Canelo vs Berlanga seems to be finalized.

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by puerto rock, Jul 23, 2024.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Berlanga is both too young and too low IQ to discern when to use it.

Personally, I cringe nowadays when even Black fighters drop the word at pressers. Tank, Haney, Shakur, they all say n*gga at pressers, and it's embarrassing.

Boots seems to be the only one with the sense to know when not use it.

BTW - I'm in the same boat, about that last part. My 8-year-old has never heard me drop the N-bomb.

puerto rock and REEDsART like this.
  2. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Edgar Basura has declared his IQ will be the reason he beats alvarez.

Xplosive likes this.
  3. winner by choke

winner by choke Undisputed Champion

I lived in Los Angeles and Las Vegas and the amount of latinos who use the term is skyrocketing and cringeworthy.

But where I am now (north texas) I almost never hear it, and there are alot more black people out here. Where my wife is from (Atlanta) I never heard it out of a non-black person either. Could be a specific area type of thing.

Doing it around your lame friends is one thing, in public and on a mic is crazy. Especially out of a little joto like Ryan Garcia. He probably feels emboldened by the hanger ons in his crew.

Azazel and Jesus of montreal like this.
  4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Loathes it as Well...

The Tank's, Shakur's and Dev's are WHY Wannabe's Like Ryan are COMPELLED to Use the Word..."Well HE Says it, Why Can't I??"...

Team Boots has Definitely Navigated THOSE Waters Better than Other High Profile Young Black Fighters Have...

Bozy Seems to Be the PERFECT Blend of Fatherly Guidance/Leadership WITHOUT Coming Off as Controlling or Thirsty for Camera Time...Kenny Porter Treated a 30+ Year Old Shawn Porter like He was a CHILD @ Times, PUBLICLY!!!...The Exploits of Bill Haney, Teofimo Sr, Angel Garcia, etc. are Well Known...

The MANAGEMENT of Boots' Career Has Been IFFY @ Best to This Point, the GUIDANCE of Boots as a MAN Has Been Elite Level, However...

REED:Fights:

5. Xplosive

If Tank & Shakur fight, rest assured there's gonna be 2,000 N-bombs dropped at the pressers.

6. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

He nailed it. Everyone wants the street cred until it comes with sirens and handcuffs as accessories lol.

7. Xplosive

When DL said that, I believe he was primarily talking about White boys who use the word. Until they get in trouble with the law, then they fall back on their whiteness.

It doesn't as much apply to Berlanga, as cops treat Blacks & Ricans with equal disdain.

We did however establish that Berlanga used it wrong time, wrong place.

But he can't help himself. Like Tank & Shakur, he just doesn't know any better.

Haney is a little different. Tank, Shakur, and Berlanga grew up in the hood; Haney is a suburb kid. I think Haney knows it's not professional to drop N-bombs at pressers, but does it anyway to sound tough.

puerto rock likes this.
  8. Double L

Double L Book Reader

The fact Canelo would say he does not like how His Excellency does business, when every other fucking person in the world loves it, says it all.

Canelo gets so bitchy and defensive when asked about opponents.

REEDsART likes this.
  9. Xplosive

Unlike Fast Eddie, Turki isn't out here to kiss Nelo's ass.

He was truly sincere when he said he doesn't care how Nelo feels about him. He doesn't need Canelo.

10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Sadly, the Dallas Homey Errol Spence Got CAUGHT UP in that Same Shit, Eventually...

Spence's Ol' Man Has NEVER Been Big on N-Bombs...Not a Part of His Daily Vocabulary...Spence, Jr. Started Using it More and MORE in Public, On Some Dallas "Street" Shit Though...

Coming from a Stable, Middle Class, 2-Parent Home Wasn't "Down" Enough, Apparently...

REED:afro:

11. Xplosive

Spence is pretty good at controlling it in public. Better than the aforementioned 4 at least.

The only slip was when Tank was trolling him at the Martin presser and Spence said "N*gga, shut up!"

Bud is good at controlling it around the press as well. Bud will say it in interviews with the Hip Hop community, but not around boxing reporters.

Regis, now that's another MF who can't control when he says it.

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

13. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

And idle threats of street/gang violence by Tank...questioning who is more streets....again mostly by Tank..

14. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Nah...Berlanga is a special stupid..he will argue w/ the cops call 'em all kinds of fa&&ots, mf, ninjas, pigs....everything....all over a traffic ticket.

puerto rock likes this.
  15. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

16. Xplosive

17. Xplosive

18. Boxingfan25

Check out Danny vs Canelo side by side

https://youtube.com/shorts/4OaVkvBeFno?si=alLOrDhnnPklQqqz

A lot of people label Canelo as a bully or accuse him of cherry-picking his opponents but I just watched that video with him and Danny Garcia and it really put things into perspective. Danny Garcia who started at (around 135 lbs) actually looked bigger than Canelo. This just goes to show that Canelo isn't the huge guy people make him out to be. He's out there fighting and knocking out guys at 175 lbs but in reality he’s not much bigger than a welterweight. Sure...he’s more muscular and dense but he’s still a smaller guy compared to the light heavyweights and super middleweights he's been facing. Canelo doesn’t get enough credit for stepping up against these bigger men. He reminds me of Mike Tyson in the heavyweight division....both are small fighters taking on much larger opponents. It's impressive and definitely something people should recognize more imo.

19. Xplosive

Between Danny & Ryan, neither Garcia can speak a lick of Spanish. Their daddies should have spent less time acting like jackasses and more time teaching them.

20. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Fuck yeah. And spanish is easy

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

You're Confusing TALLER w/BIGGER....INTENTIONALLY, No Less...

Now Back to Your Regularly Scheduled Canelo Fan Girl'ing...

REED:emoji_ok_hand:

22. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Any Latino that Co-Signs on Trump is CLEARLY of the "White Washed" Variety, as if the Name "Ryan" Isn't Caucasoid Enough...It's NOT Surprising Ryan Eschews Espanol...

puerto rock and Xplosive like this.
  23. Boxingfan25

Look Reed Canelo may be stocky but calling him "bigger" just because of his build is misleading. He’s 5’7-ish fighting guys who are 6’2 or taller with a natural size advantage. It’s not just about muscle... height and reach matter a lot in boxing. Just because Canelo has bulk doesn’t mean he’s not at a disadvantage. If you can’t appreciate what he’s doing by taking on these bigger guys... you’re just hating plain and simple bro. It’s impressive no matter how you spin it.

24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

You're LITERALLY Trying to Suggest Danny Garcia is "Bigger" than Canelo:Jest:....Fuck Outta Here w/That Bruh...REED Isn't a "Hater" @ All, But He's Not a Canelo DICK RIDER Either...

As You Were...

REED:pop:

George Crowcroft likes this.
  25. Boxingfan25

Bro...you can have an opinion on whether pineapple belongs on pizza or if socks with sandals are hip (no judgment). But saying those 6’4 dudes are the same size as Canelo?
    COME on man...that’s just wild. Canelo is a 5’7 Mexican midget taking on giants not some dude squaring off with his twin. Height and reach in boxing ain’t just small details...they’re the whole damn enchilada. Next thing you know... Reed’s gonna be telling us the sky ain’t blue. Goddamn man im not Stevie Wonder. Some things just ain’t up for debate.

26. Xplosive

This guy will say anything to ride Canelo's meat.

Canelo's a much bigger man than Danny. Danny has been almost 100% inactive since the Spence loss, and likes to eat good between fights. Canelo stays active (by today's standards) and remains in shape. That's the only reason they appear of similar size.

I'll give you the perfect analogy: Kelly Pavlik now weighs like 220-230 and looks jacked. But does that mean that Pavlik is naturally the same size as a say, young Ike Ibeabuchi?

Stop victimizing Canelo. He's a natural super middle.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  27. Boxingfan25

Otro pendejo (smh)

28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Canelo is SHORT...Short Stubby ARMS, Short Stubby LEGS...

But Canelo is Also THICK...Those Short Stubby Arms/Legs are THICKLY Muscled...Canelo Also Has a Large HEAD, Thick NECK...There's NATHAN "Small" About Canelo, Bruh...

In Terms of STATURE He's Qawi, He's Pitbull Cruz, He's Montell Griffin, Derevyanchenko, Emile Griffith, etc...None of Them are/were Particularly SMALL Men, Relatively Speaking...Just SHORT...

Bivol was a BIGGER Man Than Canelo, REED'll Give You That...So was Kovalev, Obviously (but Kovalev Also Endured a Rehydration Clause)...The HEIGHT Difference btwn Canelo and Callum Smith was Comical, But Smith was Also THIN @ '68...Aside from Those Instances, REED Ain't Really Seeing this David-Goliath Shit You're Selling Though...

puerto rock and George Crowcroft like this.
  29. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Id say clenelo is a stocky middleweight, who's a bit undersiezed at smw

Boxingfan25 likes this.
  30. winner by choke

winner by choke Undisputed Champion

I've seen alot of these guys in person. For reference I'm about 6' 170-190 range. GGG was my size with smaller legs. Bernard Hopkins similar size to me as well.

Mayweather looks like an 8th grader.

Canelo looks like he is 5'6 180+ pounds. Like actually solid. I did see him before he fought Mayweather and he looked pretty small, but he is way bigger now.

Although Canelo is short, his skeleton seems much bigger than almost any middleweight. You meet Danny Garcia first thing you think is man he's a pretty small dude (shortish, thin)... Noone would think that after seeing Canelo.

Alot of the light heavyweights seemed to me like 200 lbs athletic guys who obviously just dehydrate to the bone, but then a guy like Andre Ward is just average sized.

Natural size is hard to figure though. I was 135-140 lbs until my late 20s. Now I'm 50 LBS heavier and still feel relatively thin.

Azazel likes this.