Davis vs Martin

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Explosivo, May 26, 2024.

1. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
  2. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

David "El Tortas" Benevides.

3. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
  4. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Time for Tank to step up his competition…..he been bullshitting for years now….

puerto rock and Xplosive like this.
  5. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I would agree with Screamin A (you'll almost NEVER hear me say that) that Tank is the most exciting fighter in the sport. He's certainly the most explosive one shot KO artist in the sport.

Inoue's also explosive, but because Inoue is so dominant over his comp, its perhaps less compelling. Davis shows vulnerability and drops rounds, therefore you're always on the edge of your seat wondering when/if he's gonna land the bomb that ends the fight.

As for top 5 P4P? No he's not there yet. But of course a borderline casual like Screamin A isn't gonna know that. His resume still isn't good enough. I will say that Tank is one of the top 5 most talented fighters in the sport, but he needs an elite win.

Should he fight and stop Shakur, then yes absolutely he belongs top 5 P4P. But not for beating Frank Martin...

Most exciting fighter in boxing though, yes.

6. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Something else I'll say for positive for Davis is that similar to a young Iron Mike, people perhaps underestimate his ring IQ. Tank has a pretty high ring IQ.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  7. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

And since hes' probably not fighitng Shakur or Loma next then he should get another fight in this year....top 10 guy at 135 should do...knowing his antics his next fight is him slapping up another gf...

puerto rock and Azazel like this.
  8. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

a fight vs Navarette, Berinchyk in 5 months would do...

9. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

It's not so much he's more mature than you thought, it's just an evolution of him maturing as he ages. We shouldn't forget that he was an absolute knuckle-head early on but at the same time he was very young when he earned a lot of money, fame and success and of course he was also influenced and hung around the king of the knuckle heads...Floyd Mayweather.

The thing that pissed me off with this fight was Davis' dispensing with any semblance of boxing and just walking down and striking his opponent while employing a high guard. Not only was it a bad deal for fight fans but I don't think it's good for Tank's career to not work on and keep his skills sharp in a fight like this while also letting his skills decline by choosing to rely mainly on his punching power.

10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

11. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    You think Stevenson v Martin would've been WORSE than the Delos santos fight, reed?

BOLD prediction, can't say I'd agree. If in fact Stevenson had an injury he probably would've postponed it. Plus Martin seemingly doesn't hit as hard so Stevenson may have been less hesitant/ leery of the power. Hard to get any worse than what that shit show turnt out to be

12. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED's Saying SAME Night, SAME "Compromised" Shakur vs. Frank Martin....That's AS Bad and Probably an Even WORSE Bout Than Shakur vs. De los Santos Turned Out to Be...

While De los Santos Should Rightfully SHARE Some of the Blame for the "PUTRICITY" (*the State of Being Putrid:emoji_ok_hand:) of his Bout w/Shakur, He's Still Naturally More AGGRESSIVE Than Frank Martin Is...

Despite His Muscles, Frank's a "Cutey" as they Say, at the Elite Level...& Frank vs the Shakur of the De los Santos Fight Would Shatter Compu-Box FEINTS Records...Would Be a DREADFUL Affair That Does More HARM Than Good to the Reputation's of Both Men, in REED's Opinion...

REED:eek: