What fighters from the past ...

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by whiskey, Sep 27, 2006.

1. godking

godking Leap-Amateur

Some REAL examples of the fights Bruce Lee participated in and NO rumours of streetfights and fights that cant be verified do not count.

2 fingers as lethal as switchknives :jester: :jester: kicks more dangerous then a .22 :rollllling: :rollllling: :rollllling: :rollllling: .

Now tell me he is faster then a speeding bullet

And you are a grown man ?

The only fighter from that time period that was a legit bad ass master who actually did fight in recorded fights against may different martial artists was Mas Oyama who incidently was a MMA artist since he studied different arts and incorperated them into his Kyokushinkai karate.

Mas Oyama would have raped Bruce Lee.

2. Tha Pitbull

Tha Pitbull Leap-Amateur

So this guy would rape Bruce Lee?

[​IMG]

:jester: :jester: Rigghttt:loveballs:

3. Tha Pitbull

Tha Pitbull Leap-Amateur

The great bull fighter :jester: :jester:

Killed everyone with one blow:jester: :jester: 270 of them!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... HAHAHAHAHAHA...HAHAHAHAHAHA!

4. Tha Pitbull

Tha Pitbull Leap-Amateur

You see the 9th dan blackbelt he's wearing? Bruce said they were only good for keeping your pants up.

5. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    everything happening today is a melting pot of centuries of martial arts coming together.......

6. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Bruce Lee was a cha cha dancer and a kung-fu actor who happened to bust up a couple of bums at some point. Big deal :loveballs:

7. godking

godking Leap-Amateur

Mas Oyama actually did have recorded fights the man went on a tour in the states in the 50s and took on all comers and is a FAR more proven martial artist then Lee is.

Oyama is a proven MMA fighter since he did have a black belt in Judo trained boxing wrestling and chinese kempo in his youth. a PROVEN track record against fighters from other styles.

Fighters from his Kyokushinkai style and its offshoots have a long history of succes in full contact fighting to this day . What K1 champions or top fighters do you know of with Jeet Kun Do as their primary style ?.

Oyama legit badass proved it by fighting.

Bruce Lee legends theories and movies and fanboys claiming he had hands as dangerous as knives no real record of fights .

This is what usually happened when kung fu met karate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpRNReo8KkE

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  8. GeeGeeMoney

GeeGeeMoney Im Banned

Lee is the man

unlike in the movie Cradle in the Grave though
    Jackie Chan doesn't have shit on real mma fighters
    and he would get killed

9. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

bruce was not only a great martial artist and MMA founder basically.. he also was a physical PHENOM! the guy was p4p maybe the strongest person to ever live

10. Do you want him like Pitt does though?

11. Tha Pitbull

Tha Pitbull Leap-Amateur

1. Prove it

2. K1 is KICK BOXING but ALL MMA fighters are Jeet Kune Do fighters!
    For the simple fact that JKD is not a STYLE it's a CONCEPT and that CONCEPT is MMA.

3. PROVE IT! Prove this man fought and killed 52 bulls and killed most of them with a single blow! Prove the man fought 270 people and killed most of them with a single blow!
    Stories about Oyama are straight up laughable and much harder to believe then any story about Bruce. If Oyama was such a great fighter as you wish to believe then why isn't he considered the greatest martial artist of the 20th century or of all time for that matter? Only people who study Kyokushinkai think the man was so great and thats only because he invented the style. Bruce would have hit Oyama five times before the he could react to the first punch.

12. Tha Pitbull

Tha Pitbull Leap-Amateur

Bingo and Bruce was putting them together in the 60's just like I said.
    He is the father of MMA and most of the MMA fighters back up that claim.
    Ask anyone of them and I bet nine out of ten will agree with me.

13. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

that bull killing shit is BULL SHIT:jester:

I am a huge Bruce fan and always have been.. but there are contless people and facts that support he was a PHENOM a FREAK of nature with Strength and MMA stuff!

I know no one here will believe this but who cares.. I dated a realtive of Bruces and they had ALL KINDS of family shit about him.. gave me even more insight into what an incredible guy he was.. a true Master.

He would simply Rape everyone in MMA today in every weight class!

14. Tha Pitbull

Tha Pitbull Leap-Amateur

[​IMG]

Bruce would have crushed the bull killing king Oyama:sportif3:

15. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    How do you see Wong Jack-Man doing in today's MMA?

16. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    the father of it? maybe.....was he innovative? without doubt. But to say he INVENTED MMA is retarded

17. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Hooks, MMA is just a combination of styles. I'm sure back in the days of neanderthal, men were probably wrestling with animals AND punching them to knock them out before cooking and eating them. Therefore, making them Mixed Martial Artists since they used a combination of wrestling/boxing.:jester: We can go back really far with this shit.
    Only difference is, it didn't sink into peoples' heads until Bruce came along. Example; Matt Hughes should've known years earlier that he needed to enhance his stand up game to go with his wrestling. If he read the Tao of Jeet Kune Do and read some of Bruce's philosophy, he would be an even better fighter today than he is. You know what I mean.

18. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Martial Arts have evolved so much in just the past 10-15 years, that it would be very hard for any of the best fighters from the past to beat the best fighters of today.

TFK

19. Hanzy

Sure, but the fighters of the past if living today would've evolved too with the sport.

20. Tha Pitbull

Tha Pitbull Leap-Amateur

Yes it has and thats why Bruce was ahead of his time. Like I said what you see today Bruce was doing back in the 60's.

21. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

You mean acting?

TFK

22. Tha Pitbull

Tha Pitbull Leap-Amateur

It really has the same meaning which is creator. And you are just splitting hairs over a term if I'm the father of something I created it and if I invented something I created it also not understanding that is retarded.

23. Tha Pitbull

Tha Pitbull Leap-Amateur

No training you really need to get over the shit about his acting. Bruce was a martial artist first and a actor second bruce was an actor to support his family but it has nothing to do with his martial arts ability.

24. Hanzy

That's the problem with people. If you're an actor, then nobody will ever take your true skills seriously.:nixweiss: But at least most people know. The people who cared to read a book or two. They know Bruce is the real deal.

25. Tha Pitbull

Tha Pitbull Leap-Amateur

That's because they don't know shit about him other then he made movies.
    His martial arts ability is what landed him his first acting job in America.
    It doesn't matter what these scrubs say when almost every MMA fighter in the world agrees that Bruce was the real deal. Everybody that knew Bruce first hand knew he was much more then just an actor. Every great fighter back then respected Bruce for his martial arts ability not his acting.

26. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Of course he was a martial artist. I don't know anyone who disputes that. It's a different story when people state things like he's the best fighter of all time. :rolleyes:

27. MCC

MCC Scrub

Anyone who believes Bruce Lee was a more proven martial artist than Mas Oyama is ignorant and should NEVER claim to know shit about martial arts.

Not only was Mas Oyama 220 LBS of muscle, but he is the foudner of kyokushin karate which is the base style for former K1 champion Andy Hug, and ultimate fighting legend Bas Rutten. How many fighters who trained under Bruce ever did shit in real competitive competition?

Not to mention being the only karate fighter to knock out a champion thaiboxer in Muay Thai.

Oh and lets not forget he was a 4th degree (possibly 5th?) black belt in judo, and trained with Kimura, one of the best grapplers in history.

And unlike stories of street fights that are mostly hearsay, Mas Oyama killed a man with a single punch to the end, who had robbed a woman with a knife. And he always fought and killed bulls on T.V., and was in the hospital for 6 months after being gored by one.

*to pitbull*
    You sight that Cheung was the witness for Bruce's boxing match, but don't mention the fact that Cheung was quoted as saying that Bruce drew with Wong Jack Man and the fight lasted from 15-20 minutes. So I hate to tell you buddy, but your facts do not match. And you also forget Bruce was knocked down vs. Elms.

And the fact that Lee wouldn't fight Wong in a public rematch, he definitely wouldnt be lasting even one round with Jens Pulver... let alone dominating the lightweight division.

28. MCC

MCC Scrub

"A black belt covers 1 inch of your ass...you've got to cover the rest"
    -Royce Gracie

29. godking

godking Leap-Amateur

:2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

30. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Bruce's early death was the result of intensive anabolic steroid abuse.