Is Jake Paul good for boxing

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Boxingfan25, Aug 16, 2024.

1. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

Is Jake Paul good for boxing?

I actually think he is, and here’s why. Since Jake Paul started his run of what I’d call boxing exhibition fights, he’s taken on a bunch of UFC fighters and knocked most of them out. Now, this is where it gets interesting...you’ve got this guy who used to be a YouTuber, a Disney kid even, and he’s dropping UFC fighters left and right. UFC fighters are supposed to be the best of the best when it comes to combat sports, but here’s a novice in boxing, Jake Paul knocking them out. It makes you wonder if Jake Paul can do that, imagine what a world-class boxer would do to a UFC fighter in the ring. This whole situation almost discredits the UFC especially when you think about the legends Jake’s beaten Anderson Silva, Nate Diaz and a bunch of other tough guys in the UFC. But in the grand scheme of boxing, these guys are nothing. They just don’t have the skills to hang with real boxers. So yeah in a weird way, Jake Paul is good for boxing because he’s kind of exposing the gap between boxing and UFC when it comes to pure striking skills.

2. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

No Jake Paul is an annoying TWAT...and i don't mean his youtuber/influencer side..I don't care about that, I never seen anything he has done outside of this sideshow bullshit he's doing with BOXING.

Fighting a bunch of retired over the hill, usually much smaller former MMA fighter isn't proven much.....The one time he fough a guy w/ some boxing experience Tyson Fury bum brother....Jake couldn't get it done.

I wish Tyson would actually go in there to fight even for one minute.....

Canelo would get a pass and make his 150 million dollars if he fought Jake Paul....and REALLY fight him, don't carry him...I would forget about Benevidez.....Bud...etc...

3. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

No. It's "celebrity" bullshit.

Irish likes this.
  4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

No.

Irish likes this.
  5. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

No, what's good for boxing is having more fights like Ortiz vs Bohachuk or Crawford vs Madrimov, elite level boxing with lots of action and next level skill-sets and mental fortitude.

Irish, Xplosive and Neil like this.
  6. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Not sure id call crawford madrimov a fight with lots of action. Was a decent technical and tactical fight, but there wasnt a kot of landed shots

7. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

First of all if you seriously think Jake is exposing UFC fighters by beating them at boxing you're pretty misinformed about the UFC and particularly the fighters he's fought. I think most if not all of those UFC guys were not competing at the time he fought them and were either actually retired or just unofficially so. Also, there's a big difference between being a striker and a boxer. A striker is a guy who has a semblance of striking skills and can hold his own against your average MMA fighter but may only have a very basic level of boxing training if any at all. One of the guys Jake fought had zero striking skills and was mainly just a wrestler. So yeah it looked great when Jake KO'd him but beneath the surface it didn't mean anything. It was neither a triumph for boxing nor a strike against MMA/UFC and was merely a case of one guy taking advantage of the fighting limitations of the other.

So does what Jake do help boxing? I suppose it doesn't hurt, but only a mainstreamer who's ignorant of the deeper fundamentals of both sports would fall for any of the theatrics to think so. So maybe the best you can hope for is because of JP, some kid decides to take up boxing instead of MMA and maybe one day becomes a really good entertaining boxer or even world champ. But when it comes to the actual sport of boxing, what Jake does is below even amateur levels of consequence and is probably only significant to the YouTube world that he came from.

Here's my sig worthy synopsis:
    BASICALLY, JAKE PAUL IS THIS GENERATION'S BUTTER BEAN.

Jesus of montreal likes this.
  8. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    I honestly cant care enough about Jake Paul to even form an opinion. Boxings always had its gimmicky, circusy underbelly of some sort, this is todays, in ten years it'll be something else & the boxing world will keep spinning as normal

Irish likes this.
  9. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Peak eric esch would whip paul in a 4 round fight

Boxingfan25 likes this.
  10. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Eric Esch would snap that fools neck....

The Paul's are bad for humanity. Nevermind boxing, they besmirch the fucking Galaxy.

11. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah but they didn't get paid millions........guys like Paul are getting paid more than Ward and Gatti did.