What Animal Could I Beat in a Fight? What Boxer could you beat?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Boxingfan25, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

I think Tito Ortiz got kod by a tough guy from england in a street fight. So yeah I totally agree its possible.

2. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

He got his ass kicked by Lee Murray who was a top MMA contender at 185 lbs at the time, so he was definitely no average Joe (also was part of one of history's biggest heist so quite an interesting story to him). Still, I think it's pretty much a given Ortiz would have won quite handily in a sanctioned fight so just goes to show that it does not 100% translate into a real fight.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    Jesus of montreal likes this.
  3. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

You guys are tripping. When I was a bouncer, one of the guys I worked with was a former Canadian supermiddle champ (he was in his 20s at the time, though to be honest, he was an undersized sm), and he got manhandled more than a few times by big, but not out of this world big guys.

Size and strength are incredibly important in a street fight

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
  4. Jesus of montreal

LOL, what is this madness?? You obviously never have been around a lynx, or even a person who's ever been around a lynx.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...wqsBegQIGBAG&usg=AOvVaw0rH_McYgSi9MWPIPXQ5Omx

5. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    super middleweight champ of canadia :Jest::Jest::Jest:

6. Jesus of montreal

If you tried to throw hands with him, of course you're toast. I don't think anybody would say otherwise. But the thing is is that these small guys are incredibly easy to take to the ground, if you have some strength and size on them, if you know a little bit of wrestling.

We have ton of videos of boxers getting into altercations and ending on their butt rather easily (he'll, see plant a few days ago who went down from a shove).

Azazel likes this.
  7. Azazel

Honestly, you got to be a Grade A nerd who's way out of the game to think that a Chocolatito or a Paulie Ayala would be some kind of killers in the streets lol. Way out of the game with a capital W. This is close to sewer alligators and Lockness Monster silliness.

There's tons of big tough guys that would handle a Malignaggi or a Devin Haney type easily. Nothing exceptional about it.

8. Jesus of montreal

I think Hollywood movies has most in here have a completely distorted vision of what a street fight is. Most of these fights are not two people circling each other's in a large area and throwing strikes, but consist mostly of dirty boxing and mauling in a vey small area. What would a guy like chocolatito do against a 200 guy in shape that charges at him? He better hope that he ko him with the first punches or two that he trows, or he's getting slammed to the ground, wheres he's basically defenseless. And no, again, contrary to what Hollywood superhero shit makes you believe, boxers and fighters don't usually ko regular guys bigger than them with a punch or two ( hell, even mike fucking tyson didn't do shit to the security guard that went between him and Lewis at the press conference).

9. Neil

:emoji_frog: :Jest:

Street fight means some big fagget wants to grab and wrestle a more skilled guy to the ground he may get his head kicked in or hit with a brick. Is this one of them Street fights in the forest where no one is around and its 1 v 1?

If a :emoji_frog: is killed in a forest does it make a sound?

10. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

I dunno what streets are like in Canada, but in Australia the guys who win streetfights are 99% highly trained boxers, Thaiboxers or cage fighters, pro and amateur. The "rowdy big tough guys" are the ones getting rinsed by the trained fighters.

That local amateur I mentioned had a crew of amateur boxers (mostly welters/middles) he'd roll with and they literally went out every Friday night as a gang looking for "rowdy big tough guys" to fuck up, including as many bouncers as they could lay their hands on.

Sure one of them might get sucker punched or jumped by a group, but man on man they just fucked tough guys up at will. Except the night they all took LSD, that did not end well for them.

meetthefeebles likes this.
  11. Azazel

Don't get me wrong the high level boxers have a huge advantage against anyone close to their weight, no one is disputing this.

A pro mw with a big punch, walking at around 180 lbs (without a lot of fat on him) will fuck up pretty much anyone except the very big guy who knows what he do (which are obviously very few and far between). Especially so if he has the mindset of your friend.

A Barerra or a Bam Rodriguez however??? No not a chance no matter how amazing they are in the ring.

12. winner by choke

winner by choke Undisputed Champion

I think alot of it is mindset combined with size and strength. There definitely are some vicious little guys.

Thr reality is street fights are too unpredictable, and being bigger and stronger just favors anyone. Of course athletic ability also is a factor.

I don't doubt if devin haney "took it outside" with a big strong guy and just danced around him for a minute or two the guy would gas and he would win.

I think alot of it also comes down to natural punching power. I've see guys like Floyd hit the bag and they literally punch as hard as random 14 yr old skinny teens. Yet I've seen other small guys throw bombs with devastating power. I don't think who would win in boxing carries over really at all to real fighting.

Also in real fights seems like whoever has numbers has huge advantage , but in the theoretical "fair" street fight... yeah size matters.

I used to train in BJJ, did amateur boxing, amateur MMA, etc. And I sparred and trained with alot of big pussies and alot of small guys who were tough, but there is definitely some level of like too big and strong where your chances diminish rapidly.

Jesus of montreal and Azazel like this.
  13. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I could beat Frank "The animal" Fletcher. Beat him with a shotgun.

Azazel likes this.
  14. Jesus of montreal

Lets not forget that top US amateur and street fighter extraordinaire,Karl Eggman, had to fall back on his patented nipple twister in order to beat a bigger and stronger guy

15. Neil

Stinger never lost to a Frenchman. Viva tejas

16. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    5'7, 240lb??? you're not making it out of the first round against anyone

meetthefeebles and Xplosive like this.
  17. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Bingo. The OP has been lost among the usual internet nonsense but some additional points can be made.

Of course, it is theoretically possible that an elite level midget boxer might get grappled to death by a 250lb weightlifter with a decent level of fight training before the boxer gets a chance to throw hands. As JOM alludes to; in these circumstances, size can make a difference. But the weightlifter probably has to be skilled enough, or have a good enough chin, not to get hit with about six punches he probably doesn't see to get inside enough to make size count. And it's the punches you don't see that KO you, rather than the power shots that you do see.

What the OP claims is that his undersized, overweight, 'done a bit of fighting at school and in the military' arse would have an 'interesting fight' with a former 168lb world champion. Not a chance.

MTF

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    Azazel likes this.
  18. meetthefeebles

You need more than 'a bit of wrestling' to get inside an elite fighter, and a significant size advantage. It's doable, but it's dependent on loads of variables.

MTF

19. meetthefeebles

I've trained almost all of my adult life (bar a few years in my late 20s when I preferred the pub to the gym lol). I'm 43, 5' 10" and 168lb of lean muscle. I've got excellent cardio - I ran the Great North Run 1/2 marathon in 1.42 last year and have run it in eight of the last ten years. I posted a picture of me at the finish here a few years ago when JOM and I were calling each other online names and he called me a fat cunt (or similar) lol

I've had about forty amateur boxing fights and won far more than I lost. I've sparred hundreds of rounds with Travis and Jon Lewis Dickinson at Birtley BC, among others. My uncle, who got us into boxing and trained me and my brothers for ten years, was a professional middleweight boxer who fought for the British championship in the 1960s (Tommy Baldwin on boxrec, if anyone cares). I also trained karate for six years before I boxed and did five years of Muay Thai.

Does any of this mean that I'm 'some reference on fighting'? Maybe not. But I can categorically laugh at your claim that I might be a 'diminutive weakling', 'fought a couple of amateur fights' or that I'd have 'no chance against a straweight' etc. I accept that a well schooled, very heavy guy might be able to get inside a trained fighter and grapple the life out of him. If that what you claim to be, I've no way of disproving it and you might be right. But the OP is short, heavy and has only a basic schooling in fighting generally. He claimed he'd have an 'interesting fight' with a former 168lb boxing world champion. I call bullshit.

MTF

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024 at 12:27 AM
    Azazel likes this.
  20. Double L

Double L Book Reader

21. Jesus of montreal

Not really. You shoot for the legs and its pretty much sure you get a hold on him, except if he ko you coming in (considering that im double the size a midgetweight, the chance are rather low). After that, it would be very easy for me to take him down and choke him or gnp him unconscious (im 230 of muscle, have some decent grappling skills (few years of mma training), and very strong (benched and squatted more than 400 pounds).

Again, im not saying im an exceptional fighter, nor that i would beat a trained boxer near my size, but beating a midgetweight in a streerfight is far from a big deal, if you grapple with him. Striking with him would be a whole other story, but you'd have to me a complete idiot to do so

22. Jesus of montreal

Not with wild lions and cougars. Go ask any grown man that have been around lynx if they would kill them, and youll get laugh out of the room

23. meetthefeebles

A man your size probably does beat a midget weight, presuming you can get inside. I agree. The size discrepancy would be massive.

Remember that the OP claims to be 5' 7" and capable of beating a former 168lb world boxing champion. That is the context of this discussion.

MTF

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024 at 12:27 AM
  24. Jesus of montreal

Well, you claimed that nobody here would beat any elite boxer. Thats what i was responding to. Cause i think that more than a few guys in here could beat lightweights and lower by grappling with them

i wouldnt like my chance at all against 168 boxers, ive seen pascal, bute and stevenson irl, and these guys would be easily in the 200 pounds + if they weren't weight draining

25. meetthefeebles

How small do you think midgetweight goes? Genuine question. The OP is referencing world champions, so let's take Manny Pac as an example. Do you honestly think your size negates his obvious skillset and aggression?

MTF

26. Jesus of montreal

Manny is a different beast, since he has an uncanny combo of size and power. But hes still a very small guy. To be honest, its not a topic that interest me a lot (im not a fan of these kinds of dick messuring competition). The only point i wanted to make is that its possible to beat an elite boxer/ fighter in a fight, if you have a bit of skills, but above all, a lot of size and strength on him. As i said, ive seen it during the years i was a bouncer

27. Double L

Double L Book Reader

What other kind of cougar or lion is there? Nonetheless, you may be right. I wouldn't know. But I wouldn't fuck with one. I saw one at a zoo recently and it was surprisingly big, although it was a Eurasian one, not a Canada lynx.

28. meetthefeebles

I'm genuinely not trying to play silly cunts here. My position on how a non-trained boxer fares against the kind of elite fighter the OP referenced is posted in the thread. I'm not a weightlifter or a massive, bulky gadge, so that position is based on what I am and what my experience tells me. I'm genuinely curious as to how far the size discrepancy has to go before you'd be confident your size advantage would do the job.

The OP referenced a bunch of world champions. Are there any at any weight you'd be confident you could negate outside the boxing ring?

MTF

29. Jesus of montreal

Tamed ones

Canadian lynx are about half the size. But you also have to rebember that lynx are much smaller than they look. They have tons of fur on them

30. meetthefeebles

Let's take a good quality elite lightweight. Let's say 135lb Juan Manuel Marquez. A fine world champion but hardly Duran, Benny or Sweet Pea. Is size enough to beat him outside the ring?

MTF

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024 at 12:12 AM