Benevidez vs Morrell next???

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Boxingfan25, Sep 26, 2024 at 10:52 AM.

1. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

It looks like Benavides and Morrell might finally be in talks for a fight which honestly feels like the best option right now. Canelo’s clearly not interested in fighting Benavides anytime soon. I’m not saying he’s ducking him but the dude’s had plenty of chances to make it happen and still hasn’t. Benavides seems like he's getting tired of waiting around. I don’t think he wants to end up wasting his prime like Dimitris Boo Boo Andrade did, sitting on the sidelines waiting for big fights that never come.

Benavides knows he needs to keep his momentum going and a fight with Morrell would definitely grab attention. Morrell’s a dangerous fighter no doubt but let's be real he hasn’t fought anyone at Benavides level yet. It’s one thing to look good knocking out lower- tier opponents but it’s a whole different story when you’re in the ring with a guy like Benavides. Some people might hype up Morrell thinking he can take Benavides out but I’m not sold yet.

I’ve seen this kind of talk before. Everyone hyped up Boo Boo Andrade as the guy no one wanted to fight...the "boogeyman." What happened when he finally stepped in with Benavides? He got his ass handed to him, didn’t even win a single round. And then the excuses rolled in...oh inactivity blah blah blah.

Anyway Morrell might be the next big test for Benavides and it’ll be interesting to see if he’s as good as people think. Let’s just hope this fight actually happens so we can see who’s really the better fighter. What do you think?

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

3. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Benavidez wants to fight Canelo

Public wants to see Canelo vs. Benavidez

Canelo gets whiny when Benavidez is brought up and can't explain why he won't fight him. How is Canelo not ducking Benavidez?

4. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Some bloke named Benson ^

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

The Thread Starter Views Boxing Thru Canelo Colored Lenses, Electing to IGNORE the Obvious....He's Like a Trump Supporter, in THAT Way...

REED:emoji_ok_hand: