F.Y.I.

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by REEDsART, Nov 14, 2010.

1. admin

admin has left the building

I make Marquez the favorite every time they meet. Dude just has his numbers but has been ripped off. Forget about size. If you look at Manny's last few opponents who has anything in their arsenal like Marquez does. Marquez with counter Manny to death like he always does and his punches are sharp. Sure he's slipped a bit, but it will always be in Manny's head that this dude probably has beaten him twice at his best.

Cupey

2. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

You never learn, do you?

3. Fighter

Fighter Undisputed Champion

Eventhough he fought Mayweather at 147, TWO divisions above his current division, he was so ineffective that his marketability for a fight with Pacquaio was immensively diminished.

A 3rd fight could be sold but it would be a waste of time and a lesser challenge for Pacquaio because NOW Marquez would be OUTCLASSED.

4. admin

5. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Anybody who thinks Marquez could beat Manny at 147 is smokin some powerful shit! For all yall Marquez groupies who act like JM "schooled" Manny both times, lets not forget that in BOTH fights, Manny did by far the more DAMAGE. At 147... where Manny is better, and Marquez is worse... what in the hell you think is gonna happen? Marquez gets taken out. No if's, ands, or butts.

I have zero interest in seeing Manny beat up Marquez, and even LESS interest in seeing him beat up the corpse of Shane Mosley. Shane is a nice guy, and I'd take no pleasure in watching Manny beat him half to death.

Lets see him in there with some young blood. Either Berto, or like Neil said the winner of Bradley-Alexander.

Now none of those guys have a realistic shot at beating Manny(no one at 140-147 does except for Floyd) but its alot more intriguing than watching him beat up old men.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  6. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Agreed.

7. admin

Dude, tell me Marquez didn't fuck up Manny at his best weight. Look at Manny's face. He looked like he got run over by a truck.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_LEU3QpmBL0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_LEU3QpmBL0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Carlos, you're coming off a week of almost un-paralelled stupid fight analysis. Step away from the computer, this isn't going well for you.

Margarito should throw short punches :atu:

9. admin

Absolutely. You wouldn't know because you've never stepped into the ring. Why don't you meet me at Savannahs gym in Houston and I'll show you what I mean :lol:

If you look at Margarito you see that his punches were wide or delivered to far back from his body. I was looking for straight punches, uppercuts on the inside, and punches to the mid-section. The only way to do this was to get him on the ropes and use rough tactics. Instead he tried to do something he's just not capable of, outboxing Manny.

Cupey

10. Fighter

Fighter Undisputed Champion

Article has , if Floyd doesn't step up, Roach would be ok with Marquez but at 147, the same weight he fought Mayweather at.

At this point, they could put Mickey Mouse in there with Pacquaio and it will sell a million PPV buys. Marquez HURTS that equation and would be a hard sell.

11. Kenny

Kenny Scrub

I would like to watch berto, Bradly or Chavez Jr take on Manny. Berto and bradly will give him a different style. Chavez jr would just be fun to see his ass kick.