them but everything with: "what a midgetweight gonna do vs a strong athletic dude who got 60 lbs of solid muscle on him after he gets slamed on his head"?? I mean, sure there's a chance he catches him with a bomb beforehand and wins but more likely than not, he gets mauled...

29. Neil

30. Azazel

On second thought, most of you guys think this takes you out so can't say I'm too surprised you feel the same for a strawweight lol