Rubén Olivares vs Lupe Pintor

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Flo-Raiden, Sep 3, 2024.

1. Flo-Raiden

Flo-Raiden Undisputed Champion

@ Bantamweight. Does Pintor have a chance against Olivares?

2. Greynotsoold

Greynotsoold WBC Champion

Pintor had a chance against anybody. He had solid boxing skills, he punched well, took a punch well, was purposeful about what he was doing in the ring. He was tough; he took so many headbutts, low blows and elbow smashes from Gomez. All Gomez needed to do to make it muay thai was to land a knee, and he might have.
    But Pintor was outboxed over 10 by Davila twice. Fortunately their second fight was for 15 and Lupe came on strong in the last 5 to win.
    Olivares, at his best, could box very intelligently. That gets hidden behind all the knockouts. I think you can make a case that his boxing skills- his ability to fight intelligently- and his placement of shots was at least as significant as his punching power. In my estimation, Olivares was able to box as intelligently as Davila, but his power allowed him to do so more aggressively. I think that presents problems for Pintor.

3. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Yes, Pintor has a chance, but if Olivares is on his A game, I'd go with Olivares by late stoppage in a war.

George Crowcroft likes this.