Tszyu vs Murtazaliev IBF 154lb Oct 19 Florida

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Punk, Aug 15, 2024.

1. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Tim tszyu is fun to watch. There's no two ways about it.

2. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah if you're selling health insurance to boxers.

Double L likes this.
  3. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

How is he a fraud? Well, he’s no Hall of Famer. He’s not a great fighter, or even a very good one. He’s gotten this far because he’s Kostya Tszyu's son and being an Aussie helps too. Aussies tend to rally behind their fighters because they’re loyal fans, but let’s be honest they don’t have a lot of big names to cheer for. When was the last time you heard about a Hall of Fame Aussie fighter other than Jeff Fenech? Who do you have? Jeff Fenech, Anthony Mundine, and Kostya Tszyu. And let's not forget, Kostya isn’t even Aussie...he’s Russian. But that’s beside the point.

I stand behind what I said...he’s a bum and a fraud. He got this far because of his famous father who is a Hall of Famer. Sure he became a world champion...but was he ever going to be something special in his weight class? No. From the start, it was clear he was struggling. His skills were basic and there was nothing extraordinary about his talent. So, yeah, I stand by my words and I’m not apologizing for it.

4. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Tszyus ambition exceeded his talent but he definitely isn't a fraud who relied on his father's name

He came here to establish himself. Signed to face thurman who dropped out, so he accepted fundora as a late replacement

He lost on a terrible cut and then signed to fight ortiz. He wasn't healed in time and was advised to wait till February to fight

Instead he wanted to fight this year and took on a legit guy charlo has been avoiding for a while

He may be mismanaged but hardly a fraud or a beneficiary of nepotsim

He beat several contenders before all of this

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

6. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Id never seen murtazaliev but he's solid.

Tszyu really has been handled poorly by his camp. A trainer lookin out for his guy would never have allowed the fundora fight to go on for 8 or 10 more rounds after that atrocious cut

Tszyu will still be in the mix as an opponent and can get a few more paydays. He should have went straight to lubin if that was on the table

It's weird that his career has gone this route where he went with haymon.

At any point after the thurman ppv fell through he could have just said fuck it and stayed in Australia and faced someone else.

Its really true his ambition, or hubris depending how your view it , did him in

Bum ass kambosos made a killing there and is a less talented guy

7. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:

the news will be reported on today tonight's sports segment, along with something about Tyson

8. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    it all got me thinking - have there ever been any good boxers that have origins from a rich millionaire family, growing up in a rich area, private schooling etc?

9. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

If so it'll be an aberration.....who the fuck would wanna fight a bunch of maniacs when Daddy's trust fund is right there? Much better to conquer the business or medical field.

10. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

I think Tszyu had the hunger and the balls to have a go, and has proven to have a big heart....but he proper lost the plot in there thinking he was some Arturo Gatti style blood and guts warrior who would punch on with a big Chechen tough cunt and come out victorious.....

He's literally never been that, he's a low workrate sharpshooter with an average beard and questionable defense who needed to box his way into the fight, use speed to grab points and grab/hold to stop the onslaught.