Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol: Who Wins?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Flo-Raiden, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Loool, thats absurd. Beterbiev was struggling as hell against the same Gvozdyk that was fgthing on even term with a 41 years old decrepit Stevenson before the 10th round. Beterbiev defense is not more than ok, and his chin can be cracked. No way would that be a foregone conclusion.

2. Jesus of montreal

Beterbiev is good, but hes far from the killer most think he is. He has great great pressure, but he's slow and pedestrian, and his chin is alright at best. Stevenson, probably because of his past, is really underrated. People seems to forget that he was in his 40's when he started to show vulnerabilities.

The hate for Stevenson is weird. He destroyed good fighters like Dawson, Cloud ans Bellew, yet you guys act like he was a bum. For what is worth (and its not worth much I agree), he looked a lot more impressive against Bellew than Usyk did. Let that sink in

Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 3:10 AM
  3. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    :Jest: When your top 3 scalps include bellend and a guy who just lost to a 48 year old man

4. Jesus of montreal

48 years old?? Who the fuck are you talking about little neil?

And you can add Fonfara

5. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I think Conteh could probably beat Beterbiev too. True his chin weren't great, but he still went 15 with Saad. That's probably harder than twelve with Beterbiev imo

Xplosive likes this.
  6. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Stevenson has a good stylistic match-up against Beterbiev and I could see Artur going down against the pimp, but I think Beterviev probably breaks him down as the fight draws out. Late stoppage win for Beterbiev imo.

The problem with both Bivol and Beterbiev is that the rest of the division sucks, and so they've not got the opportunity to prove how good they are except against eachother, which doesn't really tell us much given how the fight played out.

I think they're definitely both better head to head than they are in terms of greatness. I think if they were in the Spinks/Qawi era; they'd be fourth and fifth after Spinks, Qawi and Saad. I could see them both beating pretty much everyone else around that time.

7. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Bivol has the near shut-out win over Canelo. Beterbiev until now, on the other hand, has what's become a typical Top Rank resume with wins over guys with nothing to lose.

8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Frazer Clarke has been discharged from hospital after treatment for broken facial bones.

9. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    That's what I felt too.

10. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Personally i thought Beterbiev won close but clear - even the shots Bivol were blocking were accumulating damage and by the final two or three rounds he didn't want any of it. Fighting Beterbiev looks like fighting drowning- horrible.

11. winner by choke

winner by choke Undisputed Champion

I feel like it is harder to compare older generations just off of the eye test. Beterbiev seems like he would be even better over 15. Also he constantly comes into ring close to 195.

The way Saad Muhammad was physically overpowered by the shorter stronger Qawi just makes me assume Beterbiev would likely run through him as well. I know he was a little older and during his hot streak in the late 70s early 80s he was amazing, but by the time he was Beterbievs age it isn't even a comparison.

And agreed Stevenson seems like a bad match up for him.