'94 Foreman vs. Wilder

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Dog Jones, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

No not the Foreman that fought Cooney or Holyfield, the 45-year old version that won the belt against Moorer vs. the Windmill. Does he have enough in the tank to khtfko or out-box the Windmill here

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Wilder probably beats 94 Foreman. I think by the mid-90s, George would be too slow to close the distance on Wilder. Beyonce would fight pretty cautiously, but he'd hit hard enough to keep George honest, and he'd moreless win on athleticism.

89-90 Foreman KOs Wilder.

Hut*Hut likes this.
  3. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Very slow plodder vs a timid strictly counter punching bum. Hard to say really. I definitely see George withstanding Wilders power. George had the power to ko wilder but at this stage just too slow no combinations etc.. i see it as a very slow fight with Wilder landing some flashy counters and going all windwill at least several times in a fight swaying the judges.

4. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Wilder wins quite obviously

5. Xplosive

This makes it sound like a foregone conclusion.

While I said that Wilder is the rightful favorite over 94 Foreman, Wilder is too shitty to say that George has zero chance.

If he lands a clean right cross to the point of Wilder's dodgy chin, Wilder could go.

So, 94 Foreman has a puncher's chance, but I'd take Wilder by ugly decision.

97-98 Foreman? Yeah, at that point Wilder is a very commanding favorite, because by 97 Foreman's power was basically gone.

6. Greynotsoold

Greynotsoold WBC Champion

In 1992 Alex Stewart beat George Foreman into a gargoyle after overcoming a rough start.
    Against a 1994 Foreman, there is a chance that Wilder would suffer an equally rocky start and he may or may not survive it, though he took a lot from Fury who I reckon to be more damaging than George Foreman was in 1994. And George might not be as forward against Wilder who was certainly better than Stewart and hit much harder.
    There are a few variables but my gut feeling is that George would eat a lot of jabs and a bunch of frightening right hands that would check his chin; I don't think that he would finish the fight and it wouldn't suprise me to see him go down.
    That said, I think that George has a real good chance of ending the fight himself if Wilder hurts him and goes into his windmill routine.

7. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    Yep, the Stewart fight is the main reason I don't see this particularly close. Apart from bit more polished style Stewart had nothing over Wilder.

Comebacking George was carefully matched and especially in '94 very hittable, which is why I believe Wilder is the clear favorite. Foreman of '90? That's a tough question

Greynotsoold likes this.
  8. ButterbeansDad

ButterbeansDad Leap-Amateur

Wilder is just hard to respect in h2h matches because he's so skill-less and relying on one punch. He's basically losing every fight against contenders until he lands one punch.

9. Xplosive

The Foreman who beat Cooney, I would pretty comfortable take over Wilder.

Yes, I realize that Wilder is more formidable than a washed up Cooney, but it's more about how George looked in that fight. George still had enough foot quickness to close the distance on Wilder, and he had enough killer instinct left that he'd be willing to walk through firepower to get to Wilder.

I have a very difficult time seeing Wilder's brittle chin stand up to the shots that KO'd Cooney.

10. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Stiverne 1 aside, I'm not sure in my mind if the windmill has the discipline to box for 12-rounds against '91 Foreman, who was still slow, but no where near as slow as the '94 version, who was borderline Slow Joe Joyce at that point

11. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Cooney George decapitates Wilder's skinny basketball player ass. George would walk him down and maul him. George in 5

Deasil, George Crowcroft and Xplosive like this.
  12. BOSS

BOSS TBD

George is much stronger and punches much harder than Fury. In the second and third fight Fury hardly boxed the bum. Just walked him down and put it on him till he folded. What do you think George would do?

13. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    Idk, Wilder might, like, punch back

14. BOSS

BOSS TBD

He couldn't punch back hard or often enough against Fury. You think Wilder is Ko'ing George? Wilder CAN punch but not hard enough to stop the Semi from changing course and running him over

15. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    Fury is much more difficult to hit cleanly than the old version of Foreman. One punch, even by Wilder, would not KO George but he would feel it. If Stewart was able to both take Foreman's shots and to turn him into a gargoyle, I can't see why Wilder couldn't do the same

16. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Wilder is a timid low output counter puncher. Fury is hard to hit yes but in the last 2 fights he wasn't playing defense at all he was just walking the bum down. After Wilder tastes George's clubbing baseball bat shots early he would not do much aside from throwing an odd hailmary and take a bad beating on the ropes.

17. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Foreman by KO 12….

Wilder might hurt and drop George but we know he is getting up. Wilder will land his punches but he’s going to be walking face first into Foreman slowww punches.

Wilder doesn’t know to stay outside and try to box….behind the jab/right hand. Even if he did his footwork is terrible….

Similar to every fight against top opponent in the 90s George will look like he’s taking a beating but he will be landing those hard shots enough to really start hurting wilder in the late rounds….

I see Foreman landing uppercuts and lifting Wilder off his feet…. wilder reaching to hug Foreman and getting pushed off and hit a few more times before going nite nite…..BELIEVE..

18. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

94 foreman. Wilder by ko

90 foreman probably wins, ot at least has a hell of a chance

19. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Agreed expect Wilder ain't dropping the grill man. And it ends sooner.

20. Xplosive

Well, in Wilder we're talking about a guy who was rocked badly by a total and utter nobody in Eric Molina. Stewart was Ray Leonard compared to Molina.

94 George has a shot. It's a remote shot, but it's not like his chances are 1-2%.

Let's not act like Fury is some huge hitter. He's gained a rep for being a bigger puncher than he is BECAUSE Wilder's chin is so average.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    BOSS likes this.
  21. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    I'd rank Stewart and Molina pretty equal tbh. Stewart fought absolute cans. I believe his best win is shot Jesse Ferguson. As crap as Molina is, his record is probably better, and he won max 1 round against Wilder. Stewart bout looks bad on Foreman's abilities at that point.

Also, I have never heard Fury being called big puncher. He mostly ragdolled Wilder with his physical strength, and with his ability to get close

22. Xplosive

This thread deserves a bump, because even the 94 George was better than Parker.

What is 100% certain is, the 89-90 Foreman fuckin kills Wilder. No ifs, ands, or buts. Wilder would get the Cooney treatment.

23. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I don't think that was ever in doubt

Xplosive likes this.