Benevidez vs Morrell next???

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Boxingfan25, Sep 26, 2024 at 10:52 AM.

1. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

It looks like Benavides and Morrell might finally be in talks for a fight which honestly feels like the best option right now. Canelo’s clearly not interested in fighting Benavides anytime soon. I’m not saying he’s ducking him but the dude’s had plenty of chances to make it happen and still hasn’t. Benavides seems like he's getting tired of waiting around. I don’t think he wants to end up wasting his prime like Dimitris Boo Boo Andrade did, sitting on the sidelines waiting for big fights that never come.

Benavides knows he needs to keep his momentum going and a fight with Morrell would definitely grab attention. Morrell’s a dangerous fighter no doubt but let's be real he hasn’t fought anyone at Benavides level yet. It’s one thing to look good knocking out lower- tier opponents but it’s a whole different story when you’re in the ring with a guy like Benavides. Some people might hype up Morrell thinking he can take Benavides out but I’m not sold yet.

I’ve seen this kind of talk before. Everyone hyped up Boo Boo Andrade as the guy no one wanted to fight...the "boogeyman." What happened when he finally stepped in with Benavides? He got his ass handed to him, didn’t even win a single round. And then the excuses rolled in...oh inactivity blah blah blah.

Anyway Morrell might be the next big test for Benavides and it’ll be interesting to see if he’s as good as people think. Let’s just hope this fight actually happens so we can see who’s really the better fighter. What do you think?

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

3. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Benavidez wants to fight Canelo

Public wants to see Canelo vs. Benavidez

Canelo gets whiny when Benavidez is brought up and can't explain why he won't fight him. How is Canelo not ducking Benavidez?

4. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Some bloke named Benson ^

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

The Thread Starter Views Boxing Thru Canelo Colored Lenses, Electing to IGNORE the Obvious....He's Like a Trump Supporter, in THAT Way...

REED:emoji_ok_hand:

6. Double L

Double L Book Reader

You had me then you lost me.

7. Boxingfan25

First off in response @ Reed's Trump comment. Really? Bringing up politics in a boxing discussion just shows how desperate you are to make this personal. Stick to the sport man. You're reaching.

To address the whole "Canelo ducking Benavides" thing...let’s break this down. We live in a boxing world where the A side calls the shots. It’s been that way forever. Canelo is the face of boxing not Benavides. There’s a reason why people are talking about Canelo and not Benavides. Canelo is at a point in his career where he doesn’t need to fight everyone knocking on his door. He’s chasing legacy...not belts. Do I need to remind you that he’s fought the likes of GGG, Mayweather, Kovalev, and Bivol? I mean come on dude the man has nothing left to prove.

Can the same can’t be said for Benavides? Let’s be real he has fought Caleb Plant who Canelo already handled and Andrade who has been nothing but hype for years. Is Benavides a good fighter? Sure but when you compare him to the all time greats I don’t see how anyone thinks he’s at Canelo’s level. You guys keep acting like Canelo has to fight him like he owes him a fight. But where was this energy when Canelo was fighting guys like GGG, Jacobs, and Callum Smith? People were complaining then too saying he was ducking Charlo or Andrade. Funny how that narrative keeps changing yet Canelo is the only one taking on dangerous fights.

You can keep throwing out names like Benavides all you want but the reality is that Canelo has bigger fish to fry. He’s in the position to fight whoever brings the most to his legacy and $$$ whether that’s Crawford, Bivol or Beterbiev. I get that people want to see Benavides in that mix..but until Benavides proves himself by beating more top tier competition consistently why should Canelo even bother? I think this fight will happen when it makes sense for Canelo not because a bunch of guys on a forum are crying for it.
    In the end like it or not Canelo is the A side.

8. Neil

9. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

At this point Benavudez should just wait a bit longer….who can Canelo dig up to fight next??? He’s not fighting the winner of Bivol vs Beter, he seem unwilling to make $100-200+ million to Ko Bud, the other Charlo is down at Moe’s Tavern wishing he had been invite to a Diddy freak off, drinking his life away.

10. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Ryder, Charlo, Munguia, Berlanga…..the pursue of greatness & $$$ continues.

$$$ for Crawford? Nnooo fuk u bitch majesty, fuk outer here motheruker.

running back with Bivol? Noooo fuk u, 168 fuk u I’m Aside, pay day fuk u moderfuker, get the fuk out! of here..

11. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I can’t wait for Canelo vs Crawford….NEXT!
    A fight that will enhance Canelo’s bank account $$$$$ and send his legacy into the realm of Julio Cesar Chavez…

follow by Canelo vs Bivol/Beter winner on September 2025……..JCC sr? Nah PEASANT, these next two fights will send Canelo into Robert Duran realm of greatness…

Azazel likes this.
  12. Double L

Double L Book Reader

13. Boxingfan25

14. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Credit to Benavidez, Morrell is a very tough opponent with not much mainstream value. Hopefully Canelo fights the winner but I won't hold my breath...

15. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

werd :rolleyes:
    ....NO bitch out zone HERE...

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Wow! You're ALL the Way TRIGGERED, Huh???:eek:...

Please DON'T Flatter Yourself...Yes, the Trump Comment was Indeed "Personal" But the PERSON It was Directed Towards RESPONDED to REED in the Very Next Post...He Wasn't the Least Bit Bothered By it Either...

That Said, it's Hilarious Watching YOU of All People Attempting to JUSTIFY Canelo's Fuckery...Since X Recruited a New Wave of Posters (Nice Work X!), YOU'VE Been Among the Chief Shit Talkers and COMPLAINERS of Fights NOT Happening, Fighters DUCKING Smoke, NOT Doing Right By Our Sport, etc...

Yet Whenever it's Time to Call a Spade a Spade, to RIGHTFULLY Criticize Canelo for Putting Himself ABOVE the Sport, All of a Sudden YOU Wanna Move the Goalposts...It's Hypocritical AF and DILUTES Your Arguments Against Other Fighters, Who Fail to Make the Fights WE Want to See...

Can't Have it BOTH Ways Bruh...It's Either All RIGHT or All WRONG...

Here @ Fightbeat, NO Fighter is ABOVE Reproach...When Floyd was Shamelessly Ducking Pacquaio for Years, Fightbeat Called BULLSHIT...Yes, Even BLACK Posters Like X and REED..."To This Day", Whenever REED Criticizes Canelo on YouTube, a Canelo Fan IMMEDIATELY Brings Up Floyd....As if the Fact REED is Also Black Means Floyd Got a PASS When He Absolutely DID NOT...REED Stopped Fucking w/Floyd in a "Fan" Sense After the Hatton KO...

Like Floyd, Canelo Has Reached the Point Where he TRULY Believes He's BIGGER and BETTER Than the Very Sport That MADE Him and Fuck Him (& Floyd) for That...He Wants to DUCK the Smoke Yet KEEP His Titles, Simultaneously???...DUCK the Smoke Yet Get PAID Like He's Facing ELITE Fighters Still, Like He's Facing Genuine THREATS???...

No, No, No...Canelo is BULLSHITTING the Boxing Public and Deeeeeeeep Down You KNOW It!!!...

REED Bitched When Floyd Did It and REED is Bitching Now That Canelo's Doing It...See How This Works???...

Giving Canelo a Pass is YOUR Prerogative, But it's Still BULLSHIT In the End...Bullshit That You're Condoning from Him, Yet Complain About & Categorically WOULD NOT Condone from Others...

REED:Fights:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2024 at 3:37 PM
  17. Azazel

100% agreed. I like Canelo a lot more than I liked Floyd but not going to give him a pass for the same bullshit I criticized Mayweather for. As you said, both think they are bigger than boxing and I don't think it's helping the sport in the long term.

REEDsART and Jesus of montreal like this.
  18. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Grest post my man reed. Its a fucking shame that clenelo is ducking benavidez so obviously. And as i said before, the guy is not even that good, if clenelo grows some balls, hell probably realise that he would beat this guy

REEDsART and Xplosive like this.
  19. Azazel

A decade ago, I argued that, by facing stiffs
    and selling it to gullible fans as some amazing athletic feats, Bute would hurt boxing long term success in Québec. People were telling me I was crazy since he was selling out 20,000 seats arena but it seems I was right at the end. Boxing in Québec as never been so insignificant in my lifetime. I'm afraid that Floyd and Canelo, by not giving fans the fight they want, will have the same negative long-term impact.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2024 at 2:35 AM
  20. Jesus of montreal

I hate Bute and his management as much as anyone, but the main reason boxing is dead in QC is because theres no major talent at the moment

21. Boxingfan25

First off...I’m not denying that Canelo has his diva moments. I’m owning that but let's be real Canelo not fighting Benavidez can be viewed the same way people criticize Crawford for not fighting Boots. Yet where’s the same level of criticism? It's easy to call out one fighter and give the other a pass right. Never see you or X give Crawford shit for it. No one’s saying Canelo is above boxing...he’s not. What I’m saying is that the hate he gets seems to be blown out of proportion especially considering that everyone’s been ducking or strategically moving around tough opponents for years. Floyd did it, Pacquiao did it, Crawford is doing it now and yet Canelo gets dragged through the mud like he invented the strategy.

Sure Canelo is chasing big money fights but he's still taking on tough challenges (moving up to fight Bivol for instance). So while I get the frustration the reality is he's doing what many others do...protecting their brand while trying to balance risk and reward. Let’s keep the same energy for all fighters if we’re going to call out ducking. It’s not about giving him a pass. It’s about recognizing that the whole damn sport is operating this way.

22. Jesus of montreal

Nobody was criticizing Canelo opposition up to the Bivol fight. But since then (2 years and a half) his choice of opponents have been dissapointing to say the least. He's the most popular boxer right now, so its obvious why he's the one that get the most criticism for ducking

23. Neil

Crawford just moved up and faced perhaps the toughest guy in the division

Alvarez fought eddie basura

This guy's fulla shit

24. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

"Protecting the brand" Ugh.

Sure, he's not the only one but you can call bullshit when you see it. It doesn't matter that other people do it too or have done worse. It's just a deflection technique used in politics all the time. Why does person A get criticized for doing a thing when persons B and C have done basically the same or even worse?

Not the point.

25. Azazel

Lemieux was a worldclass, very marketable talent and he wasn't drawing anywhere as close as Bute or even Lucas. And the Ouellette/Lucas era proved you didn't have to be a major talent to draw big crowds in Québec.

26. Azazel

True, Crawford not facing Boots is shameful too imo.

27. Jesus of montreal

Lemieux was concomitent to the Bute era, and has/had the charisma of an old pair of socks. And while Lucas and Ouellet werent major talent, they were at least worldclass (or tought to be so in Ouellet case). I dont see anybody in QC that's nearly at this level. Bar maybe zewsky, who made some incredibly dumb move managerially speaking, and cant win any fight over midlevel opposition.

Hell, at the moment, the flagbearer of Quebec boxing is Kim Clavel .... you cant turn shit into gold

Edit: I forgot about Mbilli, who pretty much sold out the videotron center against Derevyanchenko. Hes probably one big win away of being a major star in Québec

Last edited: Sep 29, 2024 at 8:10 PM
  28. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

How about getting off your lazy ass and representing QC!

29. Azazel

Lol MBilli is far from being a major star. Nobody knows him. Unless his ''one big win'' is over Canelo