Shane Mosley "I am fighting Pac"

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by royyjonesjrp4pno1, Nov 30, 2010.

1. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

That's not at all what I'm saying, and I'm not defending this fight for a second. For the record, it's pure garbage. I would much rather Pac waited for the Bradley vs Alexander winner or Andre Berto.

2. *Z*

No, you got it all wrong. Pac is facing Mosley to prove to the world that he can indeed beat a Black American fighter. Floyd fans demand it, and Pac is ready to deliver.

:mj:

3. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

Terrible fight.

4. Kenny

Kenny Scrub

I hope he fight berto next but if he meats Mosley. He would have fought all the top names that fought at 147 not name williams or floyd in over 2 year time. Pacquaio deserve a pass.

5. V10

V10 Undisputed Champion

If he indeed fights Mosley that would make it the 4th boxer out of his last 6 (66%!?) that has just lost to Mayweather. The other 2 were coming of losses as well, 1 of them via the most 1 sided KO loss in a while to a guy Mayweather went on to defeat.

Basically, Manny needs Floyd and Floyd needs Manny. Each one fighting someone else at this just won't do it unless it's Martinez.

6. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

This is the first fight Shane gets stopped. He'll get his ass whipped but unlike Garcia I think Nazeem Richardson will throw in the towel before Shane is completely destroyed.

7. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

First of all we've seen guys get much worse from one fight to the next after a loss especially at that age.

There's a lot of historical evidence to back that up. If a fighter could not decline from one fight to the next, we woudln't have shot fighters. You guys realize that the decline has to take place at some point. And it's not like a guy becomes shot and then we have the shot version with constant abilities until he retires.

Don't get me wrong, I'm giving Pac exactly as much credit for fighting Mosley as i gave Floyd and chances are he isn't much removed from that but to say there's nothing to back up the contrary is really ignorant.

Especially mexican wedding shirt should know because he gave Abraham so much credit for fighting the exact same Taylor Froch fought so thumps down for eating that up unreflected.

8. V10

V10 Undisputed Champion

Pacquiao fans are lovely. They have somehow managed to convince themselves that the win against Hatton was as good as Mayweather beating the undefeated version 3 fights ago. Beating an older DLH in a weight class he hadn't fought in years was also as good as Floyd going up to 154 to beat him. Beating an even older version of Mosley coming from a 1 sided loss to Floyd and a draw against Mora is also the same as fighting a Mosley coming of a 1 sided win over Margarito with their twisted logic. Somehow in there Pacquiao forgot to fight Judah after Floyd beat him. :Giggle:

9. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    what i dont understand is how some fellows here can claim mosley is the same guy as he was coming into the mayweather fight. after 36 minutes, he had received the most thorough one sided loss of his entire career. his previous fight he scored the best victory of his career, his subsequent fight he looked horrible and was lucky to get a draw. do the math, mensas.

10. V10

V10 Undisputed Champion

Nobody is saying Mosley was much better from 1 fight to the other, of course he wasn't (though the beating he took at his age probably didn't help). What was better and quite more meaningful was fighting Mosley at that point. That's all. Just like fighting an undefeated Hatton coming from his best win against JL Castillo was better.

11. TLC

TLC "Twinkle Toes" McJack

The only thing that will top this off is when Pac request the fight to be at 144...:lol:

12. V10

V10 Undisputed Champion

Pac already said before it would have to be 142 I think. :lol:

13. Neil

142 for mosley and 147 for marquez!

14. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    No, but he will have been better than the 147 version that Pacquiao will face.

15. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    the logic is simple from team pac....if Pac fucks Mosley up then Mayweather will look bad

16. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:

Overstatement by a founding member of the FloydIdiots.

Mosley best victory dates back to 2000 when he beat a prime Oscar De la Hoya.

I've always been a Mosley fan and don't want to see him seriously hurt. If it's one more major payday for him...Jin-free money...then I'm okay with it just to be done with him once and for all.

besides...you know Floyd will want a tune up after being out of the ring for a year.

This gives Manny a faux practice fight and Floyd a chance to make money.

17. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

I don't understand how Mosley is almost 40, and some fellows like you think he was in his prime until the Floyd fight then SUDDENLY became totally shot, just after fighting Floyd. What a coincidence :lol:

The fact is Mosley was fucking done against Floyd, he looked his age.

He managed one last excellent performance against the human punching bag plasterito, and looked like shit against Floyd and Mora.

Mosley has been washed up for years. The one that fought Cotto was only marginally better than the one that fought Floyd. Prime Shane would have bashed Cotto.

Oh yeah, and beating that cheating human punch bag plasterito is not even close to beign the best victory of his career you utter floyd groupie.

The best victory of his career is being the first person to decisively beat a prime Oscar.

18. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Kinda like Taylor coming into the Abraham fight... :lol:

19. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Another thing is that HBO put Mosley on the graphic for possible Pacman opponents on Saturday night. Bob Arum started all the talk of a Mosley fight not the general public.

20. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Before the Mosley fight Roach said he was too good, there wasn't enough money in a fight and he would have to weigh 142-143.

Translated it means look like shit in your upcoming fights and you will get a fight. Props to Paul Williams for getting KO'd and therefor becoming a possible future Pac opponent.

21. Neil

If margarito wasnt the best victory of mosley's career it was the second best victory.

22. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Berto, Martinez, Williams, Cotto, Bradley vs Alexander winner/loser, Pacquiao, Margarito, none of these guys are in Mayweather radar...who doesn't want to fight anyone with a slightest threat of beating him.....win/lose, win streak/losing streak....maybe if Erik Morales look half-way decent in his next fight "MONEY" might fight him...but it has to be at 147..or no fight..

23. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Loada shite. Pointless.

24. *Z*

I just think it's funny the same guys who will talk the most shit if Pac signs to face Mosley are the exact same people that would keep bringing up his name if Pac didn't fight Mosley.

25. Neil

mosley would be a good win for pacquiao. he would be an easier fight than margarito, however

26. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    What are you talking about??? Pacquaio isn't even fighting Marquez. He's supposedly fighting Mosley.

27. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    We were talking about the possibility of Pac Marquez 3 and I was talking about those already giving Manny a pass on fighting Marquez at 147 and saying it's a legit fight.

If not, forget it.

28. mexican wedding shirt

No, not even close.

It's only impressive because of Mosley's age and shotness.

Plasterito without his magic wraps is a fucking scrub.

29. Neil

ya? :lol: which guys did mosley defeat that were more impressive performances/greater victories?

somehow that fucking scrub just gave pacquiao "the hardest fight of his career".

30. mexican wedding shirt

That wasn't even close to being the hardest fight of Pacquiao's career.

Shit, little Marquez gave him a harder fight at 130.

For Mosley the Plasterito win is on par with someone like Antonio Diaz, because they are similar level fighters without the magic wraps. Plasterito is like a bigger Diaz.

Plus when Mosley fought him he looked even worse than usual, which is to be expected, obviously slightly preoccupied by being caught red handed with concrete in his gloves.

By the way Musze, that sig is obscenely funny :lol:

What a classic KO.