Alexander Munoz vs. Nobuo Nashiro *Spoiler* (plus Valero)

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Son of Payton, May 3, 2007.

1. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    Spoiler...

Munoz regains his title via UD, Valero stops Nobuhito Honmo in the 8th round (TKO on cuts, no knockdowns in the fight), Hasegawa wins a dull decision.

2. StingerKarl

StingerKarl Ace Degenerate

One report said Valero "kept throwing punches from all angles."
    That is easy to envision, especially when your feet are all over the place and your hands and upper body are somewhere else.:lol:

3. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

ah shit.

I liked having a novice with a belt. Munoz is one of those guys I wanted to like based on his record, but his power just doesn't seem to be anywhere near his record.

And it's more fun for Valero to get 1st round ko's.

And Hasegawa, as Japan's favorite (I think he's liked more than the Kamedas?), going boring makes for a triple play of mediocre to bad news.

4. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
  5. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Private, faggy board. :doh:

I'm glad it happened. Munoz > Castillo.

6. ElTerriblee

ElTerriblee "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Scores were wider than I expected, but from the 10 of the 12 rounds they showed Munoz looked like the clear winner. In the last two rounds he dominated a tired Nashiro. :clap: :clap:

They showed 5 of 8 rounds of Valero/Honmo and Valero boxed more controlled than usual. The cut was bleeding pretty good, but didn´t hurt Honmo´s vision and he caught Valero pretty good a couple of times in the 7th and 8th round. I would have let it continue, but they never showed a close up of the cut. Valero was winning all the rounds they showed and Honmo doesn´t possess the punch to hurt him, so they cut it short.

Hasegawa still running in the background, I quit after 4 rounds to check whether something happened in the fight, apparently not. :shit:

7. valdosta

Home Page:

<TABLE class=tborder id=post60866 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #000000 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px solid">[​IMG] 04-26-2007, 03:32 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #000000 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px solid" align=right>#2 <INPUT id=plist_60866 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; PADDING-TOP: 0px" type=checkbox value=0 name=plist[60866] inlineModID="inlineMod"> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #000000 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 0px solid" width=175>Valdosta<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_60866", true); </SCRIPT>
    Boxing Fanatics Moderator

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_60866 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG]
    <HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Nashiro is going to lose. I think this is a VERY bad style match for him.
    <!-- / message -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #000000 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px solid">[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #000000 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls -->[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <!-- / controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- post 60866 popup menu -->

Fucking Castillo needs a skin transplant. Funny though Munoz wins when he goes to Japan. Castillo losses or struggles a bit at least. <!-- / post 60866 popup menu -->

8. valdosta

Home Page:
    Hasegawa is the man :bears:

9. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

Gay ass gallinita couldn't beat that prospect so Munoz had to.:lol:

10. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

You are one to point out who a "gay ass" is, you defend Juan Manuel Marquez like he is not a suspect joto

11. valdosta

Home Page:
    So does he need to beat Munoz a 3rd time now? Munoz for some reason fights good in Japan. Castillo on the other hand struggles there a lot for some reason or another. Castillo should fight Mijares, Arce or whoever they want to let him fight. Arce would be an easy enough fight.

12. LATIN KING

last I heard Juan Manuel was a happily married man like his brother. Unless you have insight on the boxing gay community. :lol:

13. LATIN KING

well I guess the excuse is that Nashiro lost so why fight him? but I always found it funny that a veteran champion considered a pfp fighter by some lost his title to a guy with less than 10 pro fights. Yet never attempted a rematch.

Instead hes been talking bout fighting Arce who recently moved up to 115. I guess since he beat Muños and he beat nashiro that automatically avenges his loss to Nashiro right?:laughing:

14. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Smells like Morales and Barrera syndrome to me. Funny how you were arguing the other side when it came to that one. :lol:

15. valdosta

Home Page:

No point of fighting Nashiro coming off a loss. If Nashiro wins a title or something then sure Castillo should fight him again. As it is he should try to get a title shot.

16. LATIN KING

that's bullshit. he should rematch the guy to avenge his loss especially since he said it was a bad night and doesn't really credit Nashiro for being better than he is.

Maybe not now that he just came off a loss but clearly Nashiro will be among the top 115 fighters for a while. A belt shouldn't motivate Castillo to fight him again. Especially if he is as good as some of you say he is.

17. LATIN KING

barrera and morales is a completely different situation:nono:

18. Matchup_Analyzer

The pics of Joto blockhead were clearly displayed here at FB for all to see, everyone was :eeeek: after seeing the photos, I'd like to know where you come off with "Gay ass gallinita" when your boy is fruity, idiot.

19. LATIN KING

those photos were some photoshop bullshit that started at doghouseboxing.com I remember where they came from.

and gallinita sounds funnier than gallito for that overrated clown.:popcorn:

20. Matchup_Analyzer

photoshop :laughing: ...... more like Jotoshop :lol:

If Castillo and Munoz fight a 3rd time, we can sig bet if you are still that confident then :stir:

21. LATIN KING

Castillo beat hime twice already I know he'll beat him again. That wasn't my argument.

My argument was that he lost his tittle to a guy with 8 pro fights and never attempted to rematch.

If your a champion with some pride you'll definately want to prove people wrong and should ashamed you lost your tittle to some prospect. Especially when he was being overrated by some.

22. Matchup_Analyzer

Like how Juan Manuel Marquez proved the people wrong when he attempted a rematch with Pacquiao .....oh wait, that didn't happen

How is Castillo going to force an immediate rematch when Munoz was the next in line?

23. Registered

Registered "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Technical Director
    Home Page:
    :laughing: :laughing:

Fagquez took the "big" money fighting Chris John. :doh: